Sign in to follow this  
jeffb

Newbie to site

Hi,

I a newbie to the site, and i am after some help.

I want to do OFP in a African scene. I have BAS Tonal island with patches and African militia.

Is there any other African addons available, ie African Buildings, wildlife etc.

Also how do i create my own pbo files? I have a load of African airforce roundels to convert.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi Jeff, and welcome!

I don't know of any African addons, but since you're new I'm going to assume that you don't know about Ofpbase.com, Ofp.info, or

Ofpec.com.

These are great resource sites that have hosted addons and tutorials for you to get started with!

Good luck!

Abs

Not that i know of, There are some Aghanistan Islands which could be passed off as one of the African countrys in the north sahara. smile_o.gif

Well, depends the part of africa that do you want, for example tonal is eastern africa.

And colonial war mod was western africa (tropical and selvatic) (was the first MIG mod):

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/cwm/PCWDemo1.0.zip

don't forget bimbis African militia pack (had a texture bug) but is nice.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3675

about the animals, only have the domestic animals pack made also by MIG:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=7131

for personal weapons I prefer the vilas packs, are the most comple.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/vilas/index_eng.html

and now I need help if anyone knows if are a cuban pack, osamex begin one but no news since the first and the last notice:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8108

thanks

I assume you are interested in Sub-Saharan Africa? Otherwise DMA Libya is definitely one of the best.

Eritrea vs. Ethiopia sure would be interesting.

Lost Brother's Sinai is also located in north Africa IIRC wink_o.gif

For buildings check from time to time the link in my signature,

though real life cought me lately that much that i couldn't

make too much progress from the latest screenshots yet.

But the project will not die - it's just been on hold for 1 or 2

months.

~S~ CD

one of the best is not yet mentioned

BAS TONAL its a small african island with rebels and government troops and even some mercs (BAS TSF pack)

search for them on www.ofp.info

one of the best is not yet mentioned, BAS TONAL, its a small african island with rebels and government troops and even some mercs (BAS TSF pack)

Actually, jeffb mentioned Tonal in his initial post.

In terms of buildings, the Tonal pack comes with BAS_O.pbo which contains all buildings/textures used on the Tonal Isles.

Cap.

I believe Tonal island and its pack are sufficent enough. BAS cleverly made Tonal island to represent several parts of Africa from the northern plain african deserts, to densly populated urbran desert areas, sub tropical and tropical jungle areas its just sprawled across the whole island i.e. south west i think is meant to be subtropical, north west is meant to be a topical climate, the north is generally open desert and the east is north/north east african urban coallation.

I believe Tonal island and its pack are sufficent enough. BAS cleverly made Tonal island to represent several parts of Africa from the northern plain african deserts, to densly populated urbran desert areas, sub tropical and tropical jungle areas its just sprawled across the whole island i.e. south west i think is meant to be subtropical, north west is meant to be a topical climate, the north is generally open desert and the east is north/north east african urban coallation.

Yes, DMA's Libya has all of this, and is more up-to-date. I prefer the vegetation especially thumbs-up.gif

C'mon people! banghead.gif

www.bushfires.org

That is a mod for South Africa, it's covering a range of things. A demo is still to be released but it's shaping up nicely.

C'mon people! banghead.gif

www.bushfires.org

That is a mod for South Africa, it's covering a range of things. A demo is still to be released but it's shaping up nicely.

Not very useful considering nothing's been released yet wink_o.gif

Yes, DMA's Libya has all of this, and is more up-to-date. I prefer the vegetation especially   thumbs-up.gif

True, it has all the above mentioned parts, and is damn good looking, but it feels middle eastern, not African. If you want an African feel, Tonal, as old and outdated as it now is, is really the only true option. The others either feel more middle eastern of just tropical.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the info.

Much appreciated.

Jeff

Yes, DMA's Libya has all of this, and is more up-to-date. I prefer the vegetation especially thumbs-up.gif

True, it has all the above mentioned parts, and is damn good looking, but it feels middle eastern, not African. If you want an African feel, Tonal, as old and outdated as it now is, is really the only true option. The others either feel more middle eastern of just tropical.

Well, not really. DMA Libya, as the name suggests, is modelled on Libya, and does a good job of simulating North Africa, but different areas of the map can be used to represent different parts of Africa. There are deserts, jungles, third world-esque towns, plains, the lot thumbs-up.gif

Quote[/b] ]Not very useful considering nothing's been released yet wink_o.gif

huh.gif Well these things do take time and patience banghead.gif

tounge2.gif