Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--> At first you have the choice between 2 packs :

*RusFlag and BIS sky       :::::::::::::::::>>>>>> Intended to low graphic cards (>forth generation [Geforce4...etc]).

&

*RusFlag and Llauma sky    :::::::::::::::::>>>>>> Intended to high graphic cards (< fifth generation [Geforce5...etc]).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--> Now you must extract the files from one of these 2 packs to your "ffur2005"

--> Then launch "install.bat" , press a key and let it to do.

cool ok now by extract the files from one of these 2 packs to my ffur2005 folder, you mean open the rusflag and llauma sky folder and put the stuff thats in the folder in the ffur2005? When i do this it replace the bin folder, and then i run it and it says ok all don, and i go to play and nothing happen? plz help.

Quote[/b] ]and i go to play and nothing happen

Strange.

When it's installed it should work, it worked with all people comps so why doesn't it work with yours ?

Make sure you've done everything correctly, make sure you've a fifth generation graphic card as well and check everything once again.

Regards

TB84

I dunno if any1 else has found this, but on the Asian pack, the Japanese Pilot (sea) has no ammo for his Type89.

Quote[/b] ]the Japanese Pilot (sea)

Ups, totally forgotten cuz it's never used in any of BIS stuff "campaigns/missions".

Thx for reporting it,though.

will fix it.

Regards

TB84

yes iv done every thing right sad_o.gif I dont know why it wont work, iv got an 6800 ultra vid so its not that. i dont know why its not doing it. So if i dl the llumax sky pack fresh how would i install it? Iv read the readme file but cant get it to work, so plz help me step by step with that, it mite help or set up an stand alone like for me to dl, like an diffrent why that i can install this to the 2005 ffru. Plz.

Quote[/b] ]cool ok now by extract the files from one of these 2 packs to my ffur2005 folder, you mean open the rusflag and llauma sky folder and put the stuff thats in the folder in the ffur2005? When i do this it replace the bin folder, and then i run it and it says ok all done...

Dude... you've done everything correctly and it should work! I have no idea how can I make a "more" detailed explanation about the sky pack's installation.

It's really easy, open your "RusFlag and Llauma Sky" folder, move these following files "bin / newdata / install" to your "ffur2005" folder.

launch the install.bat, press any key and let it to do!

What else can I say?

Played BIS 'Ground assult' mission last night, normally a turkey shoot blowing up the convoy from the Cobra...

With FFUR 2005 the tanks machine started to fire back at me.... nice touch! yay.gif Still blew it up though but it did enhance the mission.

Great work TB and FFUR team, looking foward to the patchs its a GREAT mod!

i have recognized only 9 tracks-

(this is the dta/music.pbo contenent)

01=?

02=?

03=?

04=The General's Daughter -carmenii burana

05=pirates of the caribbean-main theme

06=?

07=?

08=?

09=?

10=spy game-explosion & aftermath

11=metal gear solid-End Title The Best Is Yet To Come

12=?

13=metal gear solid 3-main theme

14=russian himn

15=shrek

16=blak hawk down-gortoz a ran

frost=?

mixdown=?

motherland=lube-motherland

seventh_decide=?

seventh_iamgonnafly=?

seventh_lifeless=?

seventh_overdose=?

Quote[/b] ]cool ok now by extract the files from one of these 2 packs to my ffur2005 folder, you mean open the rusflag and llauma sky folder and put the stuff thats in the folder in the ffur2005? When i do this it replace the bin folder, and then i run it and it says ok all done...

Dude... you've done everything correctly and it should work! I have no idea how can I make a "more" detailed explanation about the sky pack's installation.

It's really easy, open your "RusFlag and Llauma Sky" folder, move these following files "bin / newdata  / install" to your "ffur2005" folder.

launch the install.bat, press any key and let it to do!

What else can I say?

ya i know its easy and all but its not working. Iv just dl rabbits sky and it works just fine huh.gif  When i try to use llumax skys it doesent work? So if i can get the rabbits skys to work then someting is up wink_o.gif What else can u say huh.gif

Not a big deal, but since your aiming for realism....I've heard several times from sources i don't remember that cars don't "explode" from being hit by bullets. Also on the TV show, Myth Busters, they shot at a car's gas tank directly with a variety of round sizes trying to get it to explode like in the movies. Neither will a fire in a car likely cause the car to explode, simply because liquid gasoline doesn't burn, vapor does.

tested with the second sports car in the list and MP5 of the Black op day.

One other thing I'm going to mention in the Next gen forums for BIS is that i hope realistic flight control characteristics are incorporated at some point. Battlefield-2 MC(despite its unrealism) has gone further than any other military shooter FPS in regards to the basic flight control responses. For example, in a fighter, your roll left 90 and pull up to make a hard left turn and in the heli's there in nothing saving you from rolling the helicopter too far and crashing(i did it many times). Its really fun actually to fly these as they respond in realistic ways and its challenging to get right....buy hey, its in BF2 so its not like its too difficult for OFP players, who i assume want realism.

Good work, hope you guys had fun making all this stuff.

i watched that show biggrin_o.gif they allways do something fun, i m wondering in the patch could you add a fighter plane to the usa and russa perhaps only in 2005 pack, just for fun and mission makers?

@xr125l

the seventh_etc songs are all by an Australian alternative band called Seventh, as far as i know theyre nothin big because i looked them up cuz i liked their stuff, there's not alot on the net about them, cept an article for a magazine or sumthin.

