Sign in to follow this  
Jinef

Zeus Gaming Nights

Well, making mod folders has neer been a problem.

The thing is that i can´t run wgl5 and zcommon together; as I said, running OFP with either one of them works

fine but not with this parameter: -nosplash -nomap -mod=@wgl5;@zcommon.

That´s why i started checking in case i was running duplicate pbo´s and i found

some files that were existant in both the wgl5 and zcommon folders.

The duplicate pbo´s are:

baracken.pbo

bn_tracer.pbo

editorupgrade102.pbo (different file sizes though)

usmcsymbols.pbo

I might have missed one or two but i think those are all.

I was just wondering if that was the problem..

About the TS problem, I dont know if it happens all the time on my computer.

One thing I could do is install OFP + modfolders to my brothers computer and try there.

He has a mic too and has never had any soundproblems. That will be my last resort i think.

In any case, presuming i get things to work, i look forward to playing with you..

You have no other option but to try to disable duplicate addons for a while in @zcommon or @wgl5, dunno which pack has a priority on a Zeus, well chek if you can start both after this.

Also investigate if you have any unnoficial addons loaded in

1. Ofp/Addons or

2. Ofp/Res/Addons

Disable 1 if present. You don't need it on Zeus

Investigate 2. Only original game pbo's should stay there, they are:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

6G30.pbo

ABox.pbo

Apac.pbo

Bizon.pbo

BMP2.pbo

Brmd.pbo

ch47.pbo

Flags.pbo

G36a.pbo

humr.pbo

Hunter.pbo

KOLO.PBO

kozl.pbo

LaserGuided.pbo

M2A2.pbo

MINI.PBO

Mm-1.pbo

Noe.pbo

O.pbo

oh58.pbo

O_WP.PBO

Steyr.pbo

su25.pbo

trab.pbo

vulcan.pbo

XMS.pbo

@king tubby

there should be no problems running wgl5 and zcommon together

you say you got a no entry config error of some sort ?

can you run wgl5 and zcommmon and actually write it down or screenshot it as this may help a lot locating your "wrong doings"

and wrong doings IS what you are doing

there is no problems running the duplicate addons in both mods..

well there is in certain missions but thats one of the reasons zeus server has starting using equalmod required as people that loaded zcommon before wgl5 would crash on certain missions that used editorupdate102.

try what algrab says and clean any "shite"(none official addons) out of you normal addons folders and try again

Ok, i got it to work now.

I was in fact running some non-official addons from the res/addons folder (I got lazy and put JAM and some others there).

I´ll test my TS also and log on to the server if anyone´s on. I can´t say anything but i´ll see if i can hear anyone.

EDIT:

Got on TS now and i can hear things perfectly. Just hoping it works in-game too.

yer

well... meet on server and ts at 20:00 game starts 20:10

not there by 10 past the hour = you gots to wait till next games starts..first mission will/should NOT be a long one

IRC log removed by Moderator.

The extract I posted was from the official channel of OFP-Zeus and was showing several zeus members and affiliates chatting random shit.

It was not representative of the entire OFP-Zeus community. It was however representative of one aspect of the Zeus community, the IRC channel.

I am not happy.

Do not post such things in here, it's spam, offtopic and represents you, not what Zeus is about.

Well, i must say i enjoyed myself playing on Zeus despite a few runaway humvees and what not..

Unfortunatly i got major lag at some points in the game which resulted in everyone

freezing up, making it impossible for me to follow. So, sorry if i was just sitting there; it was the lag.

Didn´t have a mic either, i´ll try getting one for next time though. I was on TS all the time so at least i could hear everyone.

I will join up again on Sunday. I do remember reading somewhere that you were using a different mod/addonpack then.

Is that right?

Gentlemen,

will you be playing tonight, as per usual? Now that I have some spare time on my hands, I would definitely like to hop in a game with you fellows. The AAR's that have been posted in this thread sure sound like fun. I have all the necessary addons and I got TS to work, so I'm ready to follow orders smile_o.gif

Regards,

X.

Great game on thursday. Unfortunatly I was standing next to the bradley in the 2nd town when it exploded, so didn't survive the mission  wink_o.gif

Heres a few screens I took:

wgl1vs1.jpg

wgl2kj2.jpg

I will join up again on Sunday. I do remember reading somewhere that you were using a different mod/addonpack then.

