Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR - Huge Release !!

Guest RKSL-Rock
: ....if config is copyrighted, damn, ALL addonmakers are the biggest thieves..including me

This is probably best suited to the Addon Ownership thread but as it being discussed here by both ‘sides’:

Well  if you follow that take the moment you create something in O2 you are in breach of copyright.  But the reality is different, BIS grants you the rights to use the software to create new content.  Relinquishing its rights over your content, but at the same time reserves the right to say how it can be used.  The config is the same, its part of the Work you create using BIS’ toolset.

While the inherited classes etc are BIS’ property, the stuff you create and the scripts that you use are all the property of the addon maker as they are part of his creation.  All this is covered by BIS’ statement about addon ownership.

Which coes back to the point about seeking permission to use addons… I wont continue this into the logical conclusion, you can do that yourselves by reading back a few pages.

I think Placebo said something like...

Quote[/b] ]Any further attempts to discuss/argue about addon ownsership (from either side) will be met with a post restriction.

whistle.gif

Let it go boys.

Yeah let it go. I didn't come on the fourms to whine and debate, thats for another thread. This ones based on a modification of a game and nothing but that. Take your personal matters out in P.M and leave us to drool over those screenshots that TB posted...

Keep up the great work guys! I couldn't devote that much time if I tried....

Looking forward to this on Christmas Day!

Soldier

P.S And thanks for helping all the addons get into one big Community Christmas Present! xmas_o.gif

yeah let it go if you want to talk about it talk using PM or start another thread somewhere else leave ths thread about FFUR

cant wait for release but we wont mind if its not on christmas day since one of the last things well be doing is sitting on the comp waiting for the release we will be downstairs having our Roast turkey with our family xmas_o.gif

Good morning to all...

Whats the situation?

Is the releas near?

Are you uploading?

Is the releas really this day?

Ok, enough of this questions...

(we are merry as a lark) :P

Stay tuned...

Best regards

BlackBurn

Quote[/b] ]Is the releas really this day?

HUH release is Cristmas its X-Mas eve today oh.. unless your not from Britain

Is it me or could this ownership issue be sorted out very easily?

Ask permission first! simple. I very much doubt that klink or FLK1982 would refuse the use of the lynx. It's just common courtsey never mind the legalities.

Is it me or could this ownership issue be sorted out very easily?

Ask permission first! simple. I very much doubt that klink or FLK1982 would refuse the use of the lynx. It's just common courtsey never mind the legalities.

Incase U haven't noticed there has been about 5 pages of this debate -read it if U will!  icon_rolleyes.gif

Meanwhile we would like to move on and enjoy these expected new releases!  tounge2.gif

Merry Christmas to EVERYONE here and especially Tbird for all his hard work!  xmas_o.gif

Merry Christmas mate, merry merry christmas all, and thank you for your support and kindness.

You built FFUR and you kept it alive, I would have been glad to continue modding for OFP but I'm forced to withdraw my favorite passion because of some real life duties...

Btw, because of some reasons that have delayed the FFUR european project we haven't been able to carry out a quite decent "Multiplayer" config but I promise we'll do our best in order to release it on the 1st January 2006 and maybe we'd publish the FFUR 2005 6.0 as well.

smile_o.gif

Another good news, there would be the replacement version of the nordic islands pack intended to replace BIS Islands which should be released very soon as well, special thanks to all people behind it!(Berghoff, wgl, mrburns...etc)

In any way, ETA 6H13, stay tuned...

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

Merry Christmas mate, merry merry christmas all, and thank you for your support and kindness.

You built FFUR and you kept it alive, I would have been glad to continue modding for OFP but I'm forced to withdraw my favorite passion because of some real life duties...

Btw, because of some reasons that have delayed the FFUR european project we haven't been able to carry out a quite decent "Multiplayer" config but I promise we'll do our best in order to release it on the 1st January 2006 and maybe we'd publish the FFUR 2005 6.0 as well.

smile_o.gif

Another good news, there would be the replacement version of the nordic islands pack intended to replace BIS Islands which should be released very soon as well, special thanks to all people behind it!(Berghoff, wgl, mrburns...etc)

In any way, ETA 6H13, stay tuned...

