Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Might have already been raised, but one of the menu background cutscenes for Everon has the Japanese flag flying in it (the one set in the base on the north of the island - the one just south of the airfield). Might want to fix that for any future version wink_o.gif This is of course for the European Crisis Pack.

Indeed, seems that the asian pack left some of its traces, established the list of all things that have to be fixed within a few days.Thanks all for being involved in bugs hunting.

wink_o.gif

regards

TB84

Benus,

If the aimpoint aiming device you adjusted in the pic is the same device used in the mission "Steal the Car" then you have adjusted the same aiming system I brought up earlier.

It certainly looks like you've reduced the number and severity of the scratches, and I hope that it's now more reasonable to use in the game. Don't get me wrong, your work is consistently remarkable and always looks great. It was amazing to me how hard it was to see targets that were only 40 m. away, and in dim light conditions they were almost impossible to see.

Thank you for your revisions, and I look forward to downloading the patch that'll feature them.

Yours,

Kyle

Dec. 26, 2005

smile_o.gif

i found that problem whith the m4a1 too, aiming the horizont you see well and in desert zones too because of the high contrast , but if you aim down to the green ground at some distance or in poor light conditions it is almost imposible to see the target , ejem mission "interdiction" or "infantry" not only for the scratchs , for the light reflections simulations too . but i really apreciate too the great effort and enthusiasm put in the making of this lens notworthy.gif

I don't know if that been mentioned yet, but the model for Mi-17 is wrong. Helicopter carries two bombs, but the model shows 6 rocket pods.

William1,

I concur with your assessment of th M4A1's too-scratched up and shiny lens as well.

TB,

While I understand your desire to reduce lag as much as possible by factoring in the possibility of certain effects scripts "failing," I'm hoping that you'll eliminate the tendency for grenades to explode on impact. Even if the odds are set only to 10%, I have never heard of a grenade with a 3-4 second fuse ever immediately detonating on impact. Considering the fact that I've now killed myself twice trying to toss a grenade short at enemies around a corner, well, let's just say it's very very frustrating. tounge2.gif

In regards to making ammo adjustments to player/AI loadouts, am I interpreting your reply correctly when it states that you're only intending on doing this for the FFUR2005 version? I hope that I'm understanding this wrong, as I thoroughly love all of the FFUR packs, and it would be VERY nice to have believable loadouts available for all the packs.

By the way, I was just able to get FFURWinter to work, and I am completely AWESTRUCK by it! The new buildings and structures give the game a whole new feel. Playing "Steal the Car" and "Clean Sweep" is now infinately more challenging and rewarding. I don't know if the AI is better able to think through/traverse the land because of the new structures or not, but I do believe that they certainly are far more capable at kicking my butt now.

GREAT work and thanks!

Kyle

Dec. 27, 2005

smile_o.gif

how can i install wheres my rabits sky pack instead normally i would just move the folder into the ffur folder and install but in the laumax ones it looks like there are extra textures for the t55 ammo box's and i would also like them so whick files do i copy ? and which do i leave ?

edit - Oh and where will i find the class to define the crouch walk anim so i could switch it with the normal run anim if thats all right with you i just dont like it much

Hey there,

I've noticed another bug. I was playing the standard BIS mission where you have to destroy the convoy travelling in the north of Kolgujev using your Apache (or in this case, the Longbow). At one point, an Mi17 shows up. I blew it out of the sky, and it came crashing down right on top of the convoy (which was quite fun biggrin_o.gif ). It blew up into a number of little pieces, which then showed up on my radar as enemy vehicles! This made destorying the rest of the convoy extremely difficult... You can imagine my frustration: "TARGET Debris, 06". AARGH!

Regards,

X.

PS: It started snowing here... I think I'll install FFUR winter pack to get in the mood smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I don't know if that been mentioned yet, but the model for Mi-17 is wrong

It's a Mi-8MTV, except the engine, it's quite close to the Mi-17, the bombs would be removed, though.

Quote[/b] ]for grenades to explode on impact. Even if the odds are set only to 10%

If you check out a couple of previous pages, you might notice that I've mentioned that the "bouncing" script won't be applied to all grenades.

wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and it would be VERY nice to have believable loadouts available for all the packs

Indeed, this would be done for all packs, I simply forgot to do it for the german soldiers but it would be fixed in the next patch.

Quote[/b] ]GREAT work and thanks!

Thank you for your enthusiasm and nice comments.

