Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Out of interest, have you ever considered doing a version based in the early cold war? (1950s-ish) It would be quite nice to see wink_o.gif

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]I'm sure this is asked and answered, but does the 2006 pack allow for the use of outside addons, like the Euro pack does?

The ability of using extra-addons with FFUR has been established with the incoming 'Modern Crisis Pack', exactly the same concept as with the FFUR Euro.

Quote[/b] ]I'm not too sure about this, but I'm fairly sure that if you have the same addon in a non-FFUR addon there will be conflicts.

This might happen but in a very small number of cases.

Quote[/b] ]Out of interest, have you ever considered doing a version based in the early cold war? (1950s-ish) It would be quite nice to see

Indeed, but during the remaining time I still have, only already released FFUR packs will be updated, moreover such a conversion would be hard to carry out because of a huge lack of '50 era addons and because 'fighting choppers' weren't that common as well, more or less the same problem as with a NAM conversion.

Quote[/b] ] I used to get "cannot load mission, missing addon: OW_crew" so I put the original OW_crew.pbo (8mb vs 2mb) instead of the FFUR one in the FFUR/Addons folder and that problem was solved. Then I started getting the same error message but regarding OW_MI8, like, even when I turn on the engine of the MI-26 for example, so I'm hoping the same solution will work, but I'm confused because FFUR 2005 doesn't even use the OW MI-8

This sounds obvious, as long as Ow_Mi-8 is used as 'full addon', it will keep requiring a 'full' ow_crew .pbo [config+all models] in order to work propely.

You won't experience such problems with the incoming FFUR 2006, and you won't have to implement OW_Mi17 because it has already been incorporated in anyway.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, hopefully several screenshots will be posted within a couple of hours.

wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Hi,
Quote[/b] ]I'm sure this is asked and answered, but does the 2006 pack allow for the use of outside addons, like the Euro pack does?

The ability of using extra-addons with FFUR has been established with the incoming 'Modern Crisis Pack', exactly the same concept as with the FFUR Euro.

Quote[/b] ]I'm not too sure about this, but I'm fairly sure that if you have the same addon in a non-FFUR addon there will be conflicts.

This might happen but in a very small number of cases.

Quote[/b] ]Out of interest, have you ever considered doing a version based in the early cold war? (1950s-ish) It would be quite nice to see

Indeed, but during the remaining time I still have, only already released FFUR packs will be updated, moreover such a conversion would be hard to carry out because of a huge lack of '50 era addons and because 'fighting choppers' weren't that common as well, more or less the same problem as with a NAM conversion.

Quote[/b] ] I used to get "cannot load mission, missing addon: OW_crew" so I put the original OW_crew.pbo (8mb vs 2mb) instead of the FFUR one in the FFUR/Addons folder and that problem was solved. Then I started getting the same error message but regarding OW_MI8, like, even when I turn on the engine of the MI-26 for example, so I'm hoping the same solution will work, but I'm confused because FFUR 2005 doesn't even use the OW MI-8

This sounds obvious, as long as Ow_Mi-8 is used as 'full addon', it will keep requiring a 'full' ow_crew .pbo [config+all models] in order to work propely.

You won't experience such problems with the incoming FFUR 2006, and you won't have to implement OW_Mi17 because it has already been incorporated in anyway.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone, hopefully several screenshots will be posted within a couple of hours.

wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

Well I will be using the 'full' version of OW_Mi8 because my squad will use it (we want all the variants and all the features)

You will just have to add it to your 'ffur2006\addons\' folder with (ow_crew) too, and everything will work as it should.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

this may take ffur euro away from the number one spot must be good from what i've seen

*stares and pc screen waiting for release*

errr question:

you said that you will be "updating" the other ones.

will the effect pack/sky-pack will be optinal to install because the effect pack gives me LAG and stuff.

WOW i cant wait yay.gif im sitting on the edge of my seat now just waiting for the download links wow_o.gif will be like a dream come true pistols.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

I can't wait for FFUR 2006, I made a fresh install of my OFP (my OFP was completely over-loaded with addons), waiting for this great mod.... biggrin_o.gif

As promised, here are a couple shots of the incoming FFUR 2006 pack:

ffur29rp.jpg

ffur35ki.jpg

ffur44ou.jpg

ffur53rn.jpg

ffur61qa.jpg

No worries, the boots have been updated since... ;-)

Thanks to Parvus and Ingram for these shots.

smile_o.gif

Stay tuned.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

looks very very damn good.

now, all that remains is when?

@ Thunderbird84

Do you know when you can release the mod?

If so, please post it.

Patience, children... smile_o.gif Seriously, go and replace some BIS heads with Llauma's - it's what I do to pass the time.

Before any ill-informed posts are put up complaining about the ACU black boots, know this:

Quote TB84 in Flashpoint Photography Comments Thread:

"They have been fixed."

Also, look below the ACU picture.

Expect desert boots, people - yeeeeha!

EDIT - Does anyone agree with me that the 1st ID patch is reading from right to left, though?

This tall grass we can see on this pics is part of any of the island or enviromental packages recomended for the mod or is something not included?

Looks rela nice welcome.gif

It's just a whole bunch of UWar (ThruYourSternum)'s grass. It's a combat photographer's best friend, but a mission maker's nightmare (in large amounts, of course, and not on my computer, hehehe!wink_o.gifwink_o.gif

Shashdiggity, OFPL Lechistan's grass is a retexture of a WWII pack's Erba grass addon to be a bit more high res. It's certainly my favourite for missions - it doesn't cause any lag.

Shashdiggity,Shashdog... wonder how many more you can come up with tounge2.gifyay.gif

Anyway yeah I also noticed that the 1ID badge is mirrored. Hope your BETA testers aren't getting too overworked to let something like that go unnoticed tounge2.gifwink_o.gif

Patience, children... smile_o.gif

Condescending comments may well be taken by many as flamebaiting, I'm sure that's not what you intend so just a cautionary note smile_o.gif

I'm almost done with the downloads!

crazy_o.gif

You mean you're downloading every single addon used in FFUR 2006? Nooooo they all come in a package! lol OMG poor you rofl.gif