Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Hi guys!, just got home from work and checking out the forums here, and to my disliking I read about two children bickering over who's maturer, then of all things the person you want talk with TB comes on, and these two dickfors still are going at it even after TB finishs.

Talk about total disrespect!, I hate to carry this stupid thing on thats why we got guys like Placebo. I personally think that these two kids aught to post an apology.

The guys busting his hump making a great mod because he loves this game, and for free! I think the man deserves your patience and respect, I think that goes for all of us.

I was playing ffur the other night and of course I get a ctd but I rebooted the game, and in the back of my mind I was thinking, if this mod is this good now,  just wait til the patch comes! Whew!!!

TB I'm glad you came to OFP! Keep up the good work!

Personally I love ffur 2006!, I play wgl also but ffur is funner!

Sorry to tie this up for you guys, but all this talking about ffur time to go play!

Offtopic: Wow, I hadn't laughed this hard from reading forum threads then I did reading these past two pages. Those two arguing...TV...Heads popping out of vehicles...ahhh...

Good to see you drop by TB and let us in on a unkown 'secret'. Can't wait to see it and the final patch. Any chance you can let us know how big it might be if the release it a little ways from now? Size of patches doesn't matter to me like it does a lot of people. The bigger the patch, the more goodies...

jajaj, i guess the surprise may be a new mod for OFP : France against Italy in case France doesn't win the world cup rofl.gif

Or Maybe TB will chose one of the many new things in the FFUR 2006 Patchto showcase whistle.gif

Sounds great TB,cant wait for the "surprise"! yay.gif

i hope some extra editor extras are included smile_o.gif just like editor update from general barron smile_o.gif

might make mission editing more fun without having to dl all other addons

all I can say right now is that the release's close and it would hopefully include a little present...

wink_o.gif

wow_o.gif Ooh A Surprise

Wow a surprise. Can't wait to see what it is. I hope it's something like additional troops or weapons

FFUR is a master piece. It kept the OFP community alive long enough to wait for ArmA yay.gif

Hey TB

why don't you give th BIS team working on the ArmA project some pointers because they could learn from you and the FFUR team because your mods are outstanding.

patch ready yet.. gah what am i asking.. it weould of been all over the place if it was lol biggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gifthumbs-up.gif

Just one question...

Is there a .rar-Pack for FFUR2006 and later for the Patch

or only a .exe selfinstaller... ?

Would be cool if there is somewhere a link for FFUR2006.rar

thx blacky

FFUR 2005 had a .rar pack.AFAIK,06 only has the installer.

Hey TB

why don't you give th BIS team working on the ArmA project some pointers because they could learn from you and the FFUR team because your mods are outstanding.

Absolutely TRUE

Cant wait for this update on the way.. going to kick some booty

holy crap i should start posting on here.. lol biggrin_o.gif

Have you actually even checked the last few pages of this topic? You know, the topic here has been about the patch for about 20-30 pages....

It's coming soon.

Ok guys lat's not turn this into a "let's bash the forum newbie that dosn't read back pages" icon_rolleyes.gif

TB, I asked this before but I didn't got any answer,

Is the "Light config" going to replace only the models or also the recoils etc and leaving the defualt BIs explosions etc. ?

What the Hell is the point in having the BIS Effects this is FFUR. Its built to replace those terrible Effects. No Dis-Respect Man.

The Light Config Would Probaly replace some Models and reduce some of the scripts and effects in the game. I don't really now about it but the light config for the first FFUR 5.0 was lower effects settings.

No you see wha'ts really making it lag in my Pc {it's a low-spec PC} is the effects. dn't worry, I know the BIS effetc sux ! just It would be a good thing to see just FFUR replacing everything but not the effects icon_rolleyes.gif

So... just watched the whole promo from ofp2.info, is there a DSAI system implemented? If so, COOL! but the used samples in the video did not feel right, a bit out of place.

For the rest, everything looked nice! Love the effects and the troops, nice colour of green used on the west soldiers.

Never noticed this before, but I saw the shadow of the chopperblades move, but that's probably standaard OFP. :P Still looked cool

Love to try this one out, music sounded much beter than previous used tracks in 2006 pack.

I have a low end PC and I tune my graphics card to handle the effects so that it doesn't lag so much. I think I've played this mod with every mission that I can think of lol. I just wish there was a patch that fixed it for Multiplayer. Somtimes I end up playing FFUR more than I play on the dedicated servers. It would be nice to actually play a real game of FFUR in multiplayer.

Isn't it possible to put out a patch just to fix the damn thing and then update it later?

If that's a DSAI system, it's been implemented mighty fast. My vote is no, seeing as I'm one of the guys beta testing the patch.

I would really love to see DSAI being implemented in FFUR.

Anyway I would like to see almost everything in ECP being implemented in FFUR. That would be the holy grail of OFP modding!

It would be very cool to have a DSAI in FFUR. It would be great to have a AI system like ECP. Soldiers Talking and all the other Stuff