Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

I love FFUR 2006 and the ironsights and mission editor looks great. I got 3 questions tho willl the patch come with a brand new sky pack? Will the patch make FFUR 2006 lag a bit more then the original MOD? Lastly when is this patch coming out i want it so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good work tho FFUR team and continue to do so smile_o.gif

Lastly when is this patch coming out i want it so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I imagine if they had a release date, they'd tell us and not wait for everyone to ask, and use several hundred exclamation marks afterward.

just anxious for the patch that there making i just hope its soon thats all

It will be out when they finish it! Not before not after.

They allready put the list of things comming in the patch and they just need to test or finish them. nener.gif

From Your Previous:

Lastly when is this patch coming out i want it so badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I imagine if they had a release date, they'd tell us and not wait for everyone to ask, and use several hundred exclamation marks afterward.

just anxious for the patch that there making i just hope its soon thats all

It will be out when they finish it! Not before not after.

!!! SILENCE IN THE RANKS !!!

!!! EVE OF BATTLE NERVES !!!

!!! DO NOT HARASS THE STAFF !!!

!!! WAREFARE IS PERPETUAL & ONGOING !!! mad_o.gifmad_o.gifmad_o.gif

trafalgar

you should learn something mod/addon makers will never give you an ETA unless its when they release it

are you trying to give orders to us huh.gif

I usually get a final test of it before it goes out and I dont have it yet.

so...

My squad, SWAF, has been fortunate enough to land the task of MP BETA testing the patch, and we haven't heard anything from the FFUR team for a while, so don't hold your breath...

I usually get a final test of it before it goes out and I dont have it yet.

so...

My squad, SWAF, has been fortunate enough to land the task of MP BETA testing the patch, and we haven't heard anything from the FFUR team for a while, so don't hold your breath...

Especially when theyre (aparently) updating all their packs. xmas_o.gif as usual, it will be done when its done! smile_o.gif

FFUR is my favorite mod ever....

and thats why the FFUR thread deserves the honor of containing my 500th post.

GOOD JOB FFUR.

1st 500th post.

FFUR is my favorite mod ever....

and thats why the FFUR thread deserves the honor of containing my 500th post.

GOOD JOB FFUR.

500th post.

and you just deserved honor of 50 post count deductions for spamming and 1+ warning.

Youch. Remind me not to say when I reach 1000!

Can I ask what dexterity values FFUR uses for each weapon? I need some pointers. I'm currently using around .7 for the SAW, I've got a full list on my computer when I get it back. mad_o.gif

HUZZAH NOW I CAN REACH 500 POSTS 2 TIMES WOW THAT'S SO AWESOME!! THX YOU

you are aware that the javelin was originally developed as an AA weapon AND it still posseses limited AA capabilities even in its new current role? Granted, i doubt its capable of catching a MIG, although not read anything for or against this

Yes, for use against helicopters

isnt the rbs70 a bit like the javelin but dedicated AA with limited AT capabillites?

yes, exept that RBS70 isnt shoulder launched, it´s mounted on a support and has radar and IFF reciver and stuff like that wink_o.gif

but yes, it is a AA missile wich can engage ground target if needed

btw, RPG can also engage air targets even though it is a shoulder held AT weapon tounge2.gif (my point here is that most weapons can do things they are not designed for more or less successful, it´s all about the one using it)

I just found it odd that the AT weapon was better than the AA weapon huh.gif

Good to get some concrete news smile_o.gif

I have to say that I'm slightly worried about the use of the Tunguska and Linebacker though. Won't this change totally change missions they're used in? I mean, they're 10x more capable than the Shilka/Vulcan huh.gif

fly low biggrin_o.gif

HUZZAH NOW I CAN REACH 500 POSTS 2 TIMES WOW THAT'S SO AWESOME!! THX YOU

and 48 hr post restriction on top of that.

I am very excited about the implementation of the Tunguska and the Linebaker.

Surely they are much more effective units than the Vulcan and Shilka (Specially the FFUR shilka that has not even Radar)

I prefer to have this new models, however it is true that this will make some old maps unplayable due their high effectivity.

@ zaphar.