Is that right?

It is Saturday night same mod same time hope you get this in time rofl.gif

It wasn't so pinky as you are saying. I must say, that a lot changed in myself since I played with ZEUS last time. I know a lot of problems are due public type of game, but there was plenty of unneeded chaos.

For me markers on map are bad idea, as it makes it more chaotic. CO/TL gives FUP and everyone runds there in some lunatic mood. Some of time everyone (i guess) looks at map, not at terrain. Still people lost themselves in area.

On the beginning there was two teams. Both started in one place. Plenty people, everyone start to run. There was two FUPs marked, but everyone went to only one FUP. No real split of teams. When some run to beach, some stopped at the trees. Not splitted by teams but... by accident.

Then next FUP in town. Different marked on map, MUCH different in 'reality'.

And then driving cars, when some driver were lost. Maybe only ZEUSes and good known friends should drive cars / other vehicles?

Then pvp mission. Mistake during reading breifing. My squad was lost (that was what is suspected, but I was no CO, and I really did not want to argue, specially in English, which is not too well).

Thanks for playing with you, guys, you are very good mates. It was lesson for us, that our direction is good for us. We are very open (I think) for new members and publics (in small amount per one mission), but very strict what we expect from players. I think we are something between ZEUS (flexibility and freedom of fighting if needed, we have no leader and ranks) and RAAB (strict formations during marches, strict orders, ability to wait for long time).

Personally I think you should start to organize your marches as unit (formation, arcs, scouts). This will give a lot of organization and will be a basis for more organized fighting. But please, do not think I have my nose in skies, I really do not. But I was 'rised' in opinion, that ZEUSes are the best trademark in OFP world and I would like to see you better and better. And yes, I think CFOG (my group) is great, but it was really hard work of all of us and we still working and trying to optimize more and more.

Regards

Grey aka Shinbusan

well grey..

i have to say that thursday night on zeus wasn't really representative of a regular zeus night at all..

in fact i'd go so far to say as that was the worst nights ofp gaming ive ever had due to various factor's(i'd rather have played cs with a load of 13 year old hackers with personality disorders)

the first mission didn't really get off to a good start as no one really did what they where told and kind of just did there own thing...

Quote[/b] ]Then pvp mission. Mistake during reading breifing. My squad was lost (that was what is suspected, but I was no CO, and I really did not want to argue, specially in English, which is not too well).

well i was CO of that mission and i was dragged into the slot so had no choice..

also everyone apart from simon and hellwig was new to zeus server...

i spent most of the breifing stage trying to organize people into the correct channels on teamspeak..

when asked who was leading squads NOONE spoke up apart from simon and beast(hellwig pissed me off at this point as when the mission started i found out he was leading a squad..he knows better..)

wightpants who is a a RL m8 and total ofp noob i kept near me so i could guide him.

so basically the only thing i could plan/do was keep me,simon and pants to hold the town and quite litterally order the rest of you to FUCK OFF AND DO YOUR OWN THING as i didn't even know who the rest of you where...

another annoying thing was you and your m8's constantly talking in polish on teamspeak...i appreciate that english isn't your first language and that some of your m8's may not even speak english well if at all.. but please in future set up a wisper to each other...

after sitting watching an enemy sniper looking at us for about 5 minutes (none of the AI would target him) he eventually shot me

i then respawned and no longer had any input to the game at all

my mouse stopped working none of my keyboard would repsond

i basically had to quit the ctrl alt del and end task on ofp

i then popped into wests ts channel where they where having a great time (all organised and communicating with each other)its no wonder they refused to end the shitty mission when i requested)

basically grey i'm appaulled you can blame that shit arsed shambles on the CO..

dbl-dutch got a small taste of what i had to go thru on the next mission when he was expected to CO an A&D with i beleive only one of his team on teamspeak..

basically all zeus regs ganged up on one team against a team full of people who had no idea of zeus gameplay style in both PVP missions leaving the CO's of those teams with a shitty futile job to try and do..

in future i suggest people dont just go on a team with their m8's but mix it up so that BOTH teams have people on them who can set an example for the public/zeus noobs..

