Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]EDIT* allright then in a slightly more dignified manner why on earth has that happened its rather annoying whilst trying to use a m2hb when all you can see is the floor now will you please do something...

This is probably the 1e10 times that this bug is reported, but thanks anyways.

If you wish to fix it immediately instead of waiting for the patch then get a look at sanctuary post posted in the previous page, cheers to him, though.

Quote[/b] ]On the subject of animations; Yesterday I downloaded the MCAR SA-8 Gecko Mobile SAM system

As previously mentioned, some 'extra' vehicles seat animations will not work correctly because FFUR Vehicle animations are customized, and the extra vehicles seats anims are derived from FFUR ones because they're supposed to be BIS ones.

The best way to figure this problem out is to open the concerned vehicle's config and to get a look at the class it's derived from.

eg:

class sa8vehicle: T80

As you see it's derived from class BIS T80, so check out BIS config and copy and paste the following lines from 'class T80' to your class sa8vehicle:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

gunnerAction=...

gunnerInAction=...

driverAction=...

driverInAction=...

commanderAction=...

commanderInAction=...

cargoAction[]=...

This is just an example, but the concept is the same.

Quote[/b] ]I am very interested in rock song 6

You might probably find the list of tracks in the previous pages. (20/30 pages back).

Quote[/b] ]so im still a little perplexed why your sight picture has the susat so far our, if at all.

The SUZAT like the rest of mounted scopes (Acog, Aimpoint, Pso...) have been done on the same basis:

The weapon scope -> ~10cm from the gunner's eye,

It maybe doesn't sound 'very realistic', but like most of people, I do appreciate the visual aspect of the external part of the scope.

It's best to consider this point as an aspect of gameplay.

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

fair enough i guess - each to their own at the end of the day, just wanted to point out that whilst it looks pretty, its not very accurate tounge2.gif

and its SUSAT (Sight Unit Small Arms Trilux)

Hello

I want so say that this is a truly great mod, a very nice job.

I have in the past spent much time looking for various mods (and missions) and found myself quitting the whole download thing, after being dissapointed for the umteenth millionth time. Basically everything I have found in the past aside from a few key missions and maps I have ended up removing from my system.

So, honestly, I just discovered all the hype about this mod, and after a few hours I finally decided to download it and go through the trouble once more of carefully installing everything to get it right the first time through.

And with some hesitation I started her up, decided to run a med scale single mission (forget the name, one of the originals). So im doing the do, I notice immediatly my guys waste size was expanded some, at first thinking this isnt right then picturing how REAL us troopers look on tv and all, I realize the guys look very similar, full packs and gear and all - neat, looks very real. So I carry on through the mission, slowly discovering some new moves the character now has - woah! I got lean! How I had wished when I got ofp first that they had lean, now its there, nice. The weapons look better too, I also notice that while in 'crouch' mode, my character will actually stay crouched down while moving, as if hes underfire, much like the Ghosts do in GR, wow, very nice. Unfortunately Im gonna have to remap some keys I think, lol, tounge2.gif

Alot of other stuff I notice, but to me the same old missions are still kinda same old, so I decide to try out the new 'Shadows Of The MotherLand' campaign I just got, now EEEEVVVERY thing changes lol---

Aside from this being one of the best campaigns I've ever seen, I finally get to see some really awsome stuff you guys have incorporated, and the game really feels like the next best thing to Arma. In the campaign I play as a Russian Spetz Naz, and boy this guy sure aint the blocky lego man lookin guy with a bandana that he was, good greif he looks tough, the new characters added here are just stunning. It sure was nice to move about as a special ops and the guy really looks like one tough, real, fully loaded spec ops guy, impressive.

Also finally noticed a BIG difference in the terrian appearance, once I entered into some woods, boy, the trees actually looked like trees! Not square sticks coming out of the ground, they look round, the lighting effect brought the woods alive.

Then the vehicles started showing up, as much as the terrian looks so much more real, many of the new vehicles that I saw looked much more real, sharper, and of course updated.

I could go on (oh yea, I get to roll over in prone now lol)---

And sure, theres some things I didnt like, but what perfect game is there out there, and this ones free! The number of things I didnt like arent really worth mentioning, except maybe one, the only thing seemed odd was the exposions of vehicles look like giant almost perfectly round balls of fire that last a little to long and look unreal, as do the little sparks seem to linger rather than spray out, aside from that though, the other stuff was small, and alot just preferences.

My overall rating, uncomparable to ANYTHING I have ever seen in a mod, or ever heard about, and to me its not so much that you changed stuff, but that you guys took OFP and upgraded the game, in many aspects to where it truly feels and looks like a new game, more immersive, more detailed, more real, and in a big way, I think of the many pictures ive seen of units from VBS, man, these guys look awwwful similiar lol.

Congrats to you all for making this, a very good job, I cant even imagine the work that went into it, maybe you guys will get some attention from particular gaming companines, where someday you may get compensation in the form of valuable paper for efforts.