Quote[/b] ] At one point, an Mi17 shows up. I blew it out of the sky, and it came crashing down right on top of the convoy

Why blowing it above your convoy..:-p

Quote[/b] ]TARGET Debris, 06". AARGH

In fact choppers debries aren't that innumerable, unlike jet fighter ones which exceed 30, though but will change their side to the civilian one in order to avoid locking'em.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

some more changes on IRONSIGHTS:

the M4 ACOG

changedACOG.jpg

some more changes on the G36 with aimpoint

changedG36aim.jpg

benus

Oh yea ...and don't forget ...sachel charges very loud tick tick tick! Do we really need this sound? U can hear it for miles away!  wink_o.gif

PS. Benus ...that looks much better! ...We can see our targets now!  biggrin_o.gif

The chosen countries in the pack have been voted in the team.

If you'd like a mod that would include france, spain, norwey or italy, then go ahead and make yours.

whistle.gif

Regardless the problems that happend a while ago with some french people and that I've even forgotten...

I'm pissed off by some unfounded comments coming especially from french people who're absolutely convinced that europe's only france and the only country being involved in european military missions is France.

As far as I know, the german and british armies are involved more or less directly in a lot of international peacekeeping missions and both of their military history are marked by many significant war-time events.

Plus this pack has been done especially in order to thank european people who supported the FFUR project and who kept it alive so far and this decision was voted in the team.

Why don't dutch, czech or polish don't complain as well?

and as said above, If you'd like a mod that would include france, spain, norwey or italy, then go ahead and make yours.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Hmmmmm, politically, European Union Defense Protocol (In the Final Act of E.U. Treaty) is called EOU : Occidental European Union

and gathers : Germany, Spain, France, Italia, Benelux, Portugal and UK.

Later came Danmark, Eire, Finland, Austria and Greece

Perhaps I'm wrong But Sweden don't take part in E.O.U.....

I will search on google and edit the post if I've made an error (or if a swedish citizen can confirm or not.....)

And if you're Talking about Eurocorps : The five members are Germany, France, Belgium, Spain and Netherlands (Nor Sweden or UK)

Just a political, Boring, and useless advice from an European Citizen......

Quote[/b] ]I'm pissed off by some unfounded comments coming especially from french people who're absolutely convinced that europe's only france and the only country being involved in european military missions is France.

As far as I know, the german and british armies are involved more or less directly in a lot of international peacekeeping missions and both of their military history are marked by many significant war-time events.

Maybe could you Type "Artemis operation" or "ISAF" or "KFOR" or "Minuk" or......... in google.

France, as Germany, as Benelux were the Five Founders of E.U.

Hmmmmm, politically, European Union Defense Protocol (In the Final Act of E.U. Treaty) is called EOU : Occidental European Union

Perhaps I'm wrong But Sweden don't take part in E.O.U.....

I will search on google and edit the post if I've made an error (or if a swedish citizen can confirm or not.....)

And if you're Talking about Eurocorps : The five members are  Germany, France, Belgium, Spain and Netherlands (Nor Sweden or UK)

Just a political, Boring, and useless advice from an European Citizen......

Quote[/b] ]I'm pissed off by some unfounded comments coming especially from french people who're absolutely convinced that europe's only france and the only country being involved in european military missions is France.

Maybe could you Type "Artemis operation" or "ISAF" or "KFOR" or "Minuk" or......... in google.

France, as Germany, as Benelux were the Five Founders of E.U.

I think your missing the point still!  whistle.gif  This is a mod for ofp not a politically correct re-enactment! - Hence my quote of TBs post --

"The chosen countries in the pack have been voted in the team.

If you'd like a mod that would include france, spain, norwey or italy, then go ahead and make yours."

This is a game folks!! biggrin_o.gif

good.

but this thread is for releases not politics.

he didn't include France and you can't change it. tounge2.gif

edit*

kite was first

Quote[/b] ]Hmmmmm, politically, European Union Defense Protocol (In the Final Act of E.U. Treaty) is called EOU : Occidental European Union

Who talked about any 'Occidental European Union'?

As reported more than once, this pack is entirely FICTIONNAL, it involves 3 countries of the european union which decided to strike some russian renegade forces in order to take'em out.

Is that so hard to understand? The theme of this conflict is fictionnal like the previous FFUR ones released 2 months ago, like BIS themes and like 90% of mods and missions being released until now, all of them are fictionnal, though.

Plus, It's impossible to involve all countries represented in OFP in order to replace BIS units, there was 1 occidental side, the US one and it was already very hard to implement 3 countries in order to replace US units by still keeping a sense of realism, because each chosen unit intended to replace BIS ones underwent much research at several levels (authenticity, compatibility to replace the previous units, the quality of the addon...etc).

