Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Not to plug my pack, but you might as well use the M4A1s from my pack, seeing as how you already use some of the other weapons from it. Just my 2c anyway.

Thank you very much for your offer mate, I do appreciate a lot your weapons, so we'll use them, I'm sure all people would agree about that,though.

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

And when SJB releases his new pack, you (Thundies) can use the version with iron sights I heard he was going to make for everyone, as I don't think that laser sight/Taclight mounted on the barrel comes as standard.

I wish the US Army would keep the M16, though. The M4 is just... urgh. Not my fave.

The M4 isn't completly taking over a couple of months ago the US Army ordered a prity large batch of M16A4's 10000 rifles or so if my memmory is correct.

STGN

one thing, does anyone know if the US army uses the M16a4? I knew the usmc does but i always thought the us army retained its a2s in anticipation of the xm8/oicw

"one thing, does anyone know if the US army uses the M16a4? I knew the usmc does but i always thought the us army retained its a2s in anticipation of the xm8/oicw"

To this day there are still Units within the Army carrying the M16A4 (Some National Guard units and Non-Combat related positions), The M4A1 (configured with an AN/PEQ sight, fore grip (optional) and a M68 Aimpoint (DM would be issued a ACOG 4x) is now the standard issued weapon in the Army)

There were some units that are still using the M16A2 in the Army but have been replaced by either the A4 or 4A1

As seen in this photo:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/album19/ds1

M16A4 in use by the 4th ID:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/album19/ds3_4

Military Police(?) using A4:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/album19/abs

As for the XM8 and OICW, Those projects have been suspended.

As for the US soldiers, Just a suggestion maybe the FFUR team can use the US Army Ranger models from the BAS pack?

As for the US soldiers, Just a suggestion maybe the FFUR team can use the US Army Ranger models from the BAS pack?

first off, theres a big difference between the regulars, and the rangers, and arent BAS's troops looking a bit out of date [no offense to BAS, i love their work, but alot of its quite old now]

btw, that guy in the millitary police pic has an A2; theres no rails on the hand guard, nd the scope is mounted over the carry handle

I think the ffur packs are great, I reinstalled ofp and then the 5 packs....

I was looking for the exact names of units because of silola's request on his DAC util addon and I miss spelt soldier when searching config.cpp in editable config folder and think i might have found a error...

transportSolider=0;

don't know if it effects game play much but it's the only "solider" in the config in every pack.

Also whats the best way to find the exact names for the DAC project?

cheeers

first off, theres a big difference between the regulars, and the rangers, and arent BAS's troops looking a bit out of date [no offense to BAS, i love their work, but alot of its quite old now]

btw, that guy in the millitary police pic has an A2; theres no rails on the hand guard, nd the scope is mounted over the carry handle

"btw, that guy in the millitary police pic has an A2; theres no rails on the hand guard, nd the scope is mounted over the carry handle "

I know, I was using that picture as an example that some units were still using the A2.

As for the Rangers yes i also know there different from Regular static infantry units, as for out of date. I have to recheck it (I don't remember what they look like anymore)

Hell my uinit is still issued M16A2s and M60 machine guns and acouple of M249 SAWs. Not even gottedn the M240B yet. A lot of guys often buy the upgrades for their guns seeing they are assinged the actual weapon and personalize it for combat. Bunch of places out here that offer updates to weapons and have aproval to do so. Not really stop you from buing the upper reciver and barrel kit. I altered my M16A2 into a shorty long before M4 was considered an adition to the invintory and was known as XM-177E2 or CAR-15.. Some units have enough pull or good enough supply to have it but regualr units they are still using M4s, Hell see guys in Irac/Afganistan still using Alice style gear and PASGAT vests.

Funnier was the first gulfwar, "I still had a M16A1 that was fianlly replaced in 1995 with a well abused M16A2. Guys were still wearing the old canvas 20 round mag pouches and h-harness loadbearing suspenders. And Veitnam era OD green flack vests. "It takes years for new equipment to trickle down to most of the units. Will take easilly 5 years for the new ACUs to replace the old unitforms, Marines still havent completely updated to MARPET, and a much smaller force than the Army. "M4s Mitches mostly issued to highspeed units like 82nd, 101, 4th Id. The new cammo is still purchased on your own, and having major problems with counterfit unitforms getting into the system cause the demand is toll large for the normal military purchase to keep up with. Already warnings being issused that must be offcial uniforms this is still a problem with the MARPAT as compaines make knockoffs of the uniform.

Hi all,

Interesting debate, well we have to conclude that the US army's currently proceeding to update its weapons, but quite slowly.

I think we'll equip the US army personnel with both firearms (M4 & M16A4) in FFUR.

Soldier -> M16A4

Grenadier -> M16A4 M203

Engineer Soldier -> M4A1 (Acog or Aimpoint)

Officer -> M4A1 (Acog or Aimpoint)

Soldier M136 -> M4A1 (Acog or Aimpoint)

Soldier Javelin -> M4A1 (Acog or Aimpoint)

Thank you all for these precious informations.

EDIT : Interesting website about the current US army Gear.

Quote[/b] ]I was looking for the exact names of units because of silola's request on his DAC util addon and I miss spelt soldier when searching config.cpp in editable config folder and think i might have found a error...

transportSolider=0;

don't know if it effects game play much but it's the only "solider" in the config in every pack.