Gl to you all and thank you.

russian units are if i am not mistaken RHS ones and i agree bloody good work ffur erm thunderbird i'll wait for the patch to be released to fix all issues in one wink_o.gif

Hello

I want so say that this is a truly great mod, a very nice job.

I have in the past spent much time looking for various mods (and missions) and found myself quitting the whole download thing, after being dissapointed for the umteenth millionth time. Basically everything I have found in the past aside from a few key missions and maps I have ended up removing from my system.

So, honestly, I just discovered all the hype about this mod, and after a few hours I finally decided to download it and go through the trouble once more of carefully installing everything to get it right the first time through.

And with some hesitation I started her up, decided to run a med scale single mission (forget the name, one of the originals). So im doing the do, I notice immediatly my guys waste size was expanded some, at first thinking this isnt right then picturing how REAL us troopers look on tv and all, I realize the guys look very similar, full packs and gear and all - neat, looks very real. So I carry on through the mission, slowly discovering some new moves the character now has - woah! I got lean! How I had wished when I got ofp first that they had lean, now its there, nice. The weapons look better too, I also notice that while in 'crouch' mode, my character will actually stay crouched down while moving, as if hes underfire, much like the Ghosts do in GR, wow, very nice. Unfortunately Im gonna have to remap some keys I think, lol, tounge2.gif

Alot of other stuff I notice, but to me the same old missions are still kinda same old, so I decide to try out the new 'Shadows Of The MotherLand' campaign I just got, now EEEEVVVERY thing changes lol---

Aside from this being one of the best campaigns I've ever seen, I finally get to see some really awsome stuff you guys have incorporated, and the game really feels like the next best thing to Arma. In the campaign I play as a Russian Spetz Naz, and boy this guy sure aint the blocky lego man lookin guy with a bandana that he was, good greif he looks tough, the new characters added here are just stunning. It sure was nice to move about as a special ops and the guy really looks like one tough, real, fully loaded spec ops guy, impressive.

Also finally noticed a BIG difference in the terrian appearance, once I entered into some woods, boy, the trees actually looked like trees! Not square sticks coming out of the ground, they look round, the lighting effect brought the woods alive.

Then the vehicles started showing up, as much as the terrian looks so much more real, many of the new vehicles that I saw looked much more real, sharper, and of course updated.

I could go on (oh yea, I get to roll over in prone now lol)---

And sure, theres some things I didnt like, but what perfect game is there out there, and this ones free! The number of things I didnt like arent really worth mentioning, except maybe one, the only thing seemed odd was the exposions of vehicles look like giant almost perfectly round balls of fire that last a little to long and look unreal, as do the little sparks seem to linger rather than spray out, aside from that though, the other stuff was small, and alot just preferences.

My overall rating, uncomparable to ANYTHING I have ever seen in a mod, or ever heard about, and to me its not so much that you changed stuff, but that you guys took OFP and upgraded the game, in many aspects to where it truly feels and looks like a new game, more immersive, more detailed, more real, and in a big way, I think of the many pictures ive seen of units from VBS, man, these guys look awwwful similiar lol.

Congrats to you all for making this, a very good job, I cant even imagine the work that went into it, maybe you guys will get some attention from particular gaming companines, where someday you may get compensation in the form of valuable paper for efforts.

Gl to you all and thank you.

I feel touched and on the brink of tears, and I don't even have anything to do with FFUR inlove.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Hi, how to uninstall FFUR and Hi-res islands ? I have removed FFUR 2006 and load original islands but I still have different texturs that this oryginal.

The original islands can be copied manualy from the installation cd of OFP. You need to copy the Abel, Eden, Caine and intro wrp files to OFP\dta.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'll bring it to the table.

In the MP version of the FFUR config, the Kiowa's pilots are standing on top of the helicopter. They can't pilot and ultimately fall off and die. Wierdness. I'm not sure what's going on here, but it's also strange that the Kiowa's model is the newer replacement model, rather than the BIS model, in line with all the MP config settings?

Kiowa in default config works fine BTW. Just MP config that's a bit mussed up.

Otherwise. Yeah, I'm getting Joygasms from this mod. Thanks!!

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'll bring it to the table.

In the MP version of the FFUR config, the Kiowa's pilots are standing on top of the helicopter.  They can't pilot and ultimately fall off and die.  Wierdness.  I'm not sure what's going on here, but it's also strange that the Kiowa's model is the newer replacement model, rather than the BIS model, in line with all the MP config settings?

Kiowa in default config works fine BTW.  Just MP config that's a bit mussed up.

Otherwise.  Yeah, I'm getting Joygasms from this mod.  Thanks!!

Hmm this is happening only to you.

We have flown the FFUR Kiowa and the only bug it has is that the mast sight "V" shows a blank screen and this has already been reported as a bug to the FFUR team many times and they are about to fix it.

I can assure you this about the seating is not ahppening to other people, nor at least on our server.

