Sign in to follow this  
zootso

Release....

Seems like ARMA has found his publisher!

GamersHell <- look @ publisher! rofl.gif

that could only be a mistake!

Never heard of this one. But its "300 Arcade Games" sound like a good offer. yay.gif

edit: All clear. gamershell mixed it up obviously. Look, what I've found googling:

"Patton - Armed Assault"

http://www.dealtime.com/xPC-Cosmi_COSMI_Patton_Armed_Assault_Windows

Chasing rumour after speculation eh?

Quote[/b] ] 'Trying to understand is like straining through muddy water. Be still and allow the mud to settle.' - Lao Tzu 6th Century B.C.

Think about it. wink_o.gif

based on what?  Facts?

ade_mcc

biggrin_o.gif no, it's just my h opinion, based on tactics used by other software companies.. wink_o.gif lets face it: look at the screenshots published officially by bis: there aren't many differences between them, and if you know (i know smile_o.gif ) that at least one person affiliated with bis is working on ofp2/next gen.pc/whatever it's called game only, theoretically you have the answer... ([edit]which is actually very sad[/edit]) if arma = VBS1 it will not be rel. -without any major update to VBS bis will never release anything which is almost the same but for less money -it's obvious.... personally I think that there will be two new games next year: 1st VBS2, then OFP2, both based on the same engine.....

all right -cheers -roger and over  goodnight.gif  wink_o.gif

wmk,

Good thing for you this forum isn't like the Wild West in which case you'd be rolling in tar right now on your way to a appointment with a big pile of feathers.....

nener.gif

This is my official request for an official statement about the release date of Armed Assault. I`ll report this post to the moderators myself and hope we get some info. huh.gif

*sigh* How many times do we need to tell you - BIS will announce a release date when BIS are ready to.

It's great to see the level of community enthusiasm, but really, constantly needling and harrassing them for info won't make it happen any sooner. wink_o.gif

if arma = VBS1 it will not be rel. -without any major update to VBS bis will never release anything which is almost the same but for less money -it's obvious.... personally I think that there will be two new games next year: 1st VBS2, then OFP2, both based on the same engine.....

Hmm, seems very doubtfull to me, sry.

Goes more like this imo:

Currently there's OPF:R and VBS1, both sharing the same engine with VBS1 slightly optimised and tweaked but still the same tech.

Coming next is OPF:E (xbox), same game but on a much improved and optimised engine, performance, lighting and shadows, colision detection, a.i. etc.

A much better and improved engine version by far.

The near future = Armed Assault and VBS2, both taking advantage of an improved engine, fruit of the hard labor and glorious achievement of enhancing and making Flashpoint run smooth and look better on a outdated and weak console system.

Armed Assault being a comercial, home entertaining, software product including OPF:R and new content.

VBS2 being what VBS1 was to OPF:

Quote[/b] ]VBS1 was therefore developed as the military alternative to OFP (OFP is licensed only for entertainment). BIA was given the task of converting the product

Both will problably not only take advantage of the improvements made for the xbox version but also current or recent PC HW.

Last in the far future comes "Game2", a whole new next generation graphics engine, a whole new game with new features.

I think your mistake was throwing vbs into the mix, VBS1 is not a home entertainment product, it takes advantage of available technology and is tailored and licensed for military use with BIA creating specific material on client demand.

This is my perception of things to come, ofcourse nothing is definite but it seems to be what BIS is planning to achieve smile_o.gif .

Usually im never wrong, really whistle.gif .

*sigh* How many times do we need to tell you - BIS will announce a release date when BIS are ready to.

It's great to see the level of community enthusiasm, but really, constantly needling and harrassing them for info won't make it happen any sooner.  wink_o.gif

Show a monkey the banana locked in the cage, he's gonna ask when the doors will open until he knows.

I predict ArmA Coming in Q1 of 06, and I predict OFP2 coming spring of 06.

Who wants to bet. I put down $10 any takers?

