Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Ehhh you posted twice in under 2 minutes icon_rolleyes.gif

A US vs Arab insurgents mod wouldn't be possible simply for the fact they're armed with 72nd hand weapons and have no vehicles

Hmmm I think I can prove you wrong

T-72

T-55/T-55 Enigma

BMP-1

BMP-2

MTLB <-- OPGWC if you can get permission to use them that is if you can find Quakergamer.

Shilka

Iraqi Infantry/Arab Insurgents

PVS Trucks

Mi-24

Mi-17

MIG-29 or something

That looks like a good list to me but i'm sure we can keep going. How about some toyotas from DMA. I believe you can do it. Just got to get some permission from some people. I can add more if you would like but i'm sure I won't need too. Who cares, how many times have 3 World countries fought against super powers. Russia / Afghansitan. Isreal / Palestine. US / Iraq. US / Iraq and others.

Oh those T-55s and BMPs will just completely obliterate anything the US throws against them.... whistle.gif I dont get the whole idea of a 'BF2-like' mod which people are talking, unless your gona change it so that it takes 10 50-calibers to the head to kill someone and that you can bunny hop around to dodge incoming fire....yeah...Its not a good idea biggrin_o.gif But making a US vs. Iraq or China isnt that bad an idea.

Hi,

After several days of work, 'glad to show you the first pics of the FFUR French soldiers especially done for the FFUR Euro, As several people requested, they will be involved in the 'Euro-Russian' crisis with other European units (Bundeswehr/British Army/Swedish Army...).

ffurfrenchsoldier4jm.jpg

ffurfrenchsoldier21zz.jpg

ffurfrenchsoldier33ez.jpg

ffurfrenchsoldier48kb.jpg

'Hope you would appreciate'em.

They will be carrying SJB incoming 'Famas' firearms.

They're actually Beta, but more enhancements are envisaged for the next days. (Cheers to Hyk for the basic p3d, though.)

Quote[/b] ]

But making a US vs. Iraq or China isnt that bad an idea.

There would probably be an 'FFUR Sino-US Crisis' pack, but I can confirm it only once all other previous FFUR packs are updated.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

What an exellent surprise to see some french forces in FFUR!

Especially that a few months ago, I did ask you why you did not include France in Euro FFUR. What vehicles are you planing on including? Will you model some new ones or use Ofrp/Ikar?

Quote[/b] ]Especially that a few months ago, I did ask you why you did not include France in Euro FFUR. What vehicles are you planing on including? Will you model some new ones or use Ofrp/Ikar?

This is just an addition, a kind of 'extra' additional units, they will probably be used instead of some current 'infantry' units in order to get some french troops in game, not more, not less.

The vehicles and the rest of stuff will still be german or british, though.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Is this going to be on Europe FFUR or this is going to be included on FFUR 2006?

Now that you mention the inclusion of European Armies.

Why do not also add the Spanish Army  welcome.gif

A nice and very detailled mod has been released Spanish FFAA MOD and I am sure the mod creators would be delighted to have it also avalaible on FFUR.

instalador.jpg

It contains well made and realistic units

ts_1.jpg

Like the Leopard 2A6

Leopard.jpg

Naval units

baleares.jpg

And Puma helicopters, Harriers and many other stuff.

Puma.jpg

Worth to take a look?

Hi guys.

A week or two ago I thought i'd crack out the ol' flashpoint games (which I haven't played for a year or two). I stumbled across this mod, and it looks fantastic. So I downloaded the 1985 woodland pack, and installed it. However, when I went to play the game, I only got the new music and a few other sounds. No new guns/skins etc.

Anybody else had the same problem? Should I have downloaded some of the other FFUR packs first?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to getting it working! Thanks.

Looking great TB can't wait for the new FFUR Euro! biggrin_o.gif

@Furia

Spanish units would be good, but would it would probably be easier just to run the FFAA Mod alongside FFUR rather than incorporating it into FFUR as having 5 Military forces represented in one side will probably make things seem very odd.

The FFAA mod has some nice G36s which would be good for the German troops. The mod has the Export version of the G36 of the mod, but I made some variants myself with the German style optics if your interested.

Another thing about the Euro mod - you should have one of the Leopard tanks instead of the Challnger 1 - The British army got rid of its Challenger 1s. The Leopard 1A5 would be the closest European equivalent of the M60, or if you wanted something more modern - what about a Leo 2A4/A6?