Sorry Carl I dragged you cause you where last to pick a slot icon_rolleyes.gif

It was a shit night gaming though crazy_o.gif

Sorry Carl I dragged you cause you where last to pick a slot icon_rolleyes.gif

It was a shit night gaming though crazy_o.gif

the mission itself looked pretty decent i actually wouldn't mind being CO again on it..thats if i actaully get responsive teamleaders next time

i think half the problem was the fact the most of the people on east where dragged from their 1337z0r snipzor spots into teamleaders and quietly refused to do their respective jobs..

Allow me to rehabilitate Zeus a bit: the games on saturday were quite fun! Admittedly, it was my first time on the Zeussie server, but I've had extensive experience with tightly organised games back when I was a member of SWAF, so I do have a certain frame of reference.

Although the first coop wasn't particularly engaging, the PvP A&D that followed was sheer fun. Good coordination, tense firefights, and 20+ players with little to no lag! All in all, great fun, and you may expect me to become a regular visitor.

The only thing which was slightly less than enjoyable was me getting renamed to Celery. Apparently Xawery is too difficult to pronounce... icon_rolleyes.gif Damn monoglots! tounge2.gif

The first few were a bit arsey as there were some strange errors and other nastiness that very rarely happens. Was unusual. The later games were fairly representative of Zeus although I had a feeling they could've been commanded better, but I was too lazy to do it myself so I shouldn't comment :P

Glad you enjoyed yourself, Mr. Celery.

Quote[/b] ]The only thing which was slightly less than enjoyable was me getting renamed to Celery.

Hahahhaha, sorry mate, it sticks. From now on your celery.

As for the disorganisation Rabbit mentioned. It is a hit and miss affair on Zeus. By no means do we do organised gameplay 100%, more like 40%. Also different people have different expectations of leaders and mission organisation.

Once you have played in like 5-10 Zeus Nights you should have a good idea of what to expect. Our worst is really quite dire, while our best is probably miles ahead of any public server.

Please don't give up on us just yet biggrin_o.gif

Allow me to rehabilitate Zeus a bit: the games on saturday were quite fun! Admittedly, it was my first time on the Zeussie server, but I've had extensive experience with tightly organised games back when I was a member of SWAF, so I do have a certain frame of reference.

Although the first coop wasn't particularly engaging, the PvP A&D that followed was sheer fun. Good coordination, tense firefights, and 20+ players with little to no lag! All in all, great fun, and you may expect me to become a regular visitor.

The only thing which was slightly less than enjoyable was me getting renamed to Celery. Apparently Xawery is too difficult to pronounce... icon_rolleyes.gif Damn monoglots! tounge2.gif

Really glad you liked it and I will just call you Xawery in my outrageous French accent till you beg to be called Celery biggrin_o.gif

I have updated the Blue Quartz mission to include some nice goodies including a boat wow_o.gif 2 more M113's and some other tweaking eg Uber1337 Ai

East have a nice shiney box of IED's some extra AT capabilities more infantry vehicles and some more AI as the first real game the east lost through to many casualties crazy_o.gif

The recon element has a random start point and I left the bus in as I know you all like driving a bus whistle.gif

Hope it will be played on Thursday night and Jinef and OG please try to connect this week cause you will really enjoy pitting your wits on this map help.gif

God, yes, the bus...

"All right comerades, we have the pinnacle of Soviet technology at our disposal! SVD sniper rifles to take out enemy officers, RPG-7's to obliterate enemy armour, grenade launchers to pour steel rain upon our foes, and a 1960 Jelcz for transportation. Ticket please."

biggrin_o.gif

Don't forget the gaming starts at 20.10 tonight so please try to be on the server by 20.00 BST wink_o.gif Please try to connect with teamspeak and just a quick reminder rambo's will be shot in the face and kicked from the server pistols.gif

I feel obliged to say that tonight's games were an absolute success. Great cooperation and coordination, on top of a very friendly atmosphere. This is the friendliest bunch of strangest I've ever had the pleasure of encountering.

OFP is 5 yrs old now, but this types of missions, in this type of an environment truly show that the game is far from dead. If you haven't tried it yet, do it now!