So we concluded that Regular infantry troops would be represented by Germans, Special forces by British, Armored and APC units by British, Sam units by Germans, Choppers by both, jet fighters by both and naval units by Swedish.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]Regardless the problems that happend a while ago with some french people and that I've even forgotten...

Why are you talking about this? My question was only concerning your mod.

Quote[/b] ](...)who're absolutely convinced that europe's only france and the only country being involved in european military missions is France.(...)

I never saied that... I am talking about FRANCE, GERMANY, UK, BELGIUM, ... and most important countries in Europe.

Quote[/b] ]As far as I know, the german and british armies are involved more or less directly in a lot of international peacekeeping missions and both of their military history are marked by many significant war-time events.

Here is a list of actual french operations :

Name of operation -> Country

Althéa -> Bosnie

Amarante -> Méditerranée

Aramis -> Cameroun

Boali -> Centrafrique

Calao -> Cote d'ivoire

Corymbe -> Golfe de Guinée

Epervier -> Tchad

Epidote -> Afghanistan

EUMM -> Bosnie

FINUL -> Liban

FMO -> Egypte

Héracles -> Afghanistan

Licorne -> Cote d'ivoire

MINUEE -> Ethiopie

MINUK -> Kosovo

MINUL -> Liberia

MINURSO ->Mauritanie

MINUSTHA -> HaÄti

MONUC -> ZaÄre / RDC / Congo Kinshasa

MONUG -> Géorgie

MPUE -> Bosnie

ONUST -> Israël

Pamir -> Afghanistan

Proxima -> Arym

Renforts ZMOI -> Océan indien

Trident -> Kosovo

And more operations....

Quote[/b] ]Why don't dutch, czech or polish don't complain as well?

and as said above, If you'd like a mod that would include france, spain, norwey or italy, then go ahead and make yours.

I can't, you are better than me to create addons.

Regards,

SoldierIsNotHistory

Great job on the euro repplacement, I'm enjoying it alot. xmas_o.gif Don't worry about the nationalist critics too much, you can't possibly please everyone as you pointed out in your previous post.

Quote[/b] ]I never saied that... I am talking about FRANCE, GERMANY, UK, BELGIUM, ... and most important countries in Europe.

Quoting myself...seems better than repeating the same things hundred times.

->

Quote[/b] ]As reported more than once, this pack is entirely FICTIONNAL, it involves 3 countries of the european union which decided to strike some russian renegade forces in order to take'em out.

->

Quote[/b] ]Hm, the meaning of this sentence's that the concept of the serbian war has been inspired for this european pack, the concept of a coallition of several countries opposed to one nation, and as mentioned, countries being represented in this fictionnal conflict are totally fictionnal as well.

The same goes if I would have chosen both gulf war conflicts as example but the subtlety of the fact that "Serbia" was used as example rather than the "gulf war crisis" or another previous crisis... is due to the fact that this conflict happened in EUROPE involving several european countries, and the peacekeeping missions that followed later have mostly been and mainly conducted by european countries.

Not more, and Not less.

->

Quote[/b] ]ll FFUR Themes are so far fictionnal, like BIS ones, though.

->

Quote[/b] ]The conflict represented in the FFUR european crisis pack is entirely fictionnal, the involved countries as well, this european pack's inspired from the fact that several countries formed a coallion during the serbian crisis in order to take out the serbian forces, same conditions in this pack, though, except this time the enemies are renegade russian forces and the BLUEFOR's represented by 3 european countries.

It's like if you'd oppose "aveuni, vanua Levu and ovalau islands to Viti Levu"

or

"Toyota, matuku and maola islands to kadavu"

All of them exist, though but the mentioned conflicts are fictionnal.

Regards

Thunderbird84

Great job FFUR team! Having loads of fun with this release! My only gripe is a small one. And has already been mentioned before, the satchelcharges ticking is really getting to me tounge2.gif

Oh, and to everyone complaining about their country not being in the mod... Grow up.

Very nice refreshing change you made in ffur by using several countries equipment for one side.

And the performance is really good comparing the the previous release, that's another good point.

A suggestion from a mission maker point of view : a rework of the current colors and background you made for the mission editor would be welcomed.

The current choice you made is unfrotunately making the editor really hard to use.

"Medium grey" colored words on a "light grey" background mixed with pictures is not really helping my poor eyes to stop bleeding if you see what i mean.

I think a simpler usage of color, with really different ones (removing the pictures and making the medium grey words into blacker words) would be better for visibility on that light grey background for the mission editor.

It seems swimming is taken out this time on special forces for some reasons. Incoming FFUR 6.0 keeps this feature? or not?