Sign in to follow this  
zootso

Release....

Just leave BIS to do there job im sure they will make the game we all love so much better than we can ever think of so just let BIS do the job  yay.gif

Unless everytime someone posts here they stop working I doubt we are in any way interupting their work.

Personally I feel that the ArmA forums have been completely ignored, especially by devs. It kinda gets me down cos of the way they are active in OFP:Elite. I know cos they're trying to advertise it, but what about a screenshot or two for the rest of us? That doesn't set back dev time by weeks, its 2 mins from taking it to uploading it.

Hauk

Personally I feel that the ArmA forums have been completely ignored, especially by devs. It kinda gets me down cos of the way they are active in OFP:Elite. I know cos they're trying to advertise it, but what about a screenshot or two for the rest of us? That doesn't set back dev time by weeks, its 2 mins from taking it to uploading it.

Hauk

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are ignoreing the ArmA forums... becuase for all we know there is a reason that they can't tell us things, and show us screenshots. Im sure they at the very least read them and check in on them. Even if they dont respond.

I can't help but think that if they could, they would at least post a few screenshots. But then again... one could argue, why wouldn't they just say "We can't give any info or screens right now." So who knows really...

Perhaps BIS have had to go back to the drawing board after seeing the latest movies of Ghost Recon 3? The movement of the soldiers in that game and the feeling that everything is really happening looks phenomenal.

Im now looking forward to its release in March and will just pop along here now and again and see when BIS gets its act together.

Theres really no point keep asking the same questions because you still just meet silence. Save your electricity guys and go play something that is out!

Quote[/b] ]Perhaps BIS have had to go back to the drawing board after seeing the latest movies of Ghost Recon 3? The movement of the soldiers in that game and the feeling that everything is really happening looks phenomenal.

(Before going off on this tangent, please note I own Splinter cell: Chaos theory, Prince of persia, Rainbow Six 3: raven shield, and had Ghost Recon 2. I also have played Splinter cell 1 & 2)

If you like Ghost Recon games....  crazy_o.gif Dude. UBI has become so damn shallow with there games and slowly, but surely, is becoming just anothe mediocre 'graphics mean EVERYTHING' developer. It started with Raven Shield, and has slowly begun to corrupt all of their games... they claim realism but fall short on it in many fronts - centre cam aiming, poor ai (look! on easy I am completed retarted! on hard, I get instant kills, can hear a pin drop from 100 ft, turn around at just the opportune moment), ballistic f-ups, poor hit-detection, etc.

Chaos Theory was good single player, I guess.... I mean they just did the exact same damn thing they did in the previous two, only with slightly improved graphics. The coop mode was ok as well, but it, too, was very repetitve and seemed to be rushed. I beat all the coop missions with a buddy of mine and on the most difficult settings, in just a few hours.....

ANYWAY! My point - the consistent thing in all of those games is pretty well done graphics and completey rehashed, overdone gameplay. I think a large amount of people on here will agree how half assed of a game GR2 was... I have seen the screens and trailers for 3, but I just don't have much faith in UBI after seeing their tranquil, rushed development habits. But hey, they aren't the first in the scheme of things.... *cough* EAandVivendi*cough*

Tying this into a discussion related to Operation Flashpoint, I just don't really think they compare. I do enjoy my "arcade", "fast-paced", games from time to time, but more often than not,they last only a few weeks at best on my hard drive. OFP is the ONLY game that has remained installed on my computer for 4 (going on 5) years. And while yes, BIS sure has some strange "tactics," I highly doubt they are intimidated by other game companies. And I for one appreciate a small, personal company than a impersonal, monopoly running, monstrosity *cough* *cough*.

Now you will probably argue that the "bigger" companies would have given us a hellava lot more information by now, which I don't argue with you that they would have. But in the case of BIS, take note on the circumstances that apply here...

A) BIS is a super small company in comparison

B) BIS is much more selective in its market

C) Publisher woes are currently plaguing the ability to share information

And if you want to know my honest opinion on the situation -

1) They have chosen a publisher but are still getting everything in order.

2) The publisher has said "STFU!" and told BIS not to say anything until things are in order.

