Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

I altered the Ural's animations to get those rucksacks back where they belong! (I don't think Spetznatz Mod would allow me to release it, though).

Just use OfpAnim to move the animations "forward" a tad, until they don't show up anymore! Simple!

Awesome! I really do hope this makes it into a new release, and maybe a new model of Guba - like I said, that's minor, but it does take away a bit from the immersion when he shows up smile_o.gif

thunderbird84 - any chance for timed grenades in the future?

And has anyone else experienced similar problems with convoys as I did with the Retaliation campaign?

Quote[/b] ]Don't FDF sort of not like people using their stuff in other releases than their own? I might be wrong, but you could have a hard time getting permission for the BRDM.

Honestly FDF guys have been nice towards us more than once, they just dislike the fact that people modifie their addons without any permission,logical,though.

Quote[/b] ]thunderbird84 - any chance for timed grenades in the future?

M61/M67 are timed like in real life, the F1 no cuz it does explode at the impact.

we would include the RGD grenade in the FFUR 2005, this grenade's timed,though.

Quote[/b] ]I altered the Ural's animations to get those rucksacks back where they belong! (I don't think Spetznatz Mod would allow me to release it, though).

Just use OfpAnim to move the animations "forward" a tad, until they don't show up anymore! Simple

well following the fact that there's any talented anim maker in our team, I requested cameron's help.

Quote[/b] ]and maybe a new model of Guba

If someone would do it then why not, if not I can give it a try.

Best Regards

TB84

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that. I didn't know what their actual stance was on the use of their addons.

I hope to download FFUR tomorrow. yay.gifyay.gif

M61/M67 are timed like in real life, the F1 no cuz it does explode at the impact.

...I could have sworn that when I tested it in "Steal The Car" the grenade exploded instantly when I threw it at my feet. Maybe it's me.

Quote[/b] ]I could have sworn that when I tested it in "Steal The Car" the grenade exploded instantly when I threw it at my feet. Maybe it's me.

The US grenades (m61/m67) do bounce once launched, try'em using the mission editor.

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

Quote[/b] ]I could have sworn that when I tested it in "Steal The Car" the grenade exploded instantly when I threw it at my feet. Maybe it's me.

The US grenades (m61/m67) do bounce once launched, try'em using the mission editor.

wink_o.gif

I know what I did now! I changed the loadout from M-16 to the XM, this also cleared out the grenades, and I filled up with "Hand Grenade" instead of "US Grenade" guess those were the F1's. You were right, it works perfectly smile_o.gif.

P.S. the 2005 pack doesn't cause the same problem with the Retaliation campaign...strange, the Woodland 1985 pack repeatedly does, haven't tried the Winter or Desert huh.gif...but hey I can at least still play it.

Also, kudos on your choice of music - the Red Army Choir for the 1985 campaign, and Lube for the 2005 pack - I hadn't heard that song before, but the lyrics are very fitting! biggrin_o.gif

Also, is that a health bar you added or a stamina bar or something else? I noticed it does not go down all the way when killed.

Anyways, thanks a lot for this, I get better framerates than with Y2K, and the effects are great. Keep it up!

I just finished downloading all the packs... *puff* *pant*

It was worth it though. Really worth it, seriously if you're just browsing this forum I suggest you download one of these packs! NOW! DON'T STOP TO EAT!!

(Sorry for being behind everyone else, you can blame it on lightning whistle.gif )

Quote[/b] ]Also, is that a health bar you added or a stamina bar or something else?

Yup, added since a while, even before the release of the FFUR 4.5, it's a health bar based on 5 levels (1->5), it has as objective to inform you about your current health statut, so when you're seriously wounded, it decreases from the right to the left.

Quote[/b] ]Can some one send me the bin file i need fixed for my desert version?!

