Sign in to follow this  
Greg147

Out of reserved memory

Hi all,

Was making a mission today with 2 planes trying to destroy a boat. When one of them actually hit the boat, there was an explosion, then the game crashed, and I got this error

error2.jpg

I searched about, and could only find the common 'out of video memory' error, which doesn't help.

Does anyone know how to stop this happening?

Thanks

your pc doesnt have enough memory to run flashpoint and remember whats going on in the game etc...

when that explosion occured it just pushed flashpoint over its memory allocation - hence the crash - remove uneeded addons, bump your flashy memory allocation up, or buy more memory smile_o.gif

any addons involved - there are more possiblities to this error..

Yeah, the addons involved are TFs Stalingrad island, DWs Stuka, Libmod and a boat, forgotten which one.

with your ofp shorcut try adding -nomap to the end of the command line

im sure someone has a picture somewhere if u get stuck

ok, thanks. I though I had -nomap on there, but I only have it on other mods. I'll put it on and see if it helps.

Quote[/b] ]your pc doesnt have enough memory to run flashpoint and remember whats going on in the game etc...

when that explosion occured it just pushed flashpoint over its memory allocation - hence the crash - remove uneeded addons, bump your flashy memory allocation up, or buy more memory

How do you increase memory allocation?

Start>All Programs>Codemasters>Operation Flashpoint>Flashpoint Preferences>Advanced>Proformance [Top Slider].