Sign in to follow this  
b_ringer25

Map In Game Troubles

Yo I need help putting a map ingame. I have tried the tutorials numerous amounts of time and can not get it to work so can someone post their email address so i can send it to them and so they can put it in the game for me.

If this is in the wrong topic area please move it.

Map in-game... = ?

1) New island?

Move to the Visitor / World editing forum, get WRPtool (shameless plug), and read the whole manual.

2) Map overlay functionality in a mission?

Look in the mission editing sections for help there.

3) Map functionality for an addon?

You'll probably want to dive in headfirst over at OFPEC for that.

Quote[/b] ]i guess you can't read either. I said I have tried many tutorials. I would like someone to put IG for me.

You're pretty rude. All he wanted was for you to clarify what you meant.

Here's where you should be looking.

Map Editing (Visitor)

With your attitude, I think you're the only one who can work with you.

Good luck.

Abs

idk what is the matter.  I am frustrated. I am just having a problem getting it ingame and I would like someone to just do it for me who actually know what they are doing.  If it is not to much trouble for them.

It does nobody any good if you just pass it off. 1) those that do know how to fix whatever problem you're having just spend more time doing the same thing instead of teaching others, and 2) people like you who don't know yet what to fix don't get to learn either. Dumping your problems on someone else doesn't teach you how not to make the same mistakes in the future.

Now I suppose you're doing something _A to try and achieve something _B, but instead you are getting some unexpected error result _C. Detailed explanations of all three are needed by anyone who would be able to fix you problem. I do know a thing or two about OFP / VBS world island development, and a little about map dialogs, but I can't help you at all, nor can anyone else if we don't know what the problem is. Emailing me, or anyone else a snapshot of your addon without any other explanation would mean the recipient would need to do a full development audit to try and guess what's going on inside your head.

Based on past experience, the issue in question is probably very trivial. If you would be so kind as to post what it is that you have, what result - in detail - you expect, and the precise error response scenario you're encountering, any of more than friendly developers here can help guide you to becoming a better developer, in addition to helping with the specific corrections.

Thanks.

i put it right out there. I made a map and i want someone to put there email address so i can send them the file and hopefully they can put it ingame. Not really that hard to understand is it.

when you say "map" do you mean a island?

that means a pice of land that you play on.

if so, do you have a config for it?

if so, do you get a error message or is it just that it doesnt show so you can shoose it in the mission editor?

please, understand this, noone wants to make stuff FOR you, but we can help you and tell you what you should do, that way you will learn and not encounter this error the next time you try to do something for OFP.

no, we are not saying you are a idiot, i have myself spent many hours scratching my head and trying to figure out what i have mad wrong, and after some time i have figuered it out (sometimes by asking for help but never by sending it to someone else saying "fix it".)

but, first of all to help you we must know

A: What are you trying to do?

B: What happens?

saying " i have a map that doesnt work" is like saying "i have a car that doesnt move", we have no chanse in telling you what is wrong by just that (lack of) information..

if you had said "I have made a new island for OFP, and when i try to start it i get a error message saying 'bla bla bla' and i dont understand what that means, i have searched the forums and read all tutorials but i cant figure this one out, does anyone have a sugestion on how to solve this or has had the same problem?" we could have helped you...

but complaining and yelling at everyone that wants to know more about your problem wont help anyone, especially not you (that is a simple way to make enemies)

so please...

give us more info about what you try to do, what you want to happen and what actually does happen (error messages etc) and we WILL help you...

wow you got to be from europe because you are stupid.  I HAVE AN ISLAND OR MAP WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT AND I WANT SOMEONE TO PUT IT IN THE GAME FOR ME.  DO I HAVE TO S P E L L  I T  O U T

wow you got to be from europe because you are stupid. I HAVE AN ISLAND OR MAP WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT AND I WANT SOMEONE TO PUT IT IN THE GAME FOR ME. DO I HAVE TO S P E L L I T O U T

thankyou, that is a start, and yes, i am from europe, thankyou...

now again, you cant just tell ppl to do things for you, but we might help you figuring out whats wrong if you just tell us what happens (error messages etc)

yelling dont help you.

wow you got to be from europe because you are stupid. I HAVE AN ISLAND OR MAP WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT AND I WANT SOMEONE TO PUT IT IN THE GAME FOR ME. DO I HAVE TO S P E L L I T O U T

Flaming is clearly against forum rules, which I suggest you take the time to read during your 48 hour post restriction.

And for the record - we have many, many European members here, possibly even more than we do Americans. You might do well to remember that before you make a fool of yourself next time.