Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Quote[/b] ]HHmm! lot's of new goodie's! Dohh,lot's of new lag!

Our top priority is ensuring that any script, effect or model that will be incorporated to FFUR would not cause lag issues and would not heavily decrease the framerate level.

Most of the time, scripts are behind the main problems that occur during missions, but since the last release, we make sure that everything would be working in a safe way every time that a new script is carried out and implemented.

And my 'low' comp is quite helpful for this purpose, so don't worry about that.

However in this case, Only the blood tex would be changed as ben pointed out.

wink_o.gif

Stay tuned in anyway.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Is this BloodSplash worthy to replace the old one  wink_o.gif  I think yes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/hansen/Blood.jpg

hm Ketchup ... need to eat something.

-

@action man

no more lag then before ... they just replace the old texture ... they look better but are 28kb smaller  wink_o.gif

Is that for when units are killed and replaces the blood-pool under their bodies? or is it part of some sort of "bleeding out" effect where that texture is dropped on the ground at random intervals?

If its the former, I say keep the original, as that particular texture wont fit very well, due to how the blood pools are formed - they start small and increase in size as if the unit lays there bleeding out. This particualr texture, with its general shape and with other smaller pools around it, will look weird in this effect.

Quote[/b] ]Is that for when units are killed and replaces the blood-pool under their bodies? or is it part of some sort of "bleeding out" effect where that texture is dropped on the ground at random intervals?

BIS Blood effect hasen't been replaced, the new one is additional, though, We're currently trying to make BIS blood effect less random, if we could accomplish that then it would avoid us the use of the 'additional' blood effect which's scripted.

;-)

Regards

Thunderbird84

What NVG texture are you using because if you have got the time you might want to use this one...

mskyf4.jpg

if you dont want to use them ok. but just saying these look to be the best on the market right now! wink_o.gif

(it comes from the latest modulsky pack)

This NVG view is basically unreal. Not even the actual generation of NVG have such a clear picture and contrast.

Surely makes things easier but this is not realistic and I would like the NVG be a more realistic.

My segustion about NVG ?

Use the NVG that has been used in FFUR 2005 ! they are

P-E-R-F-E-C-T ! ! !

they have a "grain" effect that makes em looks realistic as it should be ! yay.gif

thats your opinion which you are entitled to but i think even though they dont look as realistic as the real thing which would probably be an issue for ffur but they are a cracking addon!

besides if you've seen through pnvs21 4th gen they look much more clearer and less grainy than say pnvs 18 wink_o.gif

i dont like the nvg's from module sky, because you see in them like in daylight. but just in green . . icon_rolleyes.gif

I have one last music suggestion, Hard-fi-working for the weekend, it makes good battle music

the tracks from resident evil are better for battles hard fi should be in it to they are quite good

True that - time to put it to rest, and wait patiently, lads. Btw, if you don't like the NVGs, do some data and data3d editing (I advise you use ECP's 5 or so selections or the original FFUR ones).

would the ffur team considerit to the next version of Euro?

would the ffur team considerit to the next version of Euro? it is english music after all

I think the best nvg effects are from dxdll, but they don`t have to be implemented into FFUR to use them.

you need to speak to kenji mate he found something up with the t-80 smile_o.gif

I think the best nvg effects are from dxdll, but they don`t have to be implemented into FFUR to use them.

DXDLL dosent work for me, because i have G-Force MX400. huh.gif DXDLL dosn't support MX. if the NVG effect from dxdll will be implanted, will it work on my comp ? icon_rolleyes.gif (btw, i also havent seen the dxdll).

mskyf4.jpg

I think we will use the black outer part, because it fits to INQ's NVGs (BI-goggles)

but we won't use this clear view !!! It isn't realistic and DXDLL won't work with it.

but everyone can get this clear view... some sky packs have them implemented... 5 textures calles night_sum1-5 or something.

benus

I'm fairly sure that's all there is to be said about FFUR until it gets released. I wager they're fairly close, now.

Can't wait! smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]DXDLL dosent work for me, because i have G-Force MX400. DXDLL dosn't support MX. if the NVG effect from dxdll will be implanted, will it work on my comp ? (btw, i also havent seen the dxdll).

