Sign in to follow this  
zootso

Release....

Just to add to the speculation, maybe the 'technical reason' to postpone the Flashnews is an annoucement of the ArmA release whistle.gifwink_o.gif

I rekon Arma will be out by Xmas. BIS are propley taking some time off after getting hammered for getting rid of OFP: E.

A little information would be good if its not comming this year, Im sure Bis would tell us if it wasnt so I guess its still q4.

Lack of advertisment and an exact date does puzzle me though with it being so close.

Ok ok let me try a date... hmm (Cant we have somecind of lottery on this?) 21th January ?  thumbs-up.gifinlove.gif

hey thats my birthday! confused_o.gif

Well BIS is only game maker i know who dont keep any contact to fans. They show news 2 times in a year, they do not tell whole features etc.. If everything will be only like *secret/surprise* stuff it will become very unliked.

I think it will either november or decembr release smile_o.gif

they are probably putting down the last pieces of the puzzle in still and polishing like crazy , making the cd cover and keeping in touch with a publisher or searching for one? maybe they are just waiting for the rigth moment like christmas when many games are sold xmas_o.gif

just play the waiting game for now.. wink_o.gif

I also doubt ARMA will come out this year, it would hurt OFP Elite's sales badly biggrin_o.gif .

I really don´t see it that way, only thing that is going to hurt Elite´s sales are BF 2 to xbox which is going to be released 3 days before Elite, and that might hurt big time.

After a careful consideration, I dare to post a humble opinion which kind of crossed my mind:

Any day when new Bohemia game is released is a birthday to all of us.

I sure hope that ArmA is out due christmas. No better gift for us, Mr. Spanel(s)!

Thank you for wasting your time reading this meaningless post! rofl.gif

Just to add to the speculation, maybe the 'technical reason' to postpone the Flashnews is an annoucement of the ArmA release whistle.gifwink_o.gif

Maybe just maybe... not wow_o.gif

@ Oct. 18 2005,18:31)]
I also doubt ARMA will come out this year, it would hurt OFP Elite's sales badly biggrin_o.gif .

I really don´t see it that way, only thing that is going to hurt Elite´s sales are BF 2 to xbox which is going to be released 3 days before Elite, and that might hurt big time.

Thats positive and i dont know if OPF:E will represent much competition to BF2 but its probable that many people who played and liked OPF on the PC 4 years ago might wanna buy it for xbox to see what its like and the improvements BIS made. These wouldnt consider it if ARMA was to be released simultaniously. I am curious about elite but i dont console, i dont consider consoling and i have already played 85 and resistance campaigns plenty of times, i would definetly buy it if i had an xbox though but im interested in ARMA 1000 times more smile_o.gif .

Could it be that BIS is going to wait and see how OFP-Elite sells on X-Box before they give a specific release date?

Just as an argument in publisher negotiations... pistols.gif

Could it be that BIS is going to wait and see how OFP-Elite sells on X-Box before they give a specific release date?

Just as an argument in publisher negotiations...  pistols.gif

I think: NO. There is no reason.

Quote[/b] ]Well BIS is only game maker i know who dont keep any contact to fans. They show news 2 times in a year, they do not tell whole features etc.. If everything will be only like *secret/surprise* stuff it will become very unliked.

I dont think thats quite fair, if i've understood you correctly.

Plenty of gamers from different game communities are moaning at any one time about the lack of progress or updates.

off the top of my head, STALKER, Prey, FEAR, DNF to name but 4, have all recently unrest in there forums from fans demanding news/progression.

Is it a bad thing? No, of course not.

Cant we just wait and see? Is the concept of suprise too much these days?

I think: NO. There is no reason.

well i´m not into publishing strategies, but i think the average publisher does have their very own release politics/schedules, so maybe a fixed release date would be their decision or at least be a matter of negotiations...

We don´t know if they have a deal with any publisher, be it codies or any other, by now. i think they would go public with that if they could.

Cosmi ?!?

Can't be right, unless they are looking to branch out from top titles such as 'Texas Holdem Pro Tour Poker' and 'Championship MahJongg Deluxe'.

Bizzare

a publisher who published a 300 Arcade Game ? goodnight.gif

but seriously, I'm afraid that there will be no game called Arma.. -it seems to me that BIS is going to develop OFP2 only and release it in 2006....  

BTW, in case it have not been published before:

http://www.geocities.com/pageunavailable/a2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/pageunavailable/a3.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/pageunavailable/a5.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/pageunavailable/a6.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/pageunavailable/a7.jpg

-those are OFP2 pics, not Arma, and I know that BIS team is currently working on OFP2 with few freelancers, so.......

(but I can be wrong of course wink_o.gif and maybe  xmas_o.gif will give me something what would help me save the money -otherwise I will spent $$$$ on VBS  confused_o.gif (or even $$$$$$ ) biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]but seriously, I'm afraid that there will be no game called Arma.. -it seems to me that BIS is going to develop OFP2 only and release it in 2006....

based on what? Facts?

@wmk

So you think bIS is cheating us? huh.gif

Maybe using the "silence tactic" to keep us wired to ofpR 'till next generation game?? rofl.gifrofl.gif

C'mon.....

klavan