Sign in to follow this  
Jinef

Zeus Gaming Nights

Well, second time i played here and i loved it. Had some trouble understanding what was said on TS but im getting a bit used to it (i can now indentify 15% of the words wink_o.gif )

Also shot these 2 pics while we were waiting to get our ass kicked by some enemy squad which attacked us from behind  tounge2.gif

dxdshot11511824981au.jpg

dxdshot11511825229vr.jpg

Just had a nice wee game tonight, but some FO Dialled in the wrong co-ords and shelled the squad sven and i where in sad_o.gif

yeah, i was the mech-platoon CO in that game (IRON FIST V by rhodite). This is my brainstate at few minutes before the arty fell on us.

-me: "FO, shell the shit out of that village with our mortars, platoon, i'll meet you at the edge of the woods overwatching the target village".

-FO: "i'm afraid i cant do that, there may be civilians in there"

-me thinks *you bastard*

-I call in arty just on the edge of the village, FO complies

-I say "ok, lets pull back further in to the woods, so we dont get bummed if arty missfires". nobody gives a shit. I take pride in commanding such brave men.

-I think about cancelling the arty since we can already see the arty target, but FO tells me it's already on its way. "migh' as

wai" me thinks.

-arty comes 5 minutes later