3) BIS can't give any information about the game without the threat of jepordizing the game's publicity. They could make the company look weak or incapable if people would think things were "leaked."

And a sidenote....

4) Publishers tend to do a damn better job at advertising than Devs do, as it is their job  wink_o.gif ......

Anyway. Long story short (jeeze. Alcohol + forums do not mix), I agree with you on many fronts Marshal. We've known each other for like ever. We were both in ICM. We flew together and all that. I too wish they would release more info about the game, and I too am growing a tincy bit impatient. But their isn't really ANYTHING we can do about it. Whining does not make the world spin faster, bro.

Lets all just cross our fingers, and continue to stop by in hope of getting some information. And please do not take any of my comments as personal attacks. Night

Caz  xmas_o.gif

EDIT: Grammar and spelling errors up the yin-yang...

Perhaps BIS have had to go back to the drawing board after seeing the latest movies of Ghost Recon 3? The movement of the soldiers in that game and the feeling that everything is really happening looks phenomenal.

I think DrBobcat pretty much hit hte nail on the head here.

GR games can not even be compared to OFP. First off, were talking two totally diffrent games. BIS makes realistic, wide open, mil-sim games... that several military organizations have used for training. Ghost Recon is your typical arcade shooter thats all about the graphics and have poor realisim and gameplay in the end. There are many games out right now, or coming out that have superior graphics... and Im sure BIS could care less. Becuae ArmA and Game2 will have something none of them have. Total realism, and good military simulation. You can find graphics anywhere... but find one other mil-sim like OFP.

ach. smile_o.gif

nice to see that, after a 5 days AFK-Time everything is like it was when I left biggrin_o.gif

people a spamming here, like me

& BIS is ... doing the contrary biggrin_o.gif

After reading all over the same things ill a motto for this topic:

Blessed are those who have nothing to say and yet remain silent.

I think a few of the guys here would be quite surprised at what Ghost Recon 3 has to offer. Ubisoft are not rushing out the game either, it has been put back to March 2006 to get everything right.

The whole of Mexico City has been mapped and will be playable in the game. As a player you can watch what your squad mates are doing with the aid of small screen cameras (A special feature for the XBox 360 version), you can call in helicopters to strike tanks. Troops cower from explosions and the screen blurs and shakes as missiles land near you. The game is based on the latest military technology that should surface in 2013 so to say that the game is not realistic is wrong in my opinion.

I dont know why people here keep believing that you can have a realistic game without good graphics? Surely realism means that its as close to real life as possible? The better the graphics the more realistic it will look. Its no good having good physics in a game engine if the characters look like cardboard cutouts now is it?

I will still keep an eye on these forums, but lets just say that there are plenty of other games that will be taking up my interest until ArmA appears.

I dont know why so many people hang out here when you could all be saving your time and go and do something more constructive. No matter how many times the same old questions are asked it doesnt seem that BIS are listening anyway.

Well said Marshall, I loved OPF with all my heart and Its my fav game of all time, but in all honesty the more I think about it (and I know this will upset people) but Armed Assault is a waste of time. BI should sack the idea and put their effort into the next generation game. Lets face it, OPF didnt have the best graphics when it was released, and i cant help feeling that 4 years down the line, the little changes that will be made to AA wont hold any weight at all. They should concentrate on the next gen game and be able to release it earlier. BI is self admittedly only a small developer, it should put its time and effort making OPF2 the best military simulator of all time. If anyone can do it, these guys can.

Quote[/b] ]Marshal - I think a few of the guys here would be quite surprised at what Ghost Recon 3 has to offer. Ubisoft are not rushing out the game either, it has been put back to March 2006 to get everything right.

The whole of Mexico City has been mapped and will be playable in the game. As a player you can watch what your squad mates are doing with the aid of small screen cameras (A special feature for the XBox 360 version), you can call in helicopters to strike tanks. Troops cower from explosions and the screen blurs and shakes as missiles land near you. The game is based on the latest military technology that should surface in 2013 so to say that the game is not realistic is wrong in my opinion.