Hi quick problem, Downloaded FFUR 2006 and it Crashes back to desk top after about 10 mins playing the game? Anyone else have a similar problem or even better know of a solution.

thats been reported its becuase of the new death anims and the sky pack if you get rid of the sky pack then it shouldnt CTD quite so often but it still will.

We have to wait fro the patch to have it fully fixed though

Another thing about the Euro mod - you should have one of the Leopard tanks instead of the Challnger 1 - The British army got rid of its Challenger 1s. The Leopard 1A5 would be the closest European equivalent of the M60, or if you wanted something more modern - what about a Leo 2A4/A6?

I say use the UKF Warrior with Chobam Armour and Milan Launcher instead of the Chally 1, it's just as tough as the BIS M60.

Might be best to wait for the new UKF Scorpion.

Well,is there any news about patch fixing anims and so on?And my question about grenades is still actual. Grenades don't bounce or explode when applied on some 3rd party units (which mean to be added to for example Laser's SEALs).Could I fix it?

ECF wanted to host the 2005 pack until the 2006 pack was updated, but were having some problems running the mod on a dedicated server. Everything seems to be installed correctly but once the server starts up it crashes and restarts.

If we take the bin folder out the server starts and runs but of course the game doesn't run the same and when you do a combat roll or peek around a corner it crashes.

Anywho were running a linux Debian 64 dedicated server and I can only imagine that we will need to mess with the editable config that comes with the mod. Any insight as to resolving this issue with the linux dedicated server?

PLZ help on this 1

Daniel @ April 02 2006,16:45)]Might be best to wait for the new UKF Scorpion.

I think that the lightly armoured Scorpion might break a few missions where the heavier M60 would normally be  confused_o.gif

about the scorpian the brits dont use the 76/90mm any more i think... they di however use the 30mm Sabre/Scimitar which is based on the scorpian chasis...;)

Thunderbird could you maybe give the german spec ops a silenced G36c with optics prety please inlove.gifhuh.gif

about the scorpian the brits dont use the 76/90mm any more i think... they di however use the 30mm Sabre/Scimitar which is based on the scorpian chasis...;)

Thunderbird could you maybe give the german spec ops a silenced G36c with optics prety please inlove.gifhuh.gif

Or the G36K-SD thats already there wink_o.gif ...

Quote[/b] ]Looking great TB can't wait for the new FFUR Euro

Thanks, Glad you appreciate'em even if they still need several enhancements.

Quote[/b] ]Why do not also add the Spanish Army

As previously stated, we can't include many European forces in the pack because there just arent enough default units to be replaced by Community addons, but we do hope to add some "additional" european infantry units.

The list of Countries included is to follow over the next few months..

Quote[/b] ]So I downloaded the 1985 woodland pack, and installed it. However, when I went to play the game, I only got the new music and a few other sounds. No new guns/skins etc.

These packs are outdated, but if you still would like to play with'em then read carefully the readme texts included in the folder.

Quote[/b] ]The Leopard 1A5 would be the closest European equivalent of the M60, or if you wanted something more modern - what about a Leo 2A4/A6?

No answer can be provided today.

Except the french units, we're not actually working on the FFUR euro.

Quote[/b] ]TB what do you think?

It looks good to me.

But my Military Advisers opinions carry the most weight on whether or not to replace the M113A3.

Quote[/b] ]Well,is there any news about patch fixing anims and so on?And my question about grenades is still actual. Grenades don't bounce or explode when applied on some 3rd party units (which mean to be added to for example Laser's SEALs).Could I fix it?

Get a look at the previous pages, I explained how to include'em to 'extra' units.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Any relative info on how to set up the 2005 mod on a linux server??

Hi first off, great job on FFUR2006. 'nuff said smile_o.gif

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is a bug, but after I enter main menu, it seems to fade in and out. It's not just the background's in-game cutscene in the background fading in and out, but all the text and icons as well. This means when I'm doing something eg. selecting a mission, the whole screen fades in and out and is quite annoying. Is there any way to settle this? Thanks!

Yeah that's been reported quite a while ago and will be fixed in the upcoming patch

That was a really quick reply. Thank you, and keep up the good work smile_o.gif