You can download a lot (all?) of the tracks by Seventh from HERE. As far as I know, David Lagettie (the guy who goes by the name Seventh), is a member of the group, and if I recall correct, is the guy with the baseball cap on backwards in the image on the left hand side of the website.

i know the seventh, but in the mod the tracks are overwrited, i really don't know the title of the new music. But i like it very much, and i can't find someone who knows the new title.

Played BIS 'Ground assult' mission last night, normally a turkey shoot blowing up the convoy from the Cobra...

With FFUR 2005 the tanks machine started to fire back at me.... nice touch!  yay.gif Still blew it up though but it did enhance the mission.

Great work TB and FFUR team, looking foward to the patchs its a GREAT mod!

The did the same to me in the AC pack. The odd thing was they were able to more or less snipe out of the cockpit. Suddenly I just lost control of my helo and it plummeted to the ground. And the armor meter hadnt even dropped below yellow, it was around 75-80% and yet still they were able to snipe me. A bit odd really.

And one weird thing with the ground assault 2 mission. The apache in the beginning acctually flew into a tree twice and blew himself up before the AA got a chace to kill him. >_> Could be the High Res island.

And is the AI supposed to Aim the Apache cannon a bit infront of the target even when its more or less still?

And the AIM-92 on the Apache seems a bit overkill. Managed to shoot down both the Hind and the plane on Ground Assault 2.

One other thing I'm going to mention in the Next gen forums for BIS is that i hope realistic flight control characteristics are incorporated at some point. Battlefield-2 MC(despite its unrealism) has gone further than any other military shooter FPS in regards to the basic flight control responses. For example, in a fighter, your roll left 90 and pull up to make a hard left turn and in the heli's there in nothing saving you from rolling the helicopter too far and crashing(i did it many times). Its really fun actually to fly these as they respond in realistic ways and its challenging to get right....buy hey, its in BF2 so its not like its too difficult for OFP players, who i assume want realism.

Have you tried to play using a joystick? The flight control characteristics are a lot more realistic and dogfights are a real pleasure. Very tricky to fly a chpper though.

Is it intantional that AI soldiers can spot vehicles from a kilometer away no matter the trees and hills, darkness and mist blocking the sight.

Have you tried to play using a joystick? The flight control characteristics are a lot more realistic and dogfights are a real pleasure. Very tricky to fly a chpper though.

Is it intantional that AI soldiers can spot vehicles from a kilometer away no matter the trees and hills, darkness and mist blocking the sight.

how do you play as a soldier on foot, with keyboard and a mouse, and when you are in a plane you change controls to joystick??? do you have more control over the plane that way?

What about the full pack...? I won't download until it's released smile_o.gif!

I'm currently compiling a 7z (7-zip) archive, which should be released in a few days. The installer will come after the first patch, and will include the changes made.

how do you play as a soldier on foot, with keyboard and a mouse, and when you are in a plane you change controls to joystick??? do you have more control over the plane that way?

All controls (mouse, keyboard, joystick) are active. You can fly the plane, drive a vehicle, run around as a soldier with any of them. The different contols won't conflict. When using a joystick with a plane, it flies like in flight simulators. You'll be alot better in dogfights and somewhat better at ground attack. Btw this conversation is kind of off topic.

All controls (mouse, keyboard, joystick) are active. You can fly the plane, drive a vehicle, run around as a soldier with any of them. The different contols won't conflict. When using a joystick with a plane, it flies like in flight simulators. Btw this conversation is kind of off topic.

cool didn t know that, now i need a joystick first thing after tomorrow, yeah i know i just had to ask, thanks

This might have been reported earlier (but I really don't feel like browsing through 26 pages).

If you click outside the options on the main menu you disable the menu-options (they are no longer clickable). The only option that still works is "Close the book".

I've only tried the winter-pack so far.

Other than that and a few different addons I would have used (personal preference) I think the pack is great.

Thanks for breathing fresh air into my all-time favourite campaigns (CWC and RES). smile_o.gif

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]Not a big deal, but since your aiming for realism....I've heard several times from sources i don't remember that cars don't "explode" from being hit by bullets. Also on the TV show, Myth Busters, they shot at a car's gas tank directly with a variety of round sizes trying to get it to explode like in the movies. Neither will a fire in a car likely cause the car to explode, simply because liquid gasoline doesn't burn, vapor does.

Well, following the fact that OFP's engine forces cars to be destroyed once hit, even if they're hit "only" by firearms bullets, we can't do anything to re-define this option, because if we'd increase the armor's value then the car will even resist to Sabot/Hit impacts.

Quote[/b] ]i watched that show biggrin_o.gif they allways do something fun, i m wondering in the patch could you add a fighter plane to the usa and russa perhaps only in 2005 pack, just for fun and mission makers?

We've already incorporated the F-16 (cas) instead of the A-10LGB, what kinda planes do you want to see there?

Quote[/b] ]If you click outside the options on the main menu you disable the menu-options (they are no longer clickable). The only option that still works is "Close the book".

Yeah, I know about it, this is due to the fact that selections titles are too close of each other, I'll change some values in the resource in the goal to fix this problem.

We've already started working on the patchs which hopefully should be finished within 2 weeks (more or less), in any way, thanks for the nice comments.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

f-16 is fine but it would be nice if east had something like that perhaps mig?