I dont know why people here keep believing that you can have a realistic game without good graphics? Surely realism means that its as close to real life as possible? The better the graphics the more realistic it will look. Its no good having good physics in a game engine if the characters look like cardboard cutouts now is it?

I will still keep an eye on these forums, but lets just say that there are plenty of other games that will be taking up my interest until ArmA appears.

I dont know why so many people hang out here when you could all be saving your time and go and do something more constructive. No matter how many times the same old questions are asked it doesnt seem that BIS are listening anyway.

Well I agree with you on that front, man. UBI has been taking a hellava lot more time with this title, which is reassuring, but I won't be holding my breath out of blind faith. I won't necessarily say "EWW! UBI! RUN!" but on the other hand I won't be saying "WOOT! UBI! SALIVATE!" wink_o.gif

And woah! I didn't say games with good graphics can't be realistic. Of course they can.... But I am saying the majority of the companies would much rather have good graphics in their games, and forget about the gameplay. You have to have balance, you know? I aint' saying its impossible, I am just saying that more often than not, that is the case...

Lastly I agree with your point that there are a bunch of other games that will hold me off until ArAs... Such as Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Gun, Civ IV, and even Operation Flashpoint still, lol.

Quote[/b] ]bigsouth1981- Well said Marshall, I loved OPF with all my heart and Its my fav game of all time, but in all honesty the more I think about it (and I know this will upset people) but Armed Assault is a waste of time. BI should sack the idea and put their effort into the next generation game. Lets face it, OPF didnt have the best graphics when it was released, and i cant help feeling that 4 years down the line, the little changes that will be made to AA wont hold any weight at all. They should concentrate on the next gen game and be able to release it earlier. BI is self admittedly only a small developer, it should put its time and effort making OPF2 the best military simulator of all time. If anyone can do it, these guys can.

I don't think its a waste of time at all... I _need_ military Simulation to hold me off till OFP2 (next gen). That is kind of the point. Think of it like Counter Strike: Source for Operation Flashpoint - Updating a game into a more modern engine. Only this time its actually a good game biggrin_o.gif

Late,

Caz

well ... they still can match the Q4 release when releasing via

Steam or Direct2Drive

... whistle.gif  nener.gif

btw. to support this argument ... authors of well known UT2003/UT2004 mod Red Orchestra (winners of UE 2.5 license in NVIDIA 1mil USD contest) are now releasing theirs new game Red Orchestra : Ostfront 41-45 via STEAM !!!

if it comes out on steam or any other download type system i wont be buying it. I would rather have a dvd and manuel rather than be reliant on a company that could go bust and you are left with no game confused_o.gif

if it comes out on steam or any other download type system i wont be buying it. I would rather have a dvd and manuel rather than be reliant on a company that could go bust and  you are left with no game confused_o.gif

Well it can come out on both ... first download system then later CD/DVD/BD media ... same like Valve done with HL2/CSS/DOD and EA with BF2:SF

btw. about Valve going to bust ... Gabe answered this already ... if there is situation Valve going under and will be forced to "close" down Steam ... they are capable to remove auth system completely with tiny update to all Steam titles ... so it's no real argument ...

yes but then you have to keep it on your hard drive forever with most games you cant just copy the game directory on to a cd as you will 99% of the time miss files located else where along with registery entries ect. So if your hand drive goes and screws up you have lost your game. I can live with a steam type system if its only to activate a game and you have a dvd because as you said a patch could be released but game download only is not for me im afraid to many things that can go wrong.

yes but then you have to keep it on your hard drive forever with most games you cant just copy the game directory on to a cd as you will 99% of the time miss files located else where along with registery entries ect. So if your hand drive goes and screws up you have lost your game. I can live with a steam type system if its only to activate a game and you have a dvd because as you said a patch could be released but game download only is not for me im afraid to many things that can go wrong.

typical bs ... you can backup any steam game to another HDD or CD or DVD in zero time ...

please RTFM and FAQ ... thx

also if you lost all Your HDDs , CDs and DVDs (house fire, colapse, robbery whatever)... no problem ... all YOU need to keep secure is your account ...

why? because you can re-download it ... simple as that

"you can backup any steam game to another HDD or CD or DVD in zero time"

that i didnt know that mate sorry my experience of steam is limted to only using half life for a mounth and that was it.  