Hehe not much people fly lower than Shashman. Swaf pilots do train to fly real low and Shashman likes to scare us all I was thinking in calling him the flying underground  nener.gif .

Anyway I have been engaged by the Tunguska flying the A-10 at 25 mts from 2000 mts away. Once they got a lock on you, you have a trouble.

But said this I welcome much the addition of this vehicles because the realism they add and the challenges they pose for dedicated OFP Pilots like Shash or myself.

Of course, even to inexperienced players, taking out AA cover shouldn't be a problem, OFP-chopper + plane flying is so easy.

What is the main area of concern to me is that AI players will be immediately swatted out of the skies by the AA missiles these units carry. Of course, it depends upon the situation of the mission, however, I think players on the ground will have to think very carefully about calling in air support from now on (if they even have that option in certain missions).

Totally realistic, of course - I'm all for it (I've done some ludicrous stuff in choppers), but it may make the BIS campaigns very very interesting.

Hey I have a few questions, but I feel kind of bad for asking them as they may have been brought up and addressed earlier in this thread, but there's just so many pages to shift through so I thought I would ask here and let you guys yell at me because I figure at least one person will be kind enough to help me out smile_o.gif.

I downloaded and installed FFUR 2006, and started playing through the original Cold War Crisis campaign. FFUR seems to cause a lot of problems with it, several times events wouldn't happen when they were supposed to, no matter what. Like in the mission where you fight along side the resistance and in the very beginning you are in the forest and have to hold your fire until a group on a hill destroys the tank, they never fire on the tank. I tried many, many things, and left the game running while waiting in the forest for hours and nothing had happened. And if I killed a resistance anti-armor guy and took his RPG-7, the tank would start coming and the leader would be like "Oh god, the tank is coming, we have to fall back, mission failed". I had to use the end mission cheat to get past it. Another time is in a mission after that one where you start out and you have to man a machine gun while the Soviets are landing at the beach. I played through the mission and did everything correctly and completed it saying it was a success, but then it went to a cutscene with the U.S. Commander dude saying I am a disgrace and have failed and am being relieved of duty, then it kicks me to the title screen. Even using the end mission cheat in this mission gives this same result. Those two problems are just the ones I remember, there were others ranging from minor to other issues that stopped the missions from playing out. Anyone else have any problems like this?

I was also wondering what relative time frame the patch was being released in. I know asking "When will it be released" is lame, but I'm not looking for anything close to a specific date. Are we looking at a possible release this month, or next month, or even later?

And lastly I was looking at Benus's sights he was making, and I was wondering if these were going to be included in the new patch.

If anyone is willing to answer these questions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Please, I need a little help.

I've installed FFUR_2006. Now I'd like to try all 3 themes (Woodland, Desert and Winter Pack), and FFUR_European_Pack.

However, before to downlodas these huge files I need some clarifications:

- must I remove FFUR_2006 before to install these 3 packs?

- FFUR_Winter will change island's textures too?

- must I remove FFUR_2006 before to install FFUR_European_Pack?

- What's FFUR_Island_Pack? (I've already installed Nordic Island Pack adn FFUR_Sky_Pack).

Any help will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance for reply and patience.

Best regards.

I was just wondering if it would be possible to swap out the 9K32 Strela for the 9k38 Igla, someone is making one in the addons discussion. The Igla is what the Russians currently use, Americans still use the Stinger, but an updated version.

Of course, even to inexperienced players, taking out AA cover shouldn't be a problem, OFP-chopper + plane flying is so easy.

Really??? tounge2.gif

Feel free to demonstrate your Pilot skills testing THIS SP Pilot training map

You need FFUR of course and the Diesel-A-10 (full add on) the SA-11 and AEC island.

In our squad we do have a dedicated Air unit with people just flying OFP stuff and we will not say this is easy tounge2.gif

With the New Tunguska and Linebaker in FFUR it will be even more "interesting"

Have fun rofl.gif

lol, well we do not need to go into danger with our aircraft, we shall just get our special forces in to take out the air units.. im sure they would like to HALO in with those new LSR addons and blow up some AA.. tounge2.gif

remember what the lovely tunguska also has 4x 30mm cannons whic can fire up to 5000 rounds a minute combined wink_o.gif