Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Looking good thunderbird84, but have you asked for permission from the ECP team?

idont think permission is needed cause they do tell you how to use ECP as a main "skeleton" for a mod so therefore is aggreeing for people to use there scripts in their mods but it may be different for FFUR cause theyre public not just for one person

Not needed, no, but common decency dictates that it would be only fair to ask..

I for one wont complain if the "burning bodies" script doesn't make it in......ever.  Im having a hard time understanding why anyone would want that.

Erm correct me if i am wrong,but this is is it not a game/sim about war! Why would you be having"a hard time understanding why anyone would want that" I hope it goes in and adds a bit more realism.I would suggest that if you find things like burning bodies scripts or blood ect not to play war games but instead play different games! EDIT= i replied to the post as soon as i read it now reading on further most other people are of the same opinion as me.

Quote[/b] ]Erm correct me if i am wrong,but this is is it not a game/sim about war! Why would you be having"a hard time understanding why anyone would want that" I hope it goes in and adds a bit more realism.I would suggest that if you find things like burning bodies scripts or blood ect not to play war games but instead play different games!

couldnt of put it better my self try reading my post about it above about 2 pages whilst you say it in 3 lines biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Erm correct me if i am wrong,but this is is it not a game/sim about war! Why would you be having"a hard time understanding why anyone would want that" I hope it goes in and adds a bit more realism.I would suggest that if you find things like burning bodies scripts or blood ect not to play war games but instead play different games!

couldnt of put it better my self try reading my post about it above about 2 pages whilst you say it in 3 lines biggrin_o.gif

I hope they make a "on fire" running / rolling / dying animation too, would disgust yet immerse us even more wink_o.gif .

hi. is it possible to take out the english voice, like FORWARD,HALT,REVERSE,RIGHT,LEFT. i think its others to. when u play as russian it strange, with those.

I've been playing with FFUR for some time now, and 5.0 looks great, but I just have a few minor cosmetic/gameplay critiques. First of all, I was wondering why the grenade vests were removed. OFP's loadouts are unrealistically small in the first place, but the vests seemed to be a pretty good step to counteract that. Another thing is the uniforms, particularly the American one (Woodland 85). They are incredibly bright and stick out like a sore thumb on all of the islands. I wouldn't imagine it'd be too hard to just darken them a tad, but then I'm not a modder, so I suppose I could be wrong. Also, and I know I'm nitpicking now, but I noticed that the AK-47s all have brown composite magazines...which is okay on a 74, but I've never even seen them made for the 47.

All in all though, great work. I have just one more question.. does anyone have a list of the classnames in the mod? I've driven myself crazy trying to figure out the name of the .45...

Quote[/b] ]Looking good thunderbird84, but have you asked for permission from the ECP team?

Oh! I thought that Komuna's permission was enough, I thought that adding you to the credits was quite enough too, I reported him a few weeks ago that I was expecting to use a part of your stuff (crater...etc), he just encouraged me, he even helped me to make an installer script and explained me a bit your scripts bases as well.

But if you wish that I don't us'em' then I won't do it.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]hi. is it possible to take out the english voice, like FORWARD,HALT,REVERSE,RIGHT,LEFT. i think its others to. when u play as russian it strange, with those.

If some russian people would accept to help us in order to record voices then we'll fix the missing ones.

Quote[/b] ]thunderbird i am wondering if you need more russian voices

Thanks mate. : ), I'll contact you ASAP.

Quote[/b] ] I was wondering why the grenade vests were removed

In order to make the gameplay harder and the simulation more realistic because carrying more than 24 propulsed grenades makes you rambo and even being alone you might be able to accomplish a mission without external help...That's totally unrealistic,though!

Quote[/b] ]but I've never even seen them made for the 47.

This isn't an AK47 but an AKM and there are a bunch of minor differences between both of them.

Quote[/b] ]does anyone have a list of the classnames in the mod? I've driven myself crazy trying to figure out the name of the .45...

Please wait for the patchs we'll publish because we'll modifie all of the class names and I'll publish the final list of class names too.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Quote[/b] ]

This isn't an AK47 but an AKM and there are a bunch of minor differences between both of them.

Point taken, but the magazines are still the same. Like I said though, minor nitpick.

Quote[/b] ]

Please wait for the patchs we'll publish because we'll modifie all of the class names and I'll publish the final list of class names too.

Fair enough, but for now could you please tell me how to put a .45 in my kit? I've been dying trying to figure out the name.. wink_o.gif

TB,

I've posted up a couple of threads, one for an idea and one on a question that I have that I feel might be warmly embraced by the community. If you wouldn't mind considering them, you can find them here:

Radial formation: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1;top

Do AI have peripheral vision?: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=49108

Yours,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Nov. 9, 2005

Quote[/b] ]Fair enough, but for now could you please tell me how to put a .45 in my kit? I've been dying trying to figure out the name..

current weapon's class :wip_m1911Base

current magazine's class :wip_m1911mag

Quote[/b] ]I've posted up a couple of threads for on an idea and on a question that I have that I feel might be warmly embraced by the community. If you wouldn't mind considering them, you can find them here:

Radial formation: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....1;top

Do AI have peripheral vision?: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=49108

Great ideas and nice suggestions but you have to know that due to the fact that ofp's engine's limited, Improving the AI via the cpp is very limited as well, it needs scripting and AI scripting usually means "Lag" unfortunately, especially when there are a lot of units closely regrouped in a small area, and as you know we do our best to avoid the use of scripts which might be sources of lag.