We haven't used Mapfact DAC, we expect to implement AI CQB scripts after full tests of framerate's performance & FFUR scripts compatibility.

Please wait for the FFUR 6.0 before making changes.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

hi.. does it exist some russian weapon with aimpoint, i think it would be good for the balace of both sides. or does it exists but russians dont use them?

yes i agree with you, it would effect te gameplay if you only add it to the usa and not the russian side eaven if it isn t total true, and the ironsites are so beautifuly done so i think you should leave the things as they are

No, Spetznatz units and russian regular forces don't have "aimpoint" riffles, they have their own scopes and we will make things as authentic as possible, in fact AI's accuracy will absolutely not change in game, with or without scopes.

Btw Aimpoint & Acog are mainly used by militaries in theaters of urban warfare, so they won't be that helpful to take out an enemy over 300 meters.

But we will incorporate them in order to make the used equipments as authentic as possible.

Regards

TB84

hi.. the us ironsites are also very beautiful. i like the russians weapons like they are, what i mean is, maybe it would be possible to add or replace just one, spetsnatz with silencer. And it would be very nice with some more units in the mission editor, not so they pop up in bis missions or campaing. but to use to make more missions and dont have to mix different addons, so u just need ffur to play. i supose it will be needed more RAM to this, maybe there is a way???,,,, Units like tunguska,RHS soon ready T-80UM1 smile_o.gif , and other GOOD modern units.2005..

We expect to make a lot of changes and enhancements within the incoming packs.

We're hardly working on'em and we envisage to publish a detailed list of enhancements very soon.

Regards

TB84

No, Spetznatz units and russian regular forces don't have "aimpoint" riffles, they have their own scopes and we will make things as authentic as possible, in fact AI's accuracy will absolutely not change in game, with or without scopes.

Btw Aimpoint & Acog are mainly used by militaries in theaters of urban warfare, so they won't be that helpful to take out an enemy over 300 meters.

But we will incorporate them in order to make the used equipments as authentic as possible.

Regards

TB84

only the elite spec ops of the russian army have the fancy optics on their guns afaik. btw, in the 05 pack you have the stechkin aps as the russian sidearm. this is mainly a police weapon, the army would mainly still have the makarov, and the spetsnaz would have the fancier guns like the gsh-18.

btw, are you replacing all the wip m4s with jackal's?

There's any GSH-18 to use as replacement for Spetznatz Units.

Btw, I still don't know if I will replace all wip weapons by SJB ones or not...

In fact both of them are very good, but with no offense towards wipman, I prefer SJB ones cuz they're a bit less shiny and I do like their 'transparent' scopes, they make 'em' more realistic.

Now it depends on you,

*waiting for your opinion about your favorite M4 pack*

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

There's any GSH-18 to use as replacement for Spetznatz Units.

there is, in OCRS weapons pack

i dont like the sound of changing the weapons to the M4 even if it is happening in real life i think stick to the M16

if people disagree thats fine is it possible to edit all the names so if you replace the addon with the one on FFUR curreently it will replace the weapons with the M16 without errors just a little thing i would prefer i suppose its no big deal if i have to put up with the M4

Well, Thunderbird could change all the M16 variants to M4A1 equivelants, and then if people don't like that, they can simply replace them with M16s via the add/remove weapons init commands for the missions they make. Simple as that.

for weapons with laser aiming midules could you put in a red reticule like in bas's m4s instead of the white cross crosshair?

I'd advise against that, what with it being a config replacement which would require modifying the base "M16" class (and others probably). As a result, all addons that inherit from the "M16" class, would also have the red-aiming dot reticle even if they do not feature a LAM.

Quote[/b] ]for weapons with laser aiming midules could you put in a red reticule like in bas's m4s instead of the white cross crosshair?

Yeah, why not.:)

Quote[/b] ]I'd advise against that, what with it being a config replacement which would require modifying the base "M16" class (and others probably). As a result, all addons that inherit from the "M16" class, would also have the red-aiming dot reticle even if they do not feature a LAM.

Yeah but this isn't a problem, I think I know how to take the laser beam out of the weapons which don't have it.

Regards

TB84

one thing, does anyone know if the US army uses the M16a4? I knew the usmc does but i always thought the us army retained its a2s in anticipation of the xm8/oicw

"one thing, does anyone know if the US army uses the M16a4? I knew the usmc does but i always thought the us army retained its a2s in anticipation of the xm8/oicw"

To this day there are still Units within the Army carrying the M16A4 (Some National Guard units and Non-Combat related positions), The M4A1 (configured with an AN/PEQ sight, fore grip (optional) and a M68 Aimpoint (DM would be issued a ACOG 4x) is now the standard issued weapon in the Army)

There were some units that are still using the M16A2 in the Army but have been replaced by either the A4 or 4A1

As seen in this photo:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/album19/ds1

M16A4 in use by the 4th ID:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/album19/ds3_4

Military Police(?) using A4:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/album19/abs

As for the XM8 and OICW, Those projects have been suspended.

I thought the Heavy Divisions in the Army were getting the 16A4 while the Light Divisions were getting the 4A1huh.gif At least that was the scuttlebutt I came across. Could be wrong of course since I am not army.