Sign in to follow this  
zootso

Release....

How knows what kind of contract binds BIS to Codemasters, related to OFP Elite. huh.gif

This could be the reason why we are getting no info.

Codemasters published OFP Elite, because they had the contract to it before BI broke up with them its been in dev for a long time, so its not a new deal at all, its just part of the break-up between them like them owning OFP.

This is clear so far, what i meant is the "fine print", or the little traps, that can be hidden in an contract.

OFP for the XBox was supposed to come more than a year ago, so that pretty much explains why BIS are not saying anything about ArmA - they dont seem to keep to deadlines.

Take all the facts into consideration - 4 screenshots, an official website that lets anyone post criticising comments without any moderation, the constant asking of the same question without reply here on their official forums and unless your completely stupid, it all spells out that they are way behind schedule.

The paying public will soon find another game to spend their well earned cash on if BIS are so pig-headed to make no announcement - either good or bad - about this games present state of production.

As for ArmA competing with the XBox version and taking away sales - theres no fear of that, but if BIS had their asses in gear then they would have just released OFP/ArmA/OFP2 or whatever you want to call it on the PC or XBox 360 which has more processing power than any current PC on the market.

People here keep saying 'Why can't you wait' - well I've waited 4 years for an update - If BIS make statements at gameshows saying that their product will be out in Q4 2005 then they should either deliver that promise or release a statement saying why they havent. Saying nothing only pisses people off like myself and Ill go and spend my cash on another game like Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (XBox 360).

Keeping everyone here in the dark will only frustrate potential customers and drive them away from the game. I can think of many games in the past which have come out way after its original stated release date, and when they do finally come out the current technology on the market available usually far out performs the product that you were so looking forward to playing.

So go ahead BIS keep quiet or let us know some info so that we know where we all stand. Or would you rather dig your own grave?

Marshal, you're dangerously close to trolling. I stongly suggest you take your tone and your attitude off of this forum or I'll do it for you.

Hellfish6,

Can I ask a simple question? Why do the moderators on this site happily lock topics without answering any questions? Why cant you say whats happening with the game?

I ran the TNT League for 2 years and if the members of the forum had a question then I would, as moderator answer that question and then lock the topic if it was getting out of hand.

Do you realise what the situation looks like to the community with many people asking about some information with a constant 'no comment' from the moderators of this site?

If BIS dangle a carrot in front of our noses which says 'finish line in Q4 2005', dont you think that we should have some more information by now?

yeah good point, the mods here just lock threads, on the steampowered forums *shudder, the mods have to deal with the worsr trolls and flame wars on the net, yet they always try at least to answer questions, and they ask Valve for info if they dont have it or at least post a link to a thread that does answer the question.

Here its "troll" locked bye.

u seem to mix mods with BIS related ppl whistle.gif

On the other hand, the "BIS people" are active in this forum nearly everyday. whistle.gif

On the other hand, the "BIS people" are active in this forum nearly everyday. whistle.gif

Yet offer no info at all on Arma.

Just a simple "its still on track keep checking the site for updates" would be good enough.

And no I havnt got mods and bis people mixed up. I was remarking that mods on other forums ask the devs for info, and are given info if it is something important. here the mods seem more clueless than us lol.

I hate the feeling to be ignored. biggrin_o.gif

I´m looking here everyday for some new infos. sad_o.gif

It´s hard to look forward to ARMA. confused_o.gif

Placebo is the one and only moderator in this forum that have an official "work relationship" with BIS. So the other moderators realy don`t know more than we do.

Moderators aren't BIS employees - our primary fuction is to uphold the forum rules here. We don't know and can't announce release dates. We don't know and can't announce BIS policies. We have no "insider" information.

I lock topics that I consider trolling - like conspiracy theories about BIS release dates, conspiracy theories about why BIS is keeping quiet about future projects, etc.

The bottom line is this - there are never, ever hard dates for going gold or shipping. At least not for well-made titles. Release dates and release estimates always change - they will usually say this too, like "Estimated Release: Q4 2005". That is not a guarantee. That is not a promise.

Advertising is not BIS's sole responsibility - most of that work is left to the publisher. If there is no publisher - bottom line is that there's no way a release date can be given (publishers usually do final testing and QC as well as arrange distribution and production) and no serious information can be given out (publishers usually do all that - it's pretty rare to see a Dev diary that isn't sanctioned at least tacitly by a publisher).

So, what can we assume?

BIS is in negotiations with a publisher. Hence, no release date can be given and providing any new info could harm the negotiation process. Maybe BIS estimated that they'd have a publisher in time to offer ArmAs by Q4 2005 - sometimes it takes longer. Not their fault, so you can't get mad at them because of it.

Bottom line - keep waiting. When there is info available, it will be made available. It'll probably happen in conjunction with a press release about ArmAs' publisher.

No sense in getting angry about something that's out of your control. We all have to wait. 99% of us are fine with that.

Bottom line.

lol all this fuss, arma is just a new engine to play ofpr on. and i dont see many playin ofpr. you want bis to tell you what they already told you lol. there will be swaying trees and grass and shadows on vehicles. release date says q4 2005 its on official site.

what more da ya need to know lol

i hope its not xmas day cause i wanna see the xmas trees in ofpr

Marshal ... you quite full of BS ... 4 years waited for update ... funny that last OFPR update was released early this year ... right? ...

and You sure wait for 2nd game from first minute first one was released ...

you made yourself looking like "edited" .... noone said 4 years ago there will be ANY sequel ....

Moderators aren't BIS employees

And Placebo?it s the big the moderator

it s a BIS employe?

True, but he still has the ability to beat members into submission with a moderating stick. tounge2.gif

Sorry for contributing to the offtopic discussion, but I couldn't resist. huh.gif

wink_o.gif

they will usually say this too, like "Estimated Release: Q4 2005". That is not a guarantee. That is not a promise.

Yes but usually when they know they won't be able to release in time they inform people before the estimated release date.

So, assuming that BIS are not very defective in the PR dept one is allowed to believe they still think it's very possible that ArmA hits the shelves before 2006, or ... ?

ever heard about 'shock' tactic ? ...

while other companies trying 'hype' tactic (ending in major people upset by crappy game and low scores in mags etc) ...

so maybe you get ArmAs world wide ready in stores 1 week before xmass ...

note: i said maybe smile_o.gif

Looks like its going to miss the xmas buying period, as presents are bought 'before' the 25th of December.

They must be doing something extra good to it - or too busy playing it banghead.gif

personely i wish bis had just waited till they had some good info for us rather than anoucing it like they have. because people are going to be disapointed i feel as they make it out to be more than what its going to be in there head more than anything else.

I pmd placebo awhile ago and asked if 4th quarter release date was the 4th quarter of the finacial year or not. his reply was pretty much no comment so im taking that answer the same way i do when politcians cant give a straight answer ie asume the worst sad_o.gif .

i have a feeling if there is no info before december the moderators are going to need to be armed with fire extingushers for the amount of flameing and trolling confused_o.gif .

don' be sad, it will all work out smile_o.gif

c'mon it will be released, they probably just wanna be a bit surprising about it. wink_o.gif