Spring 2006 for OFP2? As in codemaster's release or NextGen Game? Because there sure as hell ain't anyway nextgen is gonna be released until at LEAST late next year. However, I totally agree with your guess on ArAs in Q1 2k6... but I still think that they could do a (still) strong release @ around christmas because the game looks quite complete already....

Although since we do not know who the publisher is (or even if they have chosen one), we cannot make any real firm predictions, nor do I think we should. Just keep checking up on the forums and wait for news. No point begging the zookeeper, as a previous anology stated - he ain't gonna open it until it's time to be free nener.gif

Caz

(I sure as hell wish he would toss us a piece once in a while wink_o.gifpistols.gif )

I`ll report this post to the moderators myself and hope we get some info. huh.gif

Please do not misuse the "report post to moderator function", it's to be used only when there is a rule breaking type problem on the forums smile_o.gif

Dont worry, ArmA will be out... hopefully this year or very early next year :-)

I know they have over 10 people working on ArmA right now in Pragh, while the OFP2 team is stationed elsewhere in Czech.

@ Placebo

I have to say sorry for this misbehavior, but it`s about time to get some info. notworthy.gif

team witch worked on OFP Xbox is moved on ARMA - Q4 2004 is really possible deadline yay.gif

Good gift from BIS to Community MERRY XMAS xmas_o.gif

team witch worked on OFP Xbox is moved on ARMA - Q4 2004 is really possible deadline yay.gif

Sorry, I just couldn't resist biggrin_o.gif

They won't make that deadline unless they have a time machine wink_o.gif

I said it almost a month ago and I say it again.. the christmas release date is for those truly optimistic.

Is it bad to dream about flashpoint when you have been in iraq for about a year and havent played it that long? I mean....all i do is get on the forums everyday and look at the new pics coming out.... I wont lie...im a feen. They could come out with AA mid next year for all i care. Just keep the screenies coming. Im feening here! Im stuck here watching this bum aZZ BF2 player and it's killing me!

when bis said the 4th quarter im starting to think they meant the 4th quarter of the finacial year sad_o.gif

4TH QTR Army Fiscal Year? Haha who cares...give me more screenies and two or three bomb A55 vidoes!

[...]I think your mistake was throwing vbs into the mix, VBS1 is not a home entertainment product, it takes advantage of available technology and is tailored and licensed for military use with BIA creating specific material on client demand.

This is my perception of things to come, ofcourse nothing is definite but it seems to be what BIS is planning to achieve smile_o.gif .

Usually im never wrong, really whistle.gif .

hehe will see will see.. biggrin_o.gif

(but maybe you are right -in this case it would be good but not great...(=no xmas this year..))

[edit](btw you didn't convince me because we already know from modmakers working on VBS1 mods and cooperating with BIA that Arma = VBS1, so...)[/edit]

@SpecOp9

me $10 for VBS2 in mid 2006 and OFP2 in Q3 2006  biggrin_o.gif

who will gonna be a banker? smile_o.gif (->Placebo..?) biggrin_o.gif

[edit](btw you didn't convince me because we already know from modmakers working on VBS1 mods and cooperating with BIA that Arma = VBS1, so...)[/edit]

Good lord, no crazy_o.gif , re-read my previous post please. If that was the case we would be better off with xbox OPF:elite.

I think you are confused, its probable that both the comercial ARMA game and future VBS2 product will utilise the same technology but they are distinct products with completely diferent purposes wink_o.gif .

maybe...

btw please don't take me worng: I dont' want to discuss here just for prove that I'm right because (for example) I'm insane or have some other problems biggrin_o.gif -but only because I have one problem now: to buy VBS1 now or to wait to the end of the year or more for Arma[edit]or OFP2[/edit]..... (why to go with VBS..? --it's a different story...)

(and I'm a pessimist as you probably already know  wink_o.gif

Well, after watching user made VBS1 movies and OPF elite ones with all the engine gameplay and graphics improvements i think patience would be rewarded regarding future OPF and VBS versions but we are leading this off topic wink_o.gif .

Im done speculating ARMA's release now too, i just hope the new website will be up soon with new pics and info smile_o.gif .