If you mean that you're one of the unluckies 1% of people who've to add the "@" to their winter/desert folders's names, here are the few changes you've to carry out :

-At first open the editable config, look for "class Eden:DefaultWorld"

-Once found, you'll see below the following line :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\ffur1985d\Worlds\eden.wrp";

just add the "@" in front of ...ffur1985d

then you'd may have something like this :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\@ffur1985d\Worlds\eden.wrp";

then do the same for the rest of islands classes :

"Abel"/"cain"/"intro"

and finally convert the cpp to config.bin then overwrite the old config in your \@ffur1985d\bin

Make sure you renamed your ffur1985d folder to @ffur1985d, don't forget to do the same in your desert shortcut's properties.

Simple!

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Just want to congratulate you lads/ladies (?) on excellent retextured US Soldiers! Maybe I should stop pestering Laser to make new ones now!

I borrowed the textures as soon as I could find them! Wooooot!

Quote[/b] ]now its giving me a, No Entry '@ffur1985d\bin\config.bin.Cfgworlds'.

hm, have you renamed your "ffur1985d" folder to "@ffur1985d" ?

have you changed all these lines ? :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\ffur1985d\Worlds\eden.wrp";

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\@ffur1985d\Worlds\eden.wrp";

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\ffur1985d\Worlds\abel.wrp";

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\@ffur1985d\Worlds\abel.wrp";

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\ffur1985d\Worlds\cain.wrp";

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\@ffur1985d\Worlds\cain.wrp";

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\ffur1985d\Worlds\intro.wrp";

to

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\@ffur1985d\Worlds\intro.wrp";

have you changed the ffur1985d shortcut's properties by adding the "@" ? :

Quote[/b] ] -nosplash -nomap -mod=<span style='color:red'>@</span>ffur1985d

Btw - sorry, I've totally forgotten to say you about replacing nogova's path :

well, unpbo "noe.pbo" from your @ffur1985d\addons and open its cpp.

Look for

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\ffur1985d\Worlds\noe.wrp";

then change it to... :

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> worldName="\@ffur1985d\Worlds\noe.wrp";

convert the folder "noe" to .pbo and put it into your @ffur1985d\addons\ folder, if you'd follow carefully these instructions then everything will run perfectly

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Love the changes made to the sniper rifles. Smaller field of view and very shaky unless prone. Very challenging, love it! biggrin_o.gif Also, the AI seems more interesting. My tactic of breezing through Resistance by loading up my squad with sniper rifles and machine guns may need some rethinking. It still works fairly well, but it's no longer like ordering your squad to shoot fish in a barrel. The machine guns in particular seem toned down.

Just played through "Occupation" in the Resistance campaign and had some very hairy firefights - lost about half my squad when before I was loosing one or two. The MG's and snipers also seemed to go through their ammo like crazy. After the first firefight I had to order 2 MG's and a sniper to go grab ammo.

one heart-stopping moment:

"OH NO! 3.....IS DOWN"

*turns left to look since I knew 3 was right there beside me*

*Russian crouching over 3's body starts swinging his AK towards me*

"Shit!"

pistols.gif *pump half an SVD mag into the Russian at close range , shooting from the hip* (crosshairs turned off)

Whoooooooooooooooo! yay.gifnotworthy.gif

Allright, you're forgiven for putting a health bar in my Flashpoint wink_o.gif. Hope to see more from you.

Quote[/b] ]...Hope to see more from you.

Medic bags which appear when you're wounded allowing you to load again to 100% your health bar like in some arcade games? (won't mention their titles)

: D

Quote[/b] ]Just want to congratulate you lads/ladies (?) on excellent retextured US Soldiers! Maybe I should stop pestering Laser to make new ones now!

Ladies? unfortunately not yet... :P

j/k.

In any way, have fun all and thanks for the kind comments.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Hey Thund-master 5000? Is there anywhere I can grab Bibmi's Spec Ops as a standalone? Can't seem to find 'em...

Cheers!

