Sign in to follow this  
zootso

Release....

I agree that Steam is a silly system because you have to be connected to the internet to play it. I know a few people who are still living in the stoneage times of having a 56k modem and Steam just stops them from playing the latest games (even though HL2 was mainly sold as a single player game).

You only need this connection for the activation. After that, you can run all SP games in the OFFLINE-Mode wink_o.gif

Please, inform yourself about steam, before you say things, which are simply not true.

I don't like having to verify games that have been bought in physical format, however I still like the idea of internet distribution a lot. Weeks of delays between releases in different places is just an invitation to warez the game you know. wink_o.gif

I was looking forward to stalker i was dreamin about ArmA...

Now i have give it all up.....there will be NO ArmA,

they just told us so because the will sale some more ofp goty,

hope im wrong but im never been wrong whistle.gifcrazy_o.gif

they just told us so because the will sale some more ofp goty,

Wow, that made like no sence at all, here have a banana  yay.gif

EDIT: come on guys, just find a hobby, go do something and it will be released before you know it smile_o.gif

OK, I HAVE HAD IT! I come here everyday, seeing the same shit, NOTHING! IM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT, fuck your game. i dont care what reason you have for not releasing any info but i have had it, you can take your freakn game and shuve it up your ass, sick and tired of you asskissers that say "bis has a reason for not releasing any info", yeah they have a reason... they are freakn jerks! ban me from posting, delete my account do whatever the fuck you want, cuz i dont care! I'm so sick of you fans saying that's the best game ever, and that is so real. REALISM MY ASS, there are many arguments for this but i have better things to do than waiste my time argueing with stupid people ...... i was really looking forward for this game! i havent been this excited about a game ever! not for FEAR, not for HALF Life 2 not for any game, but you made me loose my interest, so i dont care if you plan to release it in the year 28957 and release no info, because i have had it! band.gif

hehe... Nicely sayed.. i think when placebo will see that post he will call to "shakal or hitman" for duty biggrin_o.gif But anyway somehow i agree with you even if you sayed so rudely :P

Making fans angry by not giving any new photos/info is worst thing that game developers can do.. This thing of keeping info in "top secret" is very annoying. (this is only my opinion but who cares)

Look at it like this; it gives us all more time to spend playing our beloved OFP before ArmA usurps our hearts.  I know that I'll probably hide OFP somewhere and forget it when ArmA comes out, so I'd get those last joyous gaming moments in while you still can.

ArmA will be a reality - that is a fact.  There's no point bitching about a lack of pics et al. because we know the end result will be better than OFP, which is all that matters.  How much better is a question which could vex some people, but all I can do is counsel patience.  BI know what they're doing.

So keep playing OFP while you still want to!

Plus, I believe notan00b's rant should read like this;

Quote[/b] ]Okay, I HAVE HAD IT! I come here everyday, seeing the same feces; NOTHING! I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR MANURE! To hell with your game. I do not care what reason you have for not releasing any information, but I have had it. You can take your freaking game and shove it up your rear-end. I am sick and tired of you kissers of ass who say "Bohemia Interactive Studios has a valid and logical reason for not releasing any information." Yes. They have a reason. They are freaking Saints! Ban me from posting, then delete my account and do whatever you please, because I do not care! I'm so sick of you fans saying that Operation Flashpoint is the best game ever, and that it is so realistic. REALISM MY ASS! There are many arguments for this line of reasoning but I have better things to do than waste my time arguing with stupid people, such as I have no valid argument to share. I was really looking forward to this game! Why, I haven't been this excited about a game ever! Not out of FEAR, not for HALF my LIFE too, not for any game. But you (dramatically pointing a finger at the B.I. team) made me lose interest, so I don't care if you plan to release it in the year 28957 and release no information (even though we will all be dead), because I have had it!

whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]i have better things to do than waiste my time argueing with stupid people ......

I haven't been keeping up with this thread... but now I know why it was never locked, this stuff is hilarious!

in the past I hated the screenshot-barrage of some games, that were shown you everywhere/time. But now I know the opposite and I would be much happier if we were spammed over and over by arma screenies.

*sighing*

Yeah I'm thinking AA is probably not getting released either. And I think speak for many of us when I say we agree with the guy aboves rant. I can see a number of problems that may interfer with release.

- Elite was just released for the X:Box. Perhaps they don't want to be competeing with their own product on 2 platforms, or maybe that was part of the deal with X:Box, no PC version for the next several weeks.

- Elite reviews - the one's I've read were not so favorable. They said even with the new engine, the game looks quite dated. Not a good sign for a game that is dependent mostly on its new engine with almost no new campaigns or gameplay. Maybe this lead them

to scrap AA all together.

- The fact that AA is just a remake of the same game we've been playing for years, with one new Island. So it has about 20-25% new content. If you were a publisher, and somebody came to you with a game released in 2001, and said they wanted you to publish the same game with and updated engine, would you sign them up, or say next please?

- The window for release is quickly narrowing on AA. If this out at least a few months before Operation Flashpoint 2 is released, there's no point in releasing it at all. OPFP 2 will have the same or better engine, and all new campaigns. Personally, I've waited this long, so frankly, its getting to the point where I'm either going to shell out for BF2 or wait for Flashpoint 2. If its not out by Xmas, I probably won't be buying.

- Off the topic, but a bit puzzling. The moderators on this board seemed to have stopped being thread nazis. It used to be threads like this got locked. Is that telling us that they've eased up, or is that telling us they are busy with otherthings (ie iether finishing up the game, or deseperatley seeking a publisher).