A tip its not that DXDLL doesnt work its spcific parts that dont work

Download and install it correctly then open the configurator and disable all the effects apart from the night vision effects then open up ofp

My last card (Geforce 2 ouch i know) didnt work but if i disabled i think it was postprocessing it would work but i would get white textures so disable water reflections aswell

Just keep trying different variations then you will get it to work

My view on the NVG's would be too make the bino version smaller and add more lines and stuff to it to make the picture less clear then it would look much better.

Our Squad SWAF have set up a dedicated server with FFUR 2005 and yes we know it is not considered MP Compatible yet, but works real fine most of the time.

We plan to have FFUR 2006 as our main Mod in our dedicated server so we are looking to it very eaguerly.

I would like to report here some isses we are observing on the MP use of FFUR 2005. Although you probably have noticed yet but since we are playing daily with it and that FFUR 2006 would be played extensively on MP I thought it was worth reporting them.

One issue is that when you fire to some human player if you fire fast some bullets on him, on the fraction of time he is dying the screen message reports this guy killed 2 or 3 times by the same guy.

We belive it has to do with the number of bullets the soldier receive "while is dying". If you just fire 1 bullet, it is just 1 killied message but if it is a burst or in automatic fire, the message can happen 2, 3 or even 4 times.

We have tested this with players averaging a ping between 20 and 100ms and our server is a capable T-2 one.

Another thing we have seen is that sometimes we  suffer some sound trouble that is that sudenly we get no sound  on the game. I do use a Sound Blaster 5.1. I believe I even crashed the computer full one time.

I also want to tell you we are also using on your MOD Add On folder some of the latest add on such the new MI-8 and Mi-26 and they work pretty good.

However I have had some troubles installing the new T-80 pack as well.

Want to thank you for your excellent MOD . We are looking forward for FFUR 2006. smile_o.gif

Our Squad SWAF have set up a dedicated server with FFUR 2005 and yes we know it is not considered MP Compatible yet, but works real fine most of the time.

We plan to have FFUR 2006 as our main Mod in our dedicated server so we are looking to it very eaguerly.

I would like to report here some isses we are observing on the MP use of FFUR 2005. Although you probably have noticed yet but since we are playing daily with it and that FFUR 2006 would be played extensively on MP I thought it was worth reporting them.

One issue is that when you fire to some human player if you fire fast some bullets on him, on the fraction of time he is dying the screen message reports this guy killed 2 or 3 times by the same guy.

We belive it has to do with the number of bullets the soldier receive "while is dying". If you just fire 1 bullet, it is just 1 killied message but if it is a burst or in automatic fire, the message can happen 2, 3 or even 4 times.

We have tested this with players averaging a ping between 20 and 100ms and our server is a capable T-2 one.

Another thing we have seen is that sometimes we suffer some sound trouble that is that sudenly we get no sound on the game. I do use a Sound Blaster 5.1. I believe I even crashed the computer full one time.

I also want to tell you we are also using on your MOD Add On folder some of the latest add on such the new MI-8 and Mi-26 and they work pretty good.

However I have had some troubles installing the new T-80 pack as well.

Want to thank you for your excellent MOD . We are looking forward for FFUR 2006. smile_o.gif

The SB Live! 5.1 issue I have lived with for a long time, and I have finally fixed it.

FFUR isn't a direct cause for this loss of sound and crashing you are experiencing, it is a compatibility issue between the game itself and the hardware.

SOLUTION HERE

wink_o.gif

[ig]http://ofp.gamepark.cz/news/pics3/mskyf4.jpg[/img]

I think we will use the black outer part, because it fits to INQ's NVGs (BI-goggles)

but we won't use this clear view !!! It isn't realistic and DXDLL won't work with it.

but everyone can get this clear view... some sky packs have them implemented... 5 textures calles night_sum1-5 or something.

benus

ever looked won a pair of binocs before? unless you have fairly wide eyes it looks like one circle, not two separate ones. I have never looked inside NVGs before, but I don't think it would look like that.