Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

DO NOT BUY LARGE/EXPENSIVE ITEMS ON EBAY

Ok, I bought for Å364 pounds an Athlon 1.4 GHz PC. Sent of the cheque bla bla. Now I have found out that out of the 40 machines that they apparently had, only one has been dispatched (not mine obviously), and that they have been suspended from ebay!! Which means I won't get my PC!!! mad.gif Which means my money has gone to hell!!!! mad.gifsad.gif I might get something like Å120 from ebay back...MIGHT is the word to pay attention to...and I still won't have a PC!! This is a very bitter and expensive lesson...I recommend to you not to buy anything expensive or big (as in PC) on ebay, it is VERY easy to get screwed over.

The company's ebay rating was 1500+ btw, even that does not guarantee not getting screwed over sad.gif

I am very sad today :'(

did you really thiunk you would get that pc that cheap? tounge.gif

surely your credit card is charged by ebay and should be reversable confused.gifconfused.gif, seems to me its ebay who r screwing u

a) i didnt pay ebay, i payed the guy selling it

b) payed by cheque, but it already cleared, hence im screwed

This sort of incident is what makes me totally boycott the Internet for purchases. The last item I bought off the Internet was my current PC which on reflection was properly a mistake as it came with so much faulty crap in it like the keyboard and mouse . But the company did honour its warranty and did send replacements. prettly quickly which still work. it does help though if the company you made the purchase from is in the same country as you are.

OMG,, I'm really sorry for ya' bud sad.gif   Your hard earned money,, thrown away for nothing  sad.gif

Isn't there some way to track this person down..?  mad.gif

I buy shit from e-bay and sell it aswell almost every single day.. just make sure you read a person's feedbacks and whatnot.. and if it looks too good to be true.. it just might be..

P.S. got a GF2 Ti for $90 with shipping yesterday.