At any rate, I figure somebody could take a few minutes out once a week, and publish a screenshot, or a movie or something, or even a progress report on the games completion. That would be better for fans than the now 2 months of total silence. Is armed assault going to become another Daikatana?

I agree that Steam is a silly system because you have to be connected to the internet to play it. I know a few people who are still living in the stoneage times of having a 56k modem and Steam just stops them from playing the latest games (even though HL2 was mainly sold as a single player game).

You only need this connection for the activation. After that, you can run all SP games in the OFFLINE-Mode wink_o.gif

Please, inform yourself about steam, before you say things, which are simply not true.

I've come to like steam, for its ability to stomp out cheaters. I can't actually remember running across any cheaters in any of the HL2 multiplayer games, and it was cheaters that were ruining HL1 games for me, especially Counter Strike. But steam has some issues in offline mode. I work on ships, and twice when I put out to sea, some steam games I hadn't played in a while, would not Launch for me in offline mode. Let me tell you I really thiought steam sucked when I went left port for six weeks with no possibility of an internet connection, and my steam games would not launch in offline mode. I mean you've paid for something, its on your hard drive, and you already did the authorization process, you've already played the F'n game, yet because you haven't played it lately, and don't have an internet connection at yout disposal your screwed. Still some bugs for valve to work out there.

Just read the new news post (Nov 21) VBS 2 is going to have a booth at I/ITSEC. Could it be possible THAT's one of the reasons for no news on ArmA? Too many projects, not enough time dilators?

- The fact that AA is just a remake of the same game we've been playing for years, with one new Island. So it has about 20-25% new content. If you were a publisher, and somebody came to you with a game released in 2001, and said they wanted you to publish the same game with and updated engine, would you sign them up, or say next please?

If it was BIS, I would say Hell Yes!

If it were EA, I'd say Hell No!

Quote[/b] ]- The fact that AA is just a remake of the same game we've been playing for years, with one new Island. So it has about 20-25% new content. If you were a publisher, and somebody came to you with a game released in 2001, and said they wanted you to publish the same game with and updated engine, would you sign them up, or say next please?

- The window for release is quickly narrowing on AA. If this out at least a few months before Operation Flashpoint 2 is released, there's no point in releasing it at all. OPFP 2 will have the same or better engine, and all new campaigns. Personally, I've waited this long, so frankly, its getting to the point where I'm either going to shell out for BF2 or wait for Flashpoint 2. If its not out by Xmas, I probably won't be buying.

1) Impossible to really judge with the amount of information that has been released.... I would doubt BIS would expect a lot of money for something "so little." But I would pay $30 dollars for another copy of ofp cwc, let alone an updated one with bumpmapping, dx9 support, and JIP.

2) Again, BIS ain't retarted. they will no doubt push OFP2 back if ArAs is as well. DURH!!!!

Caz

Just read the new news post (Nov 21) VBS 2 is going to have a booth at I/ITSEC. Could it be possible THAT's one of the reasons for no news on ArmA? Too many projects, not enough time dilators?

I could be wrong but VBS2 is being produced by BIA and ArmA is being produced by BIS, two seperate groups, so the making of one shouldn't slow the making of the other. As I said I could be wrong.

Hiya all.

I have enjoyed reading the frustrated rants on this thread - hilarious. I take the lack of official material on Armed Assault as a GOOD sign. BIS is not a large team and I interpret the situation as meaning that they are hard at work developing the game rather than producing media marketting.

I prefer to wait and see what the game will look like at release rather than a bunch of "development" screenies that probably have little in common with the finished product.

It is a truism that the longer we wait, the more complete the product will be; fewer bugs and more features. With work on Game2 and support for the Xbox OFP:Elite, it is hardly a suprise that AA is lagging. It is likely that the AA team has duties that cross over into these other obligations.

Until then, keep the ranting up and give your fellow posters a chuckle or two.

rofl.gif This is so funny, someone is either gonna bust a hemroid or have a heart attack rofl.gif

Calm down its just a game. BIS owe you nothing like you owe them nothing. We can speculate till the cows come home, dont mean shit, till we get word from the higher powers of what is true and what is shit. Now if ArmA isnt coming out why is suma asking how we want JIP to be implimented? Now this would lead us to believe that the netcode isnt dont yet, therefor the rest of the game must still WIP, but hey so what? Wasnt like ArmA was revealed 2 years ago. Its only been since E3 THIS year (05) that we learnt about it. Get over it people thats why we still have OFP. What would you be doing if ArmA wasnt revealed and it was just Game2 revealed? Waiting 12-18+ months for that to come and no way that any info would be released for another 6months.

Again calm down. Is it really worth it in the end? Im looking forward to this game, and yes I am getting fustrated at the lack of info, but there is more important things out there than getting pissed off at a GAME developer for not releasing information. Does anyone remeber the development cycle of Falcon 4.0? Well if so then calm down and start complaining after 3+ years of no official statement.

If you want to read some hilarious stuff you should check out the armed assault website and see those people bitching over theres,its very amusing.

Hahhaa its fun to read people bitching rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifbiggrin_o.gif c'mon chill guys , take a cold drink or something, ice cream go out and play in the snow, i dunno tounge2.gif just chill the **** out ! wink_o.gif

Armed assault will be released, just have some patience guys, hey im feeling a need for some new ofp stuff but as long as there is mapfact and others that serves candy from time to time i can wait smile_o.gif