Sign in to follow this  
zootso

Release....

Quote[/b] ]It's doubtful BIS are just sitting on their collective thumbs

I really hope they arnt its there job.

Quote[/b] ]Everything they have said has been positive - "ArmA is getting more like Game 2", "Will have benefits from 'Elite' and 'VBS' " , Etc.

They would say that they have to sell it there not gonna tell you it sucks. How much more like game 2 is there any point in bringing game2 out if ara is gonna be the same pff i doubt it.

Quote[/b] ] You know BIS doesn't think small, and large projects, especially done well, take time. Everything is pointing, IMHO, to more being added to ArmA. I am wholeheartedly trusting that it will be worth it, like the initial release after the demo (remember *that* wait time??) like resistance, ya know: Rev. 1.46 - 1.96?? rofl.gif I have not been dissapointed yet, and not looking to be in the "near" future... Though I am beginning to think of that Ireland comment on the meaning of 'soon' tounge2.gif

I hope your right I just think they are really letting themselves down atm with the lack of information so close I mean if it was months away i could understand it but its not it leads most of us to beleave that there is a chance of delay.

The paying public will soon find another game to spend their well earned cash on if BIS are so pig-headed to make no announcement - either good or bad - about this games present state of production.

Can I ask you what cash did you spend on ArmA?

If it's more than zero, you've been fooled.

We are currently not paying public.

I reserve my money for a good product, not for a release date. I've no info on product quality so far, so I don't reserve my money. Waiting for review, or better, demo (plz BIS).

If you begin to threaten because of missing dates... well, that looks like a spoilt child reaction, tbh.

Quote[/b] ]
they will usually say this too, like "Estimated Release: Q4 2005". That is not a guarantee. That is not a promise.

Yes but usually when they know they won't be able to release in time they inform people before the estimated release date.

So, assuming that BIS are not very defective in the PR dept one is allowed to believe they still think it's very possible that ArmA hits the shelves before 2006, or ... ?

... or they don't know if they can do it in time. possible reason : still no publisher, still in negotiation, restricting possible communications about it.

Well many prolly missed that BF2 : Special Forces is coming out soon ... if i'm BIS i will "unsleash" the advertising campaign after BF2:SF hype falls off ...

but hey ... i'm not marketing guy so what i know right smile_o.gif

Sure a great project takes great time. But there are also a time when you have to say stop, and just say.. Okay.. its done now!

BIS themself stated that the developping time for OFP was too big, and that actually resulted in buggy software. The game can allways become better... But from the latest screenies i hear, and the great netcode of the x-box... lets say: "Bring it on"!

smile_o.gif

Im sure BIS has its reasons, and if they could - they would prolly release all the stuff they had for it. But the Publisher/dev releatonship has to be intact... and the trueth is, a publisher will rather have a "fresh" game, instead of one where they can't decide weather or not to release to the public, simply because the devs allready released it.

Lets wait and see smile_o.gif

Marshal (and several others),

*You seem to have no or very little knowledge of the realitys of life or business.

*You seem to have this totally prepostreous idea that BIS is holding in the info for no good reason at all. They most certainly have a good reason, and that reason is also very likley to be stopping them from saying anything.

Its getting really annoying to see this repeated pissing an mouning for more information and calling annyone with a "voice of reason" for a fanboy. Says quite a bit about the posters mental or factual age... icon_rolleyes.gif

And its also obvious to me that you dont know what your talking about. Im 37 and run my own business so I guess I do know about life and business!

Whatever the reasons, there is nothing stopping BIS making a simple announcement like the following:

Dear OFP Community,

We are writing today to inform you that contrary to our earlier expectations, ArmA will not unfortunately appear in Q4 2005. We need just a little more time to finish the game which is almost complete - we will post more information soon.

Now then, whats wrong with that? It tells the fans here that the Q4 date is incorrect and that they need more time to finish the game - thats all we need to hear.

So you think were juvenile for requesting to know why were not seeing any more information or screenshots on this game that is supposed to be out within the next month? How do you come to that assumption? We have a right to know whats happening with the game. Your talking about us not knowing anything about how to run a business - well Ill tell you this, if it were my business I would let my fans know whats happening with a product that they are obviously desperately waiting for and I would fully explain to them why there is a lack of information or screenshots - why would any company just completely close ranks and say nothing?

Quote[/b] ]Quote (Marshal @ Nov. 14 2005,18:56)

The paying public will soon find another game to spend their well earned cash on if BIS are so pig-headed to make no announcement - either good or bad - about this games present state of production.

Whisper Said: Can I ask you what cash did you spend on ArmA?

If it's more than zero, you've been fooled.

We are currently not paying public.

I reserve my money for a good product, not for a release date. I've no info on product quality so far, so I don't reserve my money. Waiting for review, or better, demo (plz BIS).

If you begin to threaten because of missing dates... well, that looks like a spoilt child reaction, tbh.

Youve misquoted what I meant. My point is that people will spend the money on other FPS's if they cannot get any information about a game that is supposed to be hitting the shelves before christmas. Money burns holes in gamesplayers pockets - If a game doesnt come out then usually most will look at the reviews and see the next best thing. I also picked up PC Zone today and there are several FPS's coming out in the next couple of months that look absolutely jaw dropping, if people here believe that maybe BIS are holding back until the new BF2 addon pack is released next Friday, then maybe they havent looked at the releases coming out in the next few months.

