Sign in to follow this  
DracoPaladore

Any word on Northstar

Has anyone seen or heard any activity on the Operation Northstar team? A long time ago I recall them saying they're working on it. But it seems like I'm going to be off playing an Infanteer for real than playing with them in OFP.

Every time someone asks what happened to northstar one of their members comes along and says there not. banghead.gif

Hey.

I just know Powerslide from the team. He comes to these forums once in a while. As far as any activity, I haven't heard of anything since the forums went down.

Mind you, perhaps Blink and Sigma are doing something...I dunno.

Abs

I think they'll come back with AA (maybe) smile_o.gif

Once the new EECP is released that supports JAM and CAVS, I will prob do new configs for the existing ONS stuff that will fit in with this - but I'd need the all-clear from Powerslide first.

I've always had a soft spot for Maple Leaf Military - ONS sure did some great work!!!

TP

Do you have his contact info? He's only on MSN once in a while. If you don't have it, I can ask him for you.

Abs

We chat once in a while on MSN smile_o.gif

He was pleased to see someone putting in some nice Gryphon shots in the photography thread biggrin_o.gif

TP

I'm still using their up-armored M113 and I think they were the first who made an Lav-25(or Coyote) for Ofp. smile_o.gif

Would be nice if they'll be back with ArmA.

Hey fellas, still around. Well I don't know what to say, there was some things going on behind the scenes and we quit working on the mod kind of, but those "things" never materialized as they should have. I am working on some other projects right now, and Sigma is doing his own thing. We may pick it up again soon.

Really? I guess that's good news. I've sent a couple messages via the "Contact" page on the website, but I never get any response. So sad. And I remember, just over a year ago I was all pumped and ready for the CF-18 that ONS was apparently building (btw, I'll still do some beta for you if you get rolling again and need it). Anyway, if it lifts your spirits, I'm working on a mission using ONS addons.  biggrin_o.gif

Hey Power, I just noticed today that there's a panel on both sides of the Griffon that have the fear factor logo on them.

Big fan? tounge2.gif

Hey powerslide why cant you fix the ONS forums and stop being gay like ACU?

tounge2.gif

I have that old LSVW model i was working on... im sure i can fix it up, if you guys want it. smile_o.gif

mmm, Armed Arse ONS(onoes) units.

seriously though, what are these units i dont have a clue, whats ONS for example?

edit- spelling

Hopefully you guys can pick up the mod once again soon. I was really looking forward to updated troopers to go along with the rest of the modding community. I thought about trying to make one of my own by skinning oneo f those inernational soldier model thing,s but I just plain suck at the whole modding thing :P

Well, we actually do have a wide selection of new material that's unreleased. Troops, trucks (LSVW and MLVW, as well as a redone Iltis that includes a recce version with a C6 in the passenger seat), but I'm not sure when/if that stuff is going to make it out into OFP. I use it all the time, personally. . .

wink_o.gif

As a fellow Canadian, I would like to say the following in regards to your latest comments on the existence and functionality of new Canadian units, Sigma6:

You dirty bastard.

Well, we actually do have a wide selection of new material that's unreleased. Troops, trucks (LSVW and MLVW, as well as a redone Iltis that includes a recce version with a C6 in the passenger seat), but I'm not sure when/if that stuff is going to make it out into OFP. I use it all the time, personally. . .

wink_o.gif

this has always baffled me about guys who build or modify stuff for their "personal" use....what is the point huh.gif can't playing with...is yourself be that entertaining??...I'm not pokin fun at you Sigma...I notice it ALOT especially in the general photo forum...guys having modified addons...for "personal use"...just seems kind odd..my 2 cents...

Some people just couldn't be bothered or fail to get permission from addon makers whose work they've used, others aren't satisfied with their efforts (like me), a very small minority are selfish and quite a lot don't have the time to get it up to scratch.

I love making missions with modified stuff though. I've never liked playing MP with stuff I consider either obsolete or unrealistic, and most people won't stuff their addon folders with my 2GB of modified stuff, so single-player is my fave option.

Plus most of the stuff I modify wouldn't last 20 seconds in the public world it's so bad (I can't edit p3d's).

this has always baffled me about guys who build or modify stuff for their "personal" use....what is the point huh.gif

He didn't say that it is for personal use, just that it hasn't been released yet. Even addonmakers that make good addons these days get yelled at, so why would anyone even consider releasing something that is in beta stage when it isn't completed yet ....what is the point? goodnight.gif

Well, we actually do have a wide selection of new material that's unreleased. Troops, trucks (LSVW and MLVW, as well as a redone Iltis...

Are these things you had started but not finnished when the mod went down a few years (?) back? Or have you been working on ONS quiet recently (since those October posts in first page)?

Yea, those are the ones he's talking about, Hotshot. There are no new revamped models after those ones.

Abs

Edit: For a few screens on what one of the trucks looks like, click here.

-DELETED- (by me. . . not a moderator)