Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

<cough> Bolero <cough>  whistle.gif

Oh, and Thunderbird, as much as I thank you for using the correct model for the Woodland US Crew, I must also throw you an evil eye for not using it in the ACU Crew... they've still got that shitty PASGT/Alice gear on!

I've posted a pic of what they ought to look like on the 14th page of the Llauma head discussion topic (although I've also given them ACU OTVs and Llauma heads).

Quote[/b] ]Oh, and Thunderbird, as much as I thank you for using the correct model for the Woodland US Crew, I must also throw you an evil eye for not using it in the ACU Crew... they've still got that shitty PASGT/Alice gear on!

I think it would be more helpful to grab some pics of ACU crews, that will allow us to make'em the authentic possible.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Could also add a pbo with the music in plus the config.. then every1 is happy biggrin_o.gif

If you change too much AI reaction you will make the mod incompatible with existent OFP missions, because AI will not let the players going through like they should in vanilla OFP.

Per exemple if the mission maker put 1 AT for 2 tanks but in the mod the AT can only do 1 tank, then the mod will be incompatible with that mission, and so on.

Quote[/b] ]Quote

the over-accurate ai-fire is makes some missions unplayable - i.e. in missions with heli-insertion. i die many times beeing shot down in the transport helicopter and with me the half of the squad.

It's hard to enjoy everyone, but we would probably decrease the AI abilities.

Please do not decrease it too much. Now Coops are real challenges not shooting field day when a single Rambo killed 65 soldiers with his M-16 as was happening with the old AI on BIS.

As you said it is hard to make happy everybody. For those who like easy Ai they can always play BIS Resistance.

One of the most atractive things that FFUr offers now is a really chellenging AI. Challenging but not super, so if you playe carefully you can win missions, but you have to start showing respect to the AI.

I am sure if you make a poll most people will ask for keep the AI this way. I will welcome.gif

Other issue I have mentioned on past and I am not sure if this would be implemented on the patch is the tremendous differences btw the US Abrams and the T-80.

On a one Abrams platoon vs T80 Platoon the outcome is always the whole T-80 team killed in a matter of seconds.

Can you balance this a bit more?

Will the Kiowa mast sight be fixed on this next patch?

i noticed a great loss in FPS when many choppers (well, 2 or more) land at the same time...

for me it dropped from around 20 to around 2 fps.

then i noticed that all black ops have plain black uniforms.

why? shoudlnt atleast the "Black ops (day)" have woodland uniform?

oh, and the sound on the M136 is wrong... it does NOT sound like a rocket, it is only a loud BANG when shooting like can be seen/heard here

though it is a 1 shot only weapon i understand why you have let it be reloadable (not breaking BIS missions or other missions using the LAW)

oh, and please, remake/remove the "crouched run/walk" anim, it is ugly... UGLY i tell you... hurts my eyes every time...

other then thet this mod is still brilliant (though i tend to get CTD´s when i push the comp too hard instead of as on other mods just getting a FPS drop)

oh, and to make a even less performance hit, maybe you should remove the exaust/vapour trails from planes, i agree it looks good, but it is unnessesary and only slows down low end machines more then needed.

same goes with the chopper dust, but maybe not remove it, just limit the amount of dust.

small changes, but for the better (if you ask me)

and i hope that ppl will agree smile_o.gif

Well I am sorry but I disagree with the chopper and planes exhausts and effects.

Surely it is about the system used to run the game,howver wer have among us people with no high perfomance machines and they report no torubles with the FPS.

We have played on a missions with at least 3 helos and 2 planes and no noticiable FPS reduction even on MP.

I suggest people accomodate the game to their machines capabilities but considering that OFP is a 5 year old sim I am sure most of us have more than capable systems to run it even with max perfomance.

Make sure you have the latest video driver and make sure the game settings are set according to this.

I did a recent review of the settings and I have the game at almost MAX everything excetp ground quality that is on Normal and I suffer now FPS issues.

FFUR is an improvement on the Old BIS game, surely if a feature makes the game unplayable or crashes then it should be removed but other new improvements should be left.

If we start removing nice effects, animations and high quality add ons with high ressolution then it will not be FFUR.

Otherwise we already have BIS OFP and we would need no FFUR wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]oh, and to make a even less performance hit, maybe you should remove the exaust/vapour trails from planes, i agree it looks good, but it is unnessesary and only slows down low end machines more then needed.

same goes with the chopper dust, but maybe not remove it, just limit the amount of dust.

small changes, but for the better (if you ask me)

Dont agree at all.

Get a better machine or go play normal OFP. (if you ask me)

EDIT: post above beat me to it.

Maybe a stupid question -- but would it be possible to revert back to the original OFP UI without editing the mod's scripts and such -- perhaps by deleting a pbo??

Thunderbird, I played along with 5 others testing out your wonderful conversion and I wouldn't change the music or the accuracy of the AI. If your having problems inserting troops via helecopter than your just use to playing the game with those lame AI that everyone knows does stupid things like run past tanks they should be killing, or here's a good one, AI that will just look at you but not fire until you make the first move or fire. I think the accuracy of the weapons is a little more realistic in the WGL mod, for instance the PK that shoots like a laser of death lol, however I liked the weapons and the overall gameplay is fantastic. Can't wait to try out that patch and hopefully crash free!

Thunderbird, I played along with 5 others testing out your wonderful conversion and I wouldn't change the music or the accuracy of the AI. If your having problems inserting troops via helecopter than your just use to playing the game with those lame AI that everyone knows does stupid things like run past tanks they should be killing, or here's a good one, AI that will just look at you but not fire until you make the first move or fire. I think the accuracy of the weapons is a little more realistic in the WGL mod, for instance the PK that shoots like a laser of death lol, however I liked the weapons and the overall gameplay is fantastic. Can't wait to try out that patch and hopefully crash free!

