Sign in to follow this  
zootso

Release....

Well I thought ArMa would be a mid-budget game, so a selling price of 29€ or something.

Also remember 2001 when flashpoint came out, how many people had a that powerfull computer to run it? I had an expensive P2 400 mhz at that time...

One really cool thing was, that it only cost 70 DM =(35 Euro), and all the other games cost 45-50 Euro... smile_o.gif

@ Nov. 12 2005,12:43)]
Anyway I digress - Yes we all really want this game but I personally only want it as soon as possible... not 'now' at all costs, unfinished and in whatever state it's in! crazy_o.gif

Actually how unfinished do you think it is? It´s flashpoint engine which has been tested four years and it uses new features from ofp elite and those new features must have been tested pretty thoroughly before the release. Anyway the bottom line is that it can´t be very unfinished...i hope biggrin_o.gif

You misunderstand me - I believe it must be very close to the finished product if it's not already. What I want from BIS is that finished article that they feel is diserving of a release however.. not a rush job to please the odd few people. Which is what they are - 'a few' in the grand scheme of things.

I knew my post regarding trying to get some new info on the game would be locked. But I had to laugh at what the moderator wrote:

Quote[/b] ]seems like the more info out the more people want this and that.

This is a bit of a funny statement because not only is there no info coming out, it is clearly stated in a topic on this forum that we should not bother asking for anything else as the game is now in production and its to late to ask for things to be included.

Well if the game is that far advanced where fans 'most wanted' things cannot be included, why isnt there any information on this site regarding this game which is obviously according to BIS almost finished.

Also, if BIS is not working on OFP2, why is their banner still on the Codemasters OFP2 website?

Also, if BIS is not working on OFP2, why is their banner still on the Codemasters OFP2 website?

Because they're just too lazy to remove it. Look at the games menu on BIS's website. The OFP:E's still under the "under developement" selection. It's totally the same. OK, ok, maybe they aren't lazy but busy, but it doesn't matter for this case.

Codemasters is making it's own OFP2, and BIS is making it's own OFP2, but I believe you know that. smile_o.gif

Seems like theyre in need of a proper webmaster who can take care of things - I could do that tounge2.gif

sigh im tired of the topics in here now. just put me out of my misery. pistols.gifbanghead.gifpistols.gifbanghead.gifpistols.gifbanghead.gif

You know what I realised? It's very obvious.

It's a pretty effective marketing strategy what BIS is doing. Don't advertise or release any extra info. The community gets all hyped up about it. The community draws their friends in. The community is constantly curious about the game, and will stop at nothing to get more info. When more info is put out, the community is brought in deeper. When it is released, the community members rush out to buy it. It racks in millions. Brilliant. huh.gif Using the human quality of curiosity against us. Utterly brilliant. It's a strategy that has made millions before and will make millions again.

Maybe they're not sure if they'll get everything done & tested and find a publisher soon enough before estimated release date and don't want to dissapoint people...

Like, if they'd say:

-"nope, we're not gonna make it on time" => people bitch and moan endlesly about having to wait more until the day it's finally out

-"we're not sure if we'll make it on time" => people cry about not getting any useful info

-"we'll make it on time" and then they don't => WW3 on ArmA forums

They never confirmed the release date, and probably won't until it is, well, confirmed.

I found Placebo answering questions about Operation Flashpoint 2 in codemasters forum.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57023

The last post he made was at 10-10-2005, 12:16 PM whistle.gif

Why Placebo answer questions about a game named Operation Flashpoint 2? (which is supposed not under development by Bis)

wow_o.gif

The answer is clear, Codemasters is going to be the publisher of Next Generation Game (it will be Operation Flashpoint 2 obviously), and that make me think it will be the publisher of Armed Assault too...

Correct me if i am wrong

help.gif

Edit:

Sorry just found this

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=48812

Advertise Arma?...lol!..that would be only icing on the cake!

Look, i am not saying anyone should be loyal to BIS or have blind faith to it or follow herd mentality. If you enjoyed the game, all you need to do to ensure Marek and his team has the funds to continue to do wonders for ofp2 is to HELP sell Arma once it's outs. You wont have to lug a bag of cds and approach everyone. All u need to do is just tell it to 3 persons who dont know about Arma, be it your school friends, collegues, or relatives. Simple isnt it? Here's the facts:-

There are over 33, 000 registered users, at 80% will be around 26,000 users to discount double or multiple nicks.

Day 1 sales:- 26,000 persons. tells it to 3 other persons =

Day 2 sales:- 78,000 "

Day 3 sales:- 234,000 "

Day 4 sales:- 702,000 "

Day 5 sales:- 2,106,000 "

Day 6 sales:- 6,318,000 "

Day 7 sales:- 18,95,400 -

Of course, this is an optimistic projection, but a factual model nevertheless if a marketing team played its cards right based on the marketing 'power of 3' concept. It certainly wont be 18 million copies sold within 7 days as shown here, for there will be several other factors comming into play, but within 3 months is achievable - and the first 26,000 persons listed is just users here, have not even take into account others who are not listed!