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

Dont worry about delay, Im getting Civ4 tomorrow, and I tend to get quite absorbed taking over the world pistols.gif Well, Happy Christmas to all, and a Happy New Year.

I installed the 2005 pack and now the regular game and the FFUR mod won't work. I click on the shortcut to begin, it puts up a black screen and then nothing.

huh you installed FFUR first before the game ? try it the other way around

anyway now thats it im confused as hell it might just be time zones but christmas is tomorow for me i suppose youve had it ahhh... ive still got presents and youve opened all of yours rofl.gif lol

anyway 6H 13M damn by that time it will be midnight i suppose ill download it tomorow or stay up late who knows whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

anyway cant wait for the release

is there any way of making my download manager download a certian link once its hosted on the net that way i can just leve my comp on

Well TB, can't wait for the release! Screw the christmas spirit... Kindness to fellow men my ass! Molesting my keyboard more likely... Welp, my family will just have to forgive me pistols.gif

You have really listened to your audience, heard their remarks and complaints and most importantly, incorporated the appropriate changes. Even though the packs remain to be released, I can safely say: my hat off to you, sir.

Even though the discussion may have been ended, I would like to make a last statement about the copyright issue. I can hardly call myself an expert on the matter, but I completely understand TB's stance on things. Creating a total unit conversion involves dozens of addons. If the creators were to wait for the permission of all the addon makers, FFUR 6.0 would most probably be released at the same time as ArmA. Besides, TB hasn't broken any rules, seeing as nothing has been released yet. It is nothing short of practical to start working on the addons while waiting for the authors to authorise their use. All TB has done right now, was post screenshots of units he is planning on using. In other words, if TB is breaking any rules right now, so are the people posting screenshots in the Combat Photography thread.

Claiming that TB is disrespecting addon makers is simply ridiculous. If anything, he is doing them a favour: he is making sure that people actually use the addons. Everyday we see beautiful addons being released, but no missions to actually enjoy them. For example: HYK's American troops may be beautiful, but I certainly can't be arsed to make a mission which uses them. TB's replacement pack allows us to enjoy both the original missions and the excellent addons the community has produced! The best of both worlds? I certainly think so.

Now get uploading TB! biggrin_o.gif

will the first post be edited about European crisis or will it be an entire new thread cause it would be a shame to create a new thread when were only 7 pages from 100 pages biggrin_o.gif

cant wait

...seems that the first page has been updated...:-p

Merry Christmas everyone

xmas_o.gif

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'> Link</span>

thx to Raptor & Cervo for the links.

Have fun mates.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Weeeee! Thank you TB and the rest of the FFUR team! notworthy.gif

And merry Christmas! xmas_o.gif

Outstanding & Excellent work !!!!!! (as usual  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif )

Oooooooooooooooohhhhh FFUR................. inlove.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif

<span style='font-size:19pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:darkred'>MERRY XMAS TO THE WHOLE OFP COMMUNITY</span></span>

YUPIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!! yay.gifyay.gif

thank you very much notworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

and marry Crhistmas !! inlove.gifinlove.gifinlove.gif

Whoa! I just played this and I'm telling you guys, this is the ultimate Christmas Gift for OFP. Even the text effects you guys used makes the whole experience much cleaner and better. Really guys hats off to you because i'll be playing OFP more than the games I got for Christmas. The mg on the tank has the coolest effects and the lighting is so much better. Oh man this is just the best ever!

Hats off to the FFUR Team for this amazing piece of work!

Salutes,

Soldier

P.S Get some rest guys, you've defiantly earned it xmas_o.gif

please can you upload a .rar download mirror cos my OS is not compatible with your install ( i m running with Win lsd 3.5)

Any way thanks a lot for your great stuff

are this the new fixed wersion or is this just an european furr, downbloading now, great stuff xmas_o.gif merry christmas everybody

wow..............the awesome pack is here......downloadin

thnkx TB and everyone involved....u guys have contributed alot to ofp....good luck in ur real life duties notworthy.gif