Machine guns aren't designed to shoot like a laser, they have a spread pattern. They are used for suppressive fire, not sniping.

Just a few bugs I noticed while playing, the t80 or t72 (I forget which) the treadwheels have black rotating squares on them, I think the transparentcy got messed up or something. Anyone else notice this? Also, when you throw the grenades, they disapear after about 5 meters, I'm not sure why, but not really a big deal.

Its our T80s, somehow someone messed up the alpha channels of the wheels when putting them into FFUR.

Was mentioned before.

Quote[/b] ] the treadwheels have black rotating squares on them

I reported that during beta testing actually. I'm suprised it wasnt fixed up.

wow_o.gif

It isn't really due to the texture because we kept the use of RHS T-80 original textures, it's maybe something wrong with the fixed T-80...

Anyways, it will be updated as soon as the official RHS patch's released. :-)

Quote[/b] ]but would it be possible to revert back to the original OFP UI without editing the mod's scripts and such -- perhaps by deleting a pbo??

Negative, but as already mentioned, the black fadeout will be removed.

Thanks Shadow for the suggestions and the report of bugs, even if most of them have already been mentioned several times, the patch we're currently working on will hopefully fix all of them, though.

Btw, please before reporting a bug you noticed in game, keep in mind that several other people have certainly already done that before you, just get a look at the previous pages, it doesn't require so much of time and it avoids us getting confused.

smile_o.gif

Cheers.

Regards

Thunderbird84

I'm almost certain that this hasn't been reported. I reported this with the Euro pack.

The M4A1 SD sounds like a cannon to enemy AI, When I was playing the mission where you had to infiltrate the tank depot. I was crawling to a bush overlooking the watch tower and four sentries, one poor sentry with an RPG happens to cross my path and unfortunately for him he's out of the spotlight; I line up my scope and fire one round to the head, next thing I know the whole base is coming after me.

In another mission where you had to destroy the tanks and kill the RPG crew; I killed the RPG crew under me but the enemy AI from the next town could hear my shot, I look through my binoculars and sure enough a platoon of Armoured Vehicles, One UAZ loaded with Spetsnaz comes racing down the road trying to hunt me down.

Anyway you can fix this in the next release?

I'm almost certain that this hasn't been reported. I reported this with the Euro pack.

The M4A1 SD sounds like a cannon to enemy AI, When I was playing the mission where you had to infiltrate the tank depot. I was crawling to a bush overlooking the watch tower and four sentries, one poor sentry with an RPG happens to cross my path and unfortunately for him he's out of the spotlight; I line up my scope and fire one round to the head, next thing I know the whole base is coming after me.

In another mission where you had to destroy the tanks and kill the RPG crew; I killed the RPG crew under me but the enemy AI from the next town could hear my shot, I look through my binoculars and sure enough a platoon of Armoured Vehicles, One UAZ loaded with Spetsnaz comes racing down the road trying to hunt me down.

I am not sure about the distances you mean but on RL firing with such a weapon you can expect to be heard from at least 500 mts. Be aware that aslo many maps have alert triggers so as soon a sinlge AI detects you he informs the rest of the AI on the area.

If your weapon is silenced you can even be heard upt to 10 15 mts nicely.

Does not sound a bug to me.

Well, he did mention that it was with a silencer "M4A1 SD". So there seem to be a problem.

i think it would be very useful to open a thread only for FFUR bugs, maybe in the addons & mods discussion , or group all the bugs in the fist page of this thread, that way the bugs could be updated and grouped in the first page and people could take a glance at them before reporting , in this page all is mixed and it is not easy to navigate trough the pages smile_o.gif

Well, you can never truly silence a weapon such as an M4A1 like you can say an NP5, where you can fix an integral silencer, where by all you hear then is the slight gas emmissions, and the casing being ejected from the ejection port. The M4A1 doesn't have this feature, and as such you're forced to attach the suppressor, which, although effective at limiting the flash emmissions, only reduces the sound output by roughly 30db.

I am not sure about the distances you mean but on RL firing with such a weapon you can expect to be heard from at least 500 mts. Be aware that aslo many maps have alert triggers so as soon a sinlge AI detects you he informs the rest of the AI on the area.

If your weapon is silenced you can even be heard upt to 10 15 mts nicely.

Does not sound a bug to me.

The distances the first mission I was talking about the enemy that I killed was about 10m, the nearest enemy AI was about 50-100m. I fired one shot to the head

The second mission destroying the tanks, the distance of the enemy AI was about 150m, nearest enemy AI was oh atleast 600m in the next town. If tanks are able to hear the shots then I'd say they were about 200-300m below me. I fired 5 shots against 4 targets, I killed the last one with two rounds in the torso.

I wasn't aware of the triggers, but I replayed both missions using the 1985 and 05 packs with no problems at all (due to the MP5), I played it using FDF, Y2K3 mods with no problems, although the first mission there seems to be a bug assoicated with the map itself. (so that could be the problem)

I have seen that if the AI see how their mate is killed I mean if they realize he is under attack, they react.

try to play the mission and fire when the other Ai are not watching that one got killed and of course make it with a single shot on the head.

I have just done a test and it worked

i havent noticed this problem at all as of yet, all ive noticed is that in FFUR euro the sound of the m4a1 sounded lound but it only sounded loud to human players to AI it still classed as a silenced weapon. I think that the weapon is classified as silenced under the config doesnt matter what the actual sound played.

For example i could edit the BIS MP5 to play the sound of an M16 but AI will still not react to it cause its still classed as silenced under the config.bin

*wonders if anyone bothered to read what he typed in his last reply as it answered most of the issues posed*