Thats the power of fans, whom BIS, compared to several other top games in the market, had never neglected and even gave us the software and models free to make addons, islands, scripts and a website here to talk about it. wink_o.gif

Lets ivade a smal and poor country, and rename it to Flashpointia smile_o.gif

yikes, still no info..

And I thought Ubisoft was bad at the PR thing..

(see gr2 for pc)

please don't let us down like that BIS. Say something... anything. huh.gif

Advertise Arma?...lol!..that would be only icing on the cake!

Look, i am not saying anyone should be loyal to BIS or have blind faith to it or follow herd mentality. If you enjoyed the game, all you need to do to ensure Marek and his team has the funds to continue to do wonders for ofp2 is to HELP sell Arma once it's outs. You wont have to lug a bag of cds and approach everyone. All u need to do is just tell it to 3 persons who dont know about Arma, be it your school friends, collegues, or relatives. Simple isnt it? Here's the facts:-

There are over 33, 000 registered users, at 80% will be around 26,000 users to discount double or multiple nicks.

Day 1 sales:- 26,000 persons. tells it to 3 other persons =

Day 2 sales:- 78,000 "

Day 3 sales:- 234,000 "

Day 4 sales:- 702,000 "

Day 5 sales:- 2,106,000 "

Day 6 sales:- 6,318,000 "

Day 7 sales:- 18,95,400 -

Of course, this is an optimistic projection, but a factual model nevertheless if a marketing team played its cards right based on the marketing 'power of 3' concept. It certainly wont be 18 million copies sold within 7 days as shown here, for there will be several other factors comming into play, but within 3 months is achievable - and the first 26,000 persons listed is just users here, have not even take into account others who are not listed!

Thats the power of fans, whom BIS, compared to several other top games in the market, had never neglected and even gave us the software and models free to make addons, islands, scripts and a website here to talk about it. wink_o.gif

Another great reason why BIS should open their mouth, instead of playing numb

Just to share a further thought with u guys and i may be wrong.

The basic concept of military is teamwork and most important of all in life or death lifestyle of soldiers is Honour.

OFP is the epitome of military tradition. Bis probably has a contractual obligation for xbox and now that it has finally reached the console after so many years of hardwork, there is a contractual obligation honour bound to ensure X amount of cds are sold in order to justify the funds laid out in advance by the publishers, whom BIS has little or no control over.

So can you imagine if ArmA comes out in the heel of Ofp:Elite? Some love xbox versions, some prefer the high horsepower of the PC....what would happen if everyone waits for ArmA's RELEASE DATE and neglect xbox?

Perhaps BIS is caught between a rock and a hard place...so the only solution is to delay the release, run a thorough check on Arma to find for bugs, listen closely to the problems of xbox and then release it to the market.

Hang in there..it wont be long..give em a break wink_o.gif

Edit:-Eizei:-

Quote[/b] ]Those schemes are called pyramid scams for a reason..

Praising something you enjoyed to others is a scam ?? ?? What benefits would you get other than 3 more friends whom you can military-talk to and plan missions or addons together?/

Ok, lets cut a deal. We don`t need an acctuall update as of jet. We`ll settle for 4 more screenshots.

Edit:-Eizei:-
Quote[/b] ]Those schemes are called pyramid scams for a reason..

Praising something you enjoyed to others is a scam ?? ?? What benefits would you get other than 3 more friends whom you can military-talk to and plan missions or addons together?/

It's a scam when people start having unrealistic expectations about everybody getting even one person to buy.

Eizei, u arent making any sense or displaying any logic or rationality to back up your statements.

IF it is a personality conflict, do pm me and keep it private. There's no need to make wild accusations on something anyone can see on xbox, or anyone selling Arma for X dollars here. Please stop discrediting ofp whom we love, enjoyed playing and here to give our support. Nothing personal, cheers.

Eizei, u arent making any sense or displaying any logic or rationality to back up your statements.

IF it is a personality conflict, do pm me and keep it private. There's no need to make wild accusations on something anyone can see on xbox, or anyone selling Arma for X dollars here. Please stop discrediting ofp whom we love, enjoyed playing and here to give our support. Nothing personal, cheers.

Guess I must be the only one who raises eyebrows upon seeing statements like "we will sell over 3 million copies if everyone tells a friend!" crazy_o.gif

By now it should be obvious that BIS is not releasing any information about ArmA right now (maybe because the xbox version is in the critical after-release stage). It is no use complaining about that, cause it won't change a thing as you see. Although there were some hints here and there that we will hear something about ArmA soon enough. So I will stay put and wait ...

How knows what kind of contract binds BIS to Codemasters, related to OFP Elite. huh.gif

This could be the reason why we are getting no info.