Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

I am currently enjoying the winter pack which gives a very nice and unusual look to OFP.

Unfortunately, i have a bug with US and Russian parachute whenever I or the AI want to eject from a plane/chopper. The parachute unit is invisible and i float in the sky like air.

OFP gives me the message : "error loading otw_haloru/ffur_halopara.p3d (magic)" for russian units or "error loading otw_halo/ffur_halopara.p3d (magic)" for american units.

What can i do to correct this error : redownload winter pack ? reinstall ? changing file ?

Thanks for any help.

ps: also with the 1985 woodland, for some reasons, the 3rd single mission doesn't work anymore : the convoy wich must be destroyed with satchel charges doesn't depart correctly from the town.

been playing the desert one now and iv got an bug on the mi-24 hind the gear wont raise no option for it so that i can raise them and when i shot the AT-2c swatter missile it has no sound on inpact. Just this iv been playing around with, Ill try to play it some more.

these packs are the best in the world of ofp biggrin_o.gif

good work

but how the fuck can i get rid of that crouching run thing i dont like it becuase im used to just stay in crouch throughtout the whole mission wen i run it goes into a run from crouch but now i have to stand up then start running then crouch and half the time i get shot forgetting to crouch

please can you explain how i could get rid of it

okay i found a few problems

1. the icons ive created dont have the new icons i give them the ones that are in the ffur folders

i click change icon find it click it and press apply but its still the old 85 woodland one ?

2. when i chose to install asain faces with BIS sky and llaumas one i get an error mission data.pbo whilst in the installers it says nothing about this ? same with installing the russian flag

God must hate me. Here's why:

Earlier this evening, I was downloading the Woodland pack. Everything was going great. It was downloading fine until the 60% mark, at which point our phone rang and my mom picked it up, disrupting the internet connection and the download, which I could not recover after she was done on the phone. Tough break, but not something that's wholly unexpected. I began it again, and left.

I returned a bit afterward to find that my download was almost done! I was really happy and ready to start OFP-ing it up with the new content. I was shaking in my chair with anticipation as it reached the 99% mark. Then the phone began to ring. Cursing under my breath, I yelled to my mom downstairs to not answer the phone. Unfortunately, it was not in time. My mom picked it up, again disrupting the connection and download, which had only .4 of a megabyte left to go. ARRRGGH!!!

And here's the kicker: It was the WRONG NUMBER!!!

I must have angered the OFP Gods somehow, so I will make an offering of lamb's blood and 5.56mm rounds on the next full moon.

Here's a screenshot of my defeat at the hands of Earthlink DSL:

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/7844/dammit5xk.png

why, oh why, can we the community never be bothered to release via torrent? Distribute the load across the 'root' servers, allow them to throttle traffic so they don't die, and prevent aggravating nightmares like this, and save servers from the load that killed BAS's site.

Also, if addon developers were standardized and disciplined about splitting models, textures, scripts, and configs into separate pbo's, it would make patching, and mod integration, reasonable and manageable, instead of the present atrocity.

Just finished trying out the desert 1985 pack. Its great! tounge2.gif

Had quite a bit of fun having a battle on the ground with fighters dog fighting above. My squad was just finishing the enemy, when a line of explosions cut across us killing me and just about everyone else. It turned out a Frogfoot had got bored of killing the Thunderbolts, and turned on us with its cannon. smile_o.gif

One thing I noticed however was that the BIS scud sticks out a bit in the desert landscape. Maybe Vit's scuds would look better. But then again, they have Iraqi flags on them...

download DAP that way you can recover broken downloads and you download files upto 300 times faster

I am currently enjoying the winter pack which gives a very nice and unusual look to OFP.

Unfortunately, i have a bug with US and Russian parachute whenever I or the AI want to eject from a plane/chopper. The parachute unit is invisible and i float in the sky like air.

OFP gives me the message : "error loading otw_haloru/ffur_halopara.p3d (magic)" for russian units or "error loading otw_halo/ffur_halopara.p3d (magic)" for american units.

What can i do to correct this error : redownload winter pack ? reinstall ? changing file ?

Thanks for any help.

ps: also with the 1985 woodland, for some reasons, the 3rd single mission doesn't work anymore : the convoy wich must be destroyed with satchel charges doesn't depart correctly from the town.

i have the same bug

script \raft\scripts\bailout.sqs not found

i think i foun another bug, in desert when you are in bmp2 as driver and you turn out, i cant see

explosion when you crash with the su-39 is just amaizing, but its only whit this plane or i am doing somethin wrong (ffur 2005)

great job biggrin_o.gif

Ok... I have all packs (+ High-Res-Islands)

And TunderBirt... ITS THE BEST (THE VERY BEST)

Mod (Total converstion tounge2.gif) for OFP...

