Sign in to follow this  
aviel

Tales Of War mod, Official statement.

Because of a MAJOR misunderstanding i RE-DECLARE the TALES OF WAR MOD, back to: ALIVE AND KICKING

We are now Regrouping our team, and best of all, we have a new leader, MAD MAX.

I take back evrything i sayd, i was orderd to leave From the Tales of War mod.

banghead.gif

Please, Stay Tuned to the tow website,

Tales of war

u2_5.jpg

again, sorry for the misunderstanding

Aviel, peace out.

Quote[/b] ]

Bullshit:

With much regret, I Aviel officialy declaring, The Tales Of War mod to dead.

We may return in Ofp 2, but not under tales of war.

who knows what wonderfull things we will add this time to the community ;-) . till then just stay put and watch the most populair ofp news/resources site that exists in the community, ofp.gamezone.cz! :-) or the BI forums.

i would like to thank every singal member of the operation flashpoint community for supporting us every singal day, 365 days a year, for the fun we had working together, and for downloading our addons, for using it in your missions, it was  our plesure, we hope to see the same kind of Enthusiasm when we come back in ofp2.

i wish you all a nice day.

Signed, Aviel - O. - Tales Of War Managament.

Tuesday 10/18/2005.

sad_o.gif I had hoped one day to get to play with andersgrim's deltas.

STGN

Those I believe will still be released by himself

Another one bites the dust...

sad_smiley.jpg

Very, very sad, indeed sad_o.gif

But i miss one statement in your post...if anyone whould like to use or edit your great addons, who is he going to ask? Or are they "open" now?

Very sad, you guys made some great stuff. huh.gif Hope to see you back with the next BIS installment.

who??  huh.gif

biggrin_o.gif they where one of the "top" addon teams a couple of years ago some will remmber the BAS vs. TOW flame wars they made some realy great addons shearch ofp.info and you will finde meany good(by yesterday standards) adons they(Mostly Frandsen/RavenDK in this case) made among meany other a marine pack which had alot of troops and the fist SOPMOD M4 with ACOG and peq2 oh boy was I excited when it was released. The soldiers was modified BIS US soldiers, force recon had boonies and snipers had the cap on back wards, wow smile_o.gif they made alot of good weapon addons too.

STGN

sad news , but i hope you guys would return for armed assault instead so the wait wouldn't be so long tounge2.gif

i remember you guys for the chocktaw different nam style chopper, some originality there instead of another huey biggrin_o.gif

not that hues are bad but there are so many of 'em wink_o.gif

Thank you for all the OFP releases, especially the Choctaw and the AAV7 that were my favorites TOW releases.

See you next time wink_o.gif

How about the USS Ashland (designated LSD 48) released by TOW that is even a great addon by today's standards its great eye candy for missions even for today's standards.

CLICK ME if you want to download it. Its a very good addon

You guys have done great its sad to see yet another mod go but people no need to worry once Armed Assault starts up again I am confident this mod will restart or at least a new mod or two would start incoperating the same values and mission statement as TOW had.

Bravo TOW for your great addons and bringing so much to the OFP community. Its been a great 1/2 decade.

As aviel has neglected to mention: Mad Max will be continuing in ArmA. MH6 will come then.

As one of the old members of TOW I want to say thank you too all members of TOW i did work with, like Anders, Jahve, Rothy, Kabal, Jonber (if he is still alive), Mad Max and so on.

Hope I will see some of you guys when AA is comming out.

So rest in peace TOW and let us remember a good time and some good addons.

Rest in peace TOW dudes. We at the Unsung salute you. Damn good CH34's, only to mention some of your addons. notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Sorry about all that folks. Misunderstanding of the highest order there. We're not dead, we've just been inactive for a long time. We're currently reorganising things ready for Armed Assault, and we'll still be using the "Tales of War" name.

I've made a little update to our site and added some new forums (the old ones were cream-crackered, script errors and links going to the wrong places and so on) so get chatting away.

Again, I'm really sorry for any misunderstandings. Aveil has also had to leave us due to recent events.

http://tow.ofpcentral.co.uk/

Good to hear that.

I just hope to not read this kind of update "oh sorry we are really dead in fact" tomorrow wink_o.gif

Could be interesting to list your existing releases and links to them on your website.

Aye, I'm part of the way through doing it now actually. I don't know when I'll be able to get them all listed and the list actually active as I have a friend coming over later, so I'm sorry if it takes a few hours. Most of our addons aren't actually on our server believe it or not so I'll have to track them down again and reupload them. I'll probably change some of the file names too (just the archives) and make them all rar files so there's some sort of continuity with them all.

Again, sorry for the screw up.

EDIT: All of the addons (that I could re-trace) are on the site again. You can find them here if you're interested in some retro addons so to speak. I'll be adding extra downloads to the list as I refind them all.

Doesn't the Tales of War Mod have an existng thread knocking about somewhere? If all that is going to appear here is news on the re-release of old addons, maybe reverting to the old thread would be a good idea?

As to Tales of War for ArmA, shouldn't you be posting in the AA Forum, in the manner of XelSis and the Modern Warfare Mod?? Just a suggestion...

EDIT: All of the addons (that I could re-trace) are on the site again. You can find them here if you're interested in some retro addons so to speak. I'll be adding extra downloads to the list as I refind them all.

Thanks,

Actually i wasn't aware some of the addons availables on your website were released , downloading right now smile_o.gif

Wehey, glad you guys are still with us. biggrin_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

Gonna check out your new forums and stuff now.

Doesn't the Tales of War Mod have an existng thread knocking about somewhere? If all that is going to appear here is news on the re-release of old addons, maybe reverting to the old thread would be a good idea?

As to Tales of War for ArmA, shouldn't you be posting in the AA Forum, in the manner of XelSis and the Modern Warfare Mod?? Just a suggestion...

Well, now this is not supposed to be a big TOW discussion thread. The topic and mistakes has been solved. And a TOW forum is up for further discussion.