Theres no reason to get angry mate i just tend to be a pesimist and think of the worst case scenarios thats all wink_o.gif

i have no problem with steam or any other sort of system aslong as i can also get it on a disc that i can buy from a shop thats all im saying. If others want to buy it through the net and download it fine its just not for me.

Please, dont start with that sh*t called Steam.

Being force to have an internet connection on the pc that you're playing single player games is complete nonsense. This is the only reason that I did not buy HL2 and I swear to God that, even though I consider OFP the best game I've ever played, that will be the end of it for me. I will never ever go down that road. And if one day all games are distributed that way it will be the end of video games for me (maybe not such a bad thing after all).

Please BIS dont go there. The kids that are cheating/cracking FPS games are not really your crowd. For products like yours that mostly attract mature players this is not necessary.

Cheers.

Please, dont start with that sh*t called Steam.

Being force to have an internet connection on the pc that you're playing single player games is complete nonsense. This is the only reason that I did not buy HL2 and I swear to God that, even though I consider OFP the best game I've ever played, that will be the end of it for me. I will never ever go down that road. And if one day all games are distributed that way it will be the end of video games for me (maybe not such a bad thing after all).

Please BIS dont go there. The kids that are cheating/cracking FPS games are not really your crowd. For products like yours that mostly attract mature players this is not necessary.

Cheers.

the problem is that these cheating and cracking kids will be messing with Armed Assault and OFP2 no matter how and when it gets released ...

if You want discuss about that go here http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=48247

No matter what steps a company takes, games will always be cracked and they usually appear on the scene before the game hits the shops. Lets take OFP Elite for example - it was on the newsgroups over a week before its official release.

If you ask me this can only be put down to employees within the industry who are getting the games straight from its source.

I agree that Steam is a silly system because you have to be connected to the internet to play it. I know a few people who are still living in the stoneage times of having a 56k modem and Steam just stops them from playing the latest games (even though HL2 was mainly sold as a single player game).

What I mean is that you need to have a good internet connection (broadband) to play HL2 because at some point it uses Steam to confirm that you are using an official version.

OK, I HAVE HAD IT! I come here everyday, seeing the same shit, NOTHING! IM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT, fuck your game. i dont care what reason you have for not releasing any info but i have had it, you can take your freakn game and shuve it up your ass, sick and tired of you asskissers that say "bis has a reason for not releasing any info", yeah they have a reason... they are freakn jerks! ban me from posting, delete my account do whatever the fuck you want, cuz i dont care! I'm so sick of you fans saying that's the best game ever, and that is so real. REALISM MY ASS, there are many arguments for this but i have better things to do than waiste my time argueing with stupid people ...... i was really looking forward for this game! i havent been this excited about a game ever! not for FEAR, not for HALF Life 2 not for any game, but you made me loose my interest, so i dont care if you plan to release it in the year 28957 and release no info, because i have had it! band.gif

OK, I HAVE HAD IT! I come here everyday, seeing the same shit, NOTHING! IM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT, fuck your game. i dont care what reason you have for not releasing any info but i have had it, you can take your freakn game and shuve it up your ass, sick and tired of you asskissers that say "bis has a reason for not releasing any info", yeah they have a reason... they are freakn jerks! ban me from posting, delete my account do whatever the fuck you want, cuz i dont care! I'm so sick of you fans saying that's the best game ever, and that is so real. REALISM MY ASS, there are many arguments for this but i have better things to do than waiste my time argueing with stupid people ...... i was really looking forward for this game! i havent been this excited about a game ever! not for FEAR, not for HALF Life 2 not for any game, but you made me loose my interest, so i dont care if you plan to release it in the year 28957 and release no info, because i have had it!  band.gif

LMAO  rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]ban me from posting, delete my account do whatever the fuck you want, cuz i dont care!

It's a good thing you don't care, because I'm sure all of those are going to happen to you.

You really need to chill out man, It's just a game.