Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

GP-25 sights!!!!!! hehehhe

More 40mm grenades pistols.gif

In other news... Yes the German StG-44 did influence in some manner the AK. It does look similar. But in terms of internal design the similarities end there. The German rifle was basically over-worked, very complex. Kalashnikov on the other hand, went the other way. The AK is synonymus with simplicity, thus it´s famed reliability.

To NSX...

Is the AK-74 more accurate than the AKM or AK-47??

Yes, the AK-74 is more accurate than the AKM and AK-47. The AK-74 uses the 5.45x39mm cartage whilst the AKM and AK-47 use the 7.62x39mm(not the same as 7.62x51mm NATO) cartridge. The 5.45 has a higher velocity than the 7.62 which causes it to have a flatter trajectory (it shoots more like a straight line, not as much drop). The 7.62x39mm has a lower velocity than the 5.45x39mm, but also has twice the mass, which is why it drops faster than the latter.

61085_45_ProMag.jpg

(from left to right)

5.45x39mm, 5.56x45mm NATO (.223 cal, although not exactly the same), 7.62x39mm, 7.62x51mm NATO (.308 cal), some freak caliber, then 12.7×99mm NATO (.50 cal)

AK-74s are known to have very little recoil which is very good for follow up shots, however, the 7.62x39mm AKs have better punch to them. I hope to have one in the future, semi-auto civilian version, but I'm working on getting a semi-auto Romanian AKM biggrin_o.gif

HOLY ******* way better than I ever expected!!

newm136.jpg

Hey,

I totally reworked the M136 (can be seen on the pic above ... TB is just posting my pics tounge2.gif) and changed some minor details on the AKsu and some bigger details on the AKM sights.

and yes the sights get better and better but the THX has to go to Dslyecxi for providing me with some very nice pics and info about the M136 and to Shadow NX for doing the same for the AKs.

but now I have to go back to my synapses and neurotransmitter and electrical fishes crazy_o.gif

but maybe there will be some changes or updated sights till the patch is out. but not sure ... time is short.

but the FN FAL still needs a new one smile_o.gif maybe this evening

regards benus

Timamas/Orcs T-90E.

But T-90E(very early T-90 program stage) is just simple T-72B with kontact-5 era armor fitted on the turet, T-90S is export version with less effective eletronics(and god knows what more was removed) and T-90M "Vladimir" is the one used by the russian federation army.

As for the M1A1 Abrams, is that just Sigma's one, or is it gona be a new vehicle?

Yes, the AK-74 is more accurate than the AKM and AK-47. The AK-74 uses the 5.45x39mm cartage whilst the AKM and AK-47 use the 7.62x39mm(not the same as 7.62x51mm NATO) cartridge. The 5.45 has a higher velocity than the 7.62 which causes it to have a flatter trajectory (it shoots more like a straight line, not as much drop). The 7.62x39mm has a lower velocity than the 5.45x39mm, but also has twice the mass, which is why it drops faster than the latter.

Well, I have to disagree with part of this. 7,62 is a more flat, stable trajectory than 5,62. The reason is innertia and quinetic energy.

This is why most Sniper Rifles of the world use 7,62 mm despite their Army actual standardammo is 5,62.

I have fired both calibers when I was on the Air Force and over 500-600 mts the 5,62 NATO looses precission and curves, while the 7,62 was more stable and required less azimut compensation up to 800-900 mts.

The 5,62 weights less, allows soldiers to carry more ammo, and produced more wounds than kills, it has other advantages but flat trajectory is surely not its strong point.

Also it is affected more for the wind. Look for a wind compensation table for both Calibers and see.

Well, I have to disagree with part of this. 7,62 is a more flat, stable trajectory than 5,62. The reason is innertia and quinetic energy.

This is why most Sniper Rifles of the world use 7,62 mm despite their Army actual standardammo is 5,62.

I have fired both calibers when I was on the Air Force and over 500-600 mts the 5,62 NATO looses precission and curves, while the 7,62 was more stable and required less azimut compensation up to 800-900 mts.

The 5,62 weights less, allows soldiers to carry more ammo, and produced more wounds than kills, it has other advantages but flat trajectory is surely not its strong point.

Also it is affected more for the wind. Look for a wind compensation table for both Calibers and see.

Youre talking about the NATO 7.62x51mm round, which is very accurate. Kalashnikovs use the 7.62x39mm short Russian round which although is very powerful isnt nearly as accurate as 5.56mm and 5.45mm. The two rounds have nothing to do with eachother; the 7.62mm NATO is a shortened 30-06 as used in the Garand and Springfield, the Russian 7.62mm is was based to some extent on the German 7.92 Kurz

Excuse my double posting - but I just saw this! notworthy.gif Any chance of replacing the Su-27 with it?

Excuse my double posting - but I just saw this any chance of replacing the Su-27 with it?

Took the words right outta my mouth tounge2.gif

That SU-30MKI is a thing of pure beauty inlove.gifxmas_o.gif

Excuse my double posting - but I just saw this any chance of replacing the Su-27 with it?

Took the words right outta my mouth tounge2.gif

Great minds think alike wink_o.gif

IMHO, the F-16 is a bit outclassed by the Su-27/30. It would be cool to see Footmunches F-15E in its place, but it doesnt have the same variety of weapons as F-16 does. BTW, the Su-30 Im particularily interested is the last one, the prototype, its just looks soo sexy tounge2.gif

nice su30 but i dont think tb would implement it so near to the patch or would he?.... wink_o.gif

nice su30 but i dont think tb would implement it so near to the patch or would he?.... wink_o.gif

You never know wink_o.gif TB, I'm confused now, is the RHS Hind going in this patch or not?

Sounds great, just wondering have you implemented the death anims the way i suggested?

Cant wait for the pack sounds sooo great.

TB, I'm confused now, is the RHS Hind going in this patch or not?

To be determined.

The ah1 ll miss me.... If someone can make one like the bis one in a stand alone addon i ll notworthy.gif

i think there is one somewhere maybe the VIT ones but they're w and z models which are the late production ones not the original cobra like you want

remember those guys who made stunning Apaches and Kiowas? i mean Franze and xnodunit... they were working on blackhawk, Ah-1 Cobra too smile_o.gif

MAS Productions homepage

(scroll down page and you will see their cobras)

i think there is one somewhere maybe the VIT ones but they're w and z models which are the late production ones not the original cobra like you want

I think TB wants to keep all the ground units US Army to save confusion and extra work. Cobras are only USMC now

here some reworked ironsights:

M4A1:

newM4A1.jpg

benus

DSCN2856.jpg

A2 sight picture carbine lenth. meant too show the blur of the rear sight.

STGN

Personally I dont like sights were they try and simulate the blur, they end up looking crappy, but then again maybe Benus could change that thumbs-up.gif

Just one short Question : I have just downloaded ffur 2006 and all the other mods. It' really great.

Do I need ffur 2005 too ? I mean is there anything in 2005 that is not in 2006 ?