But the VME mod could be interested, their script maker is mainly focused on that,though.

wink_o.gif

Btw, we incorporated NIMOD clouds in FFUR, you can see them when you fly quite high (only if you're pilots), they really make OFP immersive.

clouds8jl.jpg

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

wow, the nim weather is wonderful, will you add the snow in the winter pack ? it would be totally inmersive xmas_o.gif and the forest leaves in woods ? inlove.gifinlove.gif

thank you for your Inexhaustible patience biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]will you add the snow in the winter pack ? it would be totally inmersive and the forest leaves in woods

Sure, we will test 'em' carefully with FFUR winter & woodland packs to make sure that everything will work as wanted.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Oh! I thought that Komuna's permission was enough, I thought that adding you to the credits was quite enough too, I reported him a few weeks ago that I was expecting to use a part of your stuff (crater...etc), he just encouraged me, he even helped me to make an installer script and explained me a bit your scripts bases as well.

But if you wish that I don't us'em' then I won't do it.

smile_o.gif

I'm not part of the ECP team, it has nothing to do with me, I just just curious smile_o.gif

T bird, a big plus for your mods is the fact that their is very little lag! So i hope in future updates very little is added so as not to start the game laging. However one little script such as "burning bodies" wouldn't do any harm would it wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] So i hope in future updates very little is added so as not to start the game laging. However one little script such as "burning bodies" wouldn't do any harm would it

Killing lag is our main objective and we will do our best to avoid increasing it when we'll implement new scripts, we'll make sure to maintain the current framerate's level, or maybe even decrease it.

(Because incorporating and regrouping all addons in a few folders does reduce the loading time).

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Afternoon,

When i heard about this mod i was estatic and literally jumped up and down with excitement, As i patiently and painfully downloaded each pack (took two-three days) i was more than excited.

When i installed it and ran it however i was crushed, First thing i got was an error:

error.jpg

I emailed one of you (don't remember the name) about the issue i don't think that it was sent properly.

Anyways i hope you an solve this issue as i am very anxious to start playing OFP again with the FFUR mods.

(hmm picture is too small)

Error message was

No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/All.irScanRange'

very strange maybe you got a corrupt installer by any chance

anyway TB great idea with those clouds looking fab

Hi,

Quote[/b] ](hmm picture is too small)

Error message was

No entry 'config.bin/CfgVehicles/All.irScanRange'

I answered you this morning. : )

->

Quote[/b] ]Make sure you have read all instructions included in the readme, make sure that both of your OFP addons folders are clean and do countain only BIS stuff (OperationFlashpoint\addons & Res\addons).

Make sure you haven't renamed, removed or changed anything.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Did you just include the clouds or NIMOD's whole pack?

Would be pleased to see dynamic weather in FFUR!

I will test it carefully in all conditions then I'll incorporate it if would work perfectly.

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

TB,

Thanks for your detailed reply to my post regarding the creation of a "radial formation." Hopefully it'll become a reality through some other means, as I feel that this formation would prove to be a popular and useful one. wink_o.gif

I'm excited by the changes that the FFUR patch will create, and look most eagerly to playing the revised FFUR Asia, and I'll be tickled pink to finally being able to play FFUR Desert and FFUR Winter.

I appreciate all the hard work you and your team are doing.

Yours,

Kyle

Nov. 9, 2005

smile_o.gif

Hmm, Did what the installation faqs told me to do and I still get errors.

I'm not that good with installing mods for OFP.

So I'm sorry about this, but bear with me for a bit.

Try#1

I downloaded the installer and extracted everything to my OFP folder it gives me a sub folder FFUR2005 (I'm guessing from the other mods i've downloaded, this is correct?) and I create the shortcut and install the Flag and sky mod that comes with it, and run it. (I get the same errors)

Try#2

I just extracted everything into my OFP folder which the installer places in the correct places and delete all the old BIS files

Try#3

I did everything like #2 execpt i did not delete any of the old BIS files.

I'm guessing one or all of these steps are incorrect? If so could you point me in the right direction?

Thanks For your time and patience.

You must keep your BIS "official" addons, don't delete them!

What's the target line of your shortcut?

Quote[/b] ]sub folder FFUR2005

It must be ffur2005 instead of FFUR2005.

Quote[/b] ]nd install the Flag and sky mod that comes with it, and run it. (I get the same errors)

Have you checked the System requirements to run FFUR & The sky pack?

Have you tried using the archive version? because perhaps your installer is corrupted!

If not then go to the first page.

Thanks for the kind words Kyle_K_ski.

smile_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84