PS. Pity about the ladies issue.

errr still not working!!!!! AHHH!! sad_o.gif

Dude, I gonna make a config especially for you, if it won't work in your comp then withdraw the desert&winter packs, we were expecting such cases with 1% of people who don't have working islands paths on their comps. (sorry there's nothing we can do for you, we've worked like crazy in the goal to understand the source of that weird problem but even with talentend people like Sanctuary we unfortunately haven't been able to resolve it,

why the hell do winter and desert packs work on more than 99% of comps but not on all of them?...),

but try this config before withdrawing the desert pack ->Download

If it still won't work then enjoy the rest of packs which doesn't need any islands to mak'em runing (FFUR 1985 woodland/ FFUR 2005/ FFUR Asian Crisis),though.

smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there anywhere I can grab Bibmi's Spec Ops as a standalone? Can't seem to find 'em...

Download

Don't use 'em' with FFUR packs to avoid having duplicated addons.

Regards

TB84

i downloaded the asian pack and i've tried it a little , very very good ! it feels a little strange because i have to get used to the addons , specilally the spec,ops with that huge Rucksack tounge2.gif . i really like the sounds and the breathing , really cool , and the music too . really nice work , thak you very much !! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Haha! No problem (I already get that problem with other addons, but it doesn't cause a CTD or anything, just cause I'm too stubborn to move my addon folder whenever I play - it's 2GB).

Cheers, you're a lifesaver. notworthy.gif

i think i found ure problem tb,  the editable config is 925 KB.... the config u sent me is 447 KB.... think thats it?!

Edit/ Oh and it works now!! Thanks!! And the FFUR 2005 Pack is aswome... good job, gonna go play FFURDesert 1985 now... thank you!! Good job guys!!

i think i found ure problem tb, the editable config is 925 KB.... the config u sent me is 447 KB.... think thats it?!

nah, the cpp's 925 kb; the bin version's 447 kb.

you've to put the config.bin inside your \@ffur1985d\bin , NOT the cpp.

make sure you don't have the cpp over there cuz this may cause some troubles.

Edit :

Quote[/b] ]Edit/ Oh and it works now!! Thanks!! And the FFUR 2005 Pack is aswome... good job, gonna go play FFURDesert 1985 now... thank you!! Good job guys!!

*phew*... glad to hear it .

smile_o.gif

Regards

TB84

well...

first i noticed the realy good russian music! that's very welcome especialy hearing the song combat, i dont' know if pack has Spetsnaz song...

second...

i tryed to continue red hamer campaing, but got errorer ang game crashed biggrin_o.gif

i think it's because of save from original ofp... smile_o.gif

sometimes it happens...

i'll try more... hope it's not a pack bug...

oh besides, i used 2005 pack smile_o.gif

God must hate me. Here's why:

Earlier this evening, I was downloading the Woodland pack. Everything was going great. It was downloading fine until the 60% mark, at which point our phone rang and my mom picked it up, disrupting the internet connection and the download, which I could not recover after she was done on the phone. Tough break, but not something that's wholly unexpected. I began it again, and left.

I returned a bit afterward to find that my download was almost done! I was really happy and ready to start OFP-ing it up with the new content. I was shaking in my chair with anticipation as it reached the 99% mark. Then the phone began to ring. Cursing under my breath, I yelled to my mom downstairs to not answer the phone. Unfortunately, it was not in time. My mom picked it up, again disrupting the connection and download, which had only .4 of a megabyte left to go. ARRRGGH!!!

And here's the kicker: It was the WRONG NUMBER!!!

I must have angered the OFP Gods somehow, so I will make an offering of lamb's blood and 5.56mm rounds on the next full moon.

Here's a screenshot of my defeat at the hands of Earthlink DSL:

http://img487.imageshack.us/img487/7844/dammit5xk.png

The javelin in the 2005 wont lock on targets. Im using it the same way I did with suchey's marines. going to zoom mode and hit tab but I wont bring the lock box up. Any ideas?