I have read some post from Thunderbird on previous page about some troubles on the seating on different extra add on units and how to fix it, although I assume you are talking about the stock Kiowa that comes with FFUR pack and no any other addition.

the MM-1 Heavy Grenadier sights havint been replaced not sure about the Russian one though - Do you plan on replacing it, its not a big deal if you dont as it isnt used that much but thought it might be best to mention it.

oh yeah as remembering you said you got rid of the 3d clouds when flying high how about these Clouds it says they occur very little lag maybe try these instead of the previous clouds maybe this way you could keep the 3d clouds and have no lag

(Also if you do plan on using them or incorpirating new clouds then maybe also make them higher as in FFUR Euro they were too low i thought as i didnt think i was flying that high but did fly through the clouds)

Anyway just a thought hopefully you do incorpirate these ass it makes flying even better

If any clouds should be used, use the ones currently in the Mod. The PhilCommando ones look naff.

Hello

I have a question. Im not real knowledgable when it comes to using mods and whatnot, but after downloading FFUR and the enhanced island replacements I see that there is a bunch of other stuff you guys have too. The various extreme climate changes maps you offer, my question is would I have to again re-write over my existing new Nordic maps to use them? And also the European and Asian Crisis, these are actually seperate mods from FFUR, am I not correct, therefore none of the FFUR enhancements can be used during the playing of these other mods?

My last question, although I'll prolly figure this one out as I am looking at your site right now, but just to ask, are there any missions that come with any of the 'Crisis' mods? Not that it matters that much, just wondered.

Thanks in advance.

Asian Crisis and Euoropean crisis are both made by FFUR there just different mods made by the same people.

Not sure i get the question about the islands

There are no specific missions for the FFUR mods as they replace the BIS units so all missions have all the new soldiers and so on. So no need to create new missions

Thanks for the reply. My question simply is would the new weather schemes overwrite my maps again, like the Nordic island pack did, it looks like they dont from what I have read on the FFUR site.

Thanks again for the info.

Hey, can I ask one more question please.

I wasnt sure during the FFUR install if I could use both sky modifications or only one, so I only selected one to be safe. Can both be installed?

Well,is there anything I could do to apply bouncing on american and russian FFUR grenades on third party units?Should I write something in initline to get them working?

in the patch thunder' would it be possible to introduce a new song? (resident evil main theme).

huh.gif

In the MP version of the FFUR config, the Kiowa's pilots are standing on top of the helicopter.  They can't pilot and ultimately fall off and die.  Wierdness.  I'm not sure what's going on here, but it's also strange that the Kiowa's model is the newer replacement model, rather than the BIS model, in line with all the MP config settings?

Kiowa in default config works fine BTW.  Just MP config that's a bit mussed up.

Otherwise.  Yeah, I'm getting Joygasms from this mod.  Thanks!!

Hmm this is happening only to you.

We have flown the FFUR Kiowa and the only bug it has is that the mast sight "V" shows a blank screen and this has already been reported as a bug to the FFUR team many times and they are about to fix it.

I can assure you this about the seating is not ahppening to other people, nor at least on our server.

I have read some post from Thunderbird on previous page about some troubles on the seating on different extra add on units and how to fix it, although I assume you are talking about the stock Kiowa that comes with FFUR pack and no any other addition.

I'm actually talking about the alternate config that's included in the FFUR pack. It's the config.bin that comes in the MP folder (located in Yourflashpointfolder\FFUR\BIN\MP\wink_o.gif. (You drop it in BIN folder and it replaces most of the vehicle models back to their BIS equivalents so there's less lag on a server) However, you can play the default config in MP with replacement vehicle models and that's not a problem.

I'm talking about the config that is specifically for MP.

Does this make sense? Sorry - I may have explained things a little weirdly crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I wasnt sure during the FFUR install if I could use both sky modifications or only one, so I only selected one to be safe. Can both be installed?

Both can be installed but only one should be used at a time

I'm talking about the config that is specifically for MP.

As fas as I know this file makes that you can play MP on non FFUR servers and with non FFUR players.

Basically removes some of FFUR animations and effects plus some other stuff.

I do not think waht this has to do with the Kiowa.

I fail to see the use of the so called MP config, a name that leads to confusion because people tends to believe this is the config to play MP.

Of course it is if neither the other people or the server have FFUR but on dedicated servers with players with FFUr you get the full capabilities of the Mod, while the MP config file is kind of light (Diet) version of FFUR.

I still believe you have to read a post from Thnderbird about some vehicles drivers anomalous possitions that I pointed you to read on my previous post. smile_o.gif

Any Chance SWAF could host the FFUR2005 pack until the patch comes out for the 2006?

I would love to play with you guys the packs are absolutly fantastic, however everytime I join the server seems half the people crash before the game ends. Also would it be possible to add MFCTI1.16 to the addons and missions? I've tested it with all the mods and it works excellent, aside from the crash issues the 2006 mod is currently dealing with.

Hope you guys find the fix soon!