How long do you think BIS should wait for release to make sure that there is no competition to compete with their new game?

Compare this fiasco with the release of Peter Jackson's King Kong. Everyone is expecting it to be released on December 15th. What if it werent released and Peter Jackson didnt bother telling the audience why? Do you think that would be acceptable too?

Did you know that the anagram of Armed Assault is

U R MAD ASS LATE

HAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAhAHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!

rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifnotworthy.gif

HAHA!

Hauk

Whatever the reasons, there is nothing stopping BIS making a simple announcement like the following:

Dear OFP Community,

We are writing today to inform you that contrary to our earlier expectations, ArmA will not unfortunately appear in Q4 2005. We need just a little more time to finish the game which is almost complete - we will post more information soon.

Now then, whats wrong with that? It tells the fans here that the Q4 date is incorrect and that they need more time to finish the game - thats all we need to hear.

I 100% agree with you there, I just need to know that it's a progress at this project and that they are still alive. I have no need for info about ArmA or pictures, only what I said just now. If you won't make this year, fine, but at least tell us that.

i hope the new page will launch soon, than i think we will get new information about ArmA.

BIS finished the release of OFP:Elite, so the launch of the new page can't be so far. smile_o.gif

Dear OFP Community,

and who is saying that they won't release it in Q4 of this year? You got nothing to stand on. You are telling bullshit. The game can come out in december easely. So their is no reason they have to tell that...

Yes they aren't giving information away, but did you even consider they perhaps cannot tell anything? Gamecontracts are quite complicated... If you run your own business, you know you cannot break a contract that easely...

and who is saying that they won't release it in Q4 of this year? You got nothing to stand on. You are telling bullshit. The game can come out in december easely. So their is no reason they have to tell that...

Yes they aren't giving information away, but did you even consider they perhaps cannot tell anything? Gamecontracts are quite complicated... If you run your own business, you know you cannot break a contract that easely...

I think that fourty five days to print and distribute tens of thousands of copies from a game AND get the publicity to sell it is rather.. small

The only reason a publisher wouln't tell anything would be because they are also going to publish a game that deals with war... EA?

The ammount of free time the Bis devs spend on the forum (OFP:e section, chezh section) seems to say otherwise, but who knows.

right now, i would be happy with a "Sorry guys, we can´t tell you anything at the moment" from the mouth of BIS! confused_o.gif

edit: PLEASE!!! sad_o.gif

If it ain't printing right now it ain't coming this year. I have yet to see anybody miss the chance of getting some free advertising by announcing the game going gold.

Dear OFP Community,

I guess your post is your so called "bullshit", which won't qualify you as a serious person...

You can't press, advertise and take the game to stores in less than one month. The game can't come out in december easily, and if it "hardly" does, it won't bring in a large amount of money, because a lack of advertisment.

But anyway, marshall is completly right. This one tiny text would at least last for one month or so. You see what's happening in this forum at the moment. confused_o.gif

VERY low morale...... sad_o.gif

I`ve got just the thing to raise the morale! Lets all hold hands and sing (with a really high, squealing, crybaby voice)!

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> Honestly (Stryper)

Honestly, I believe in you

Do you trust in me

Patiently, I will stand by you

I will stand beside you faithfully

And through the years

I will be a friend

For always and forever

Call on me and I'll be there for you

I'm a friend who always will be true

And I love you can't you see

That I can say I love you honestly

Call on me and I'll be there for you

I'm a friend who always will be true

That I love you honestly

I will never betray your trust in me

That I can say I love you honestly

Please, at least update the ArmA site with some info. If you guys from BIS wanna say nothing here direct to us, say something on the website. And I agree 100% with Marshall says !

Quote[/b] ]

So you think were juvenile for requesting to know why were not seeing any more information or screenshots on this game that is supposed to be out within the next month? How do you come to that assumption? We have a right to know whats happening with the game. Your talking about us not knowing anything about how to run a business - well Ill tell you this, if it were my business I would let my fans know whats happening with a product that they are obviously desperately waiting for and I would fully explain to them why there is a lack of information or screenshots - why would any company just completely close ranks and say nothing?

We don't have the right to anything in this regard, thats where you are wrong. They have no obligation whatsoever to tell us one single thing. It might be considered good PR to do so, but they are under no obligations to do it.

Beside, you still seem to ignore the fact that they might be acctually hindered to say anything for a number of reasons. As a bussiness owner, you surly must know that is not an unusual situation.

It is not unusual for a situation to be better to say nothing then to say something and have to go back on it.

Quote[/b] ]

We don't have the right to anything in this regard, thats where you are wrong. They have no obligation whatsoever to tell us one single thing. It might be considered good PR to do so, but they are under no obligations to do it.

Beside, you still seem to ignore the fact that they might be acctually hindered to say anything for a number of reasons. As a bussiness owner, you surly must know that is not an unusual situation.

It is not unusual for a situation to be better to say nothing then to say something and have to go back on it.

aaach.

We are here at the ARMA, nobody cares about the stuff in this forum , except us (OFP-Fans).

And I think there is an GREAT obligation to give us infos.

EDIT: after reading my post again, I decided to add this: biggrin_o.gif

You can start talking about obligations once we have bought ArmA, not befor.