It's amaizing and we hope you will make one for ArmA 2

Stay tuned and feel honored by all FFUR-Gamer

Great Job TB & Team ... GREAT JOB

another problem, when i tried desert ffur, the first mission is obsticle corse (?) but there is a bush (not george) in the way and i cant complet it (sorry because of my spelling)

Yesterday i had my FFUR 2005 download interrupted at 93%

banghead.gifbanghead.gifmad_o.gif

Today i redownload from ofp.info, hope this server's more reliable. wink_o.gif

(But it's a 3 hr download confused_o.gif)

Problem: The machinegunners suck confused_o.gif

I did a test in a sterile environment i.e. desert island - maschinegunner shooting at closing target. The only time he hit his target beyond 50 meters was with 0 skill. Otherwise he simply shot over the target.

I consider the machinegun to be my primary squad weapon but the fact that it's almost totally useless kind of messes up my strategy. The rifles and recoils and everything else is just great. Makes shooting more challenging.

Problem 2: Russian armor can be heard from more than 2km away.

Anyway, this mod is the best TC ever notworthy.gif

FFUR Team! Thank you very much.

I came home about 5 minutes ago, and with hope i opened my IE.

And what i saw ... "FFUR Total Conversion - Huge release"

I scrolled down, and all the packs were there! I'm downloading them right now!

Thank you very much.

*Bows*

- Viper

okay i got a weird problem which should of been relised earlier on

the chopper used as the blackhawk for the west units on the asain crisis

is it a Huey? anyway the fact that it only holds 9 men i think not 12 like the blackhawk making some missions unplayable where you have 12 men in a black hawk

is there a way to fix this ? ot have i just got the wrong end of the stick and it does hold 12 ? ill have another look

Hi,

Quote[/b] ]The javelin in the 2005 wont lock on targets. Im using it the same way I did with suchey's marines. going to zoom mode and hit tab but I wont bring the lock box up. Any ideas?

Definately, will fix it.

Quote[/b] ]"error loading otw_haloru/ffur_halopara.p3d (magic)" for russian units or "error loading otw_halo/ffur_halopara.p3d (magic)" for american units.

Thanks,will fix it as well.

Quote[/b] ]What can i do to correct this error : redownload winter pack ? reinstall ? changing file ?

Negative.

Quote[/b] ]ps: also with the 1985 woodland, for some reasons, the 3rd single mission doesn't work anymore : the convoy wich must be destroyed with satchel charges doesn't depart correctly from the town.

This is due to the High reso Islands packs, if you read its readme , you'd notice that the AI don't drive correctly in these islands.

Quote[/b] ] iv got an bug on the mi-24 hind the gear wont raise no option for it so that i can raise them and when i shot the AT-2c swatter missile it has no sound on inpact. Just this iv been playing around with

Right, will fix it too.

Quote[/b] ]ut how the fuck can i get rid of that crouching run thing i dont like it becuase im used to just stay in crouch throughtout the whole mission wen i run it goes into a run from crouch but now i have to stand up then start running then crouch and half the time i get shot forgetting to crouch

The extra config pack which we'll release at the same time than the patchs in a few weeks will bring a config especially done in this purpose, and the same goes for each pack.

Quote[/b] ]2. when i chose to install asain faces with BIS sky and llaumas one i get an error mission data.pbo whilst in the installers it says nothing about this ? same with installing the russian flag

If you've windows XP then read again "How to install Asian faces.txt".

Quote[/b] ]why, oh why, can we the community never be bothered to release via torrent?

We will do it once the patchs are released.

Quote[/b] ]The install for asian face work with 98 se? It doesn' t work in my comps

No, reasons :

Quote[/b] ]To play the FFUR Packs flawlessly, we recommend the following:

Windows XP

1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or Athlon XP

512Mb DDR RAM

400Mb Hard Disk Space (per pack)

For those wishing to use the Sky Pack and High Resolution Islands:

Fifth Generation Graphics Card (eg. GeForce 5 Series or Radeon 9 series)

Quote[/b] ]script \raft\scripts\bailout.sqs not found

will fix it too.

Quote[/b] ]i think i foun another bug, in desert when you are in bmp2 as driver and you turn out, i cant see

Definately, we'll fix it.

Quote[/b] ]Will you make an effect pack without remplacement unit?

Perhaps.

Quote[/b] ]can we hope see some movie from this release

ASAP.

Quote[/b] ]Russian armor can be heard from more than 2km away.

This is wanted for more realism.

Quote[/b] ]is it a Huey? anyway the fact that it only holds 9 men i think not 12 like the blackhawk making some missions unplayable where you have 12 men in a black hawk

It's a Huey, and the huey can carry only 8 soldiers, btw you have to know that there's any BIS missions which force 12 soldiers going up in a "blackhawk mg -> Huey" but we'll find a way to fix that.

Thanks for the reports of bugs, even if they're minor we will fix all of them in the goal to reach the "perfection" as FFUR is intended to be...

wink_o.gif

Thank you all for the nice comments, we're really glad and honored!

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

you may not of seen my problem in the thread just above yours tb cause you posted about a second after i posted

but

Quote[/b] ]If you've windows XP then read again "How to install Asian faces.txt".

nope i got 2000 plus i read the how to install and it doesnt say anything about the data.pbo

ill have another look just in case

Quote[/b] ]nope i got 2000 plus i read the how to install and it doesnt say anything about the data.pbo

The (faces/sky/flags) installers do work only with XP & 2000, not with the rest of windows (Me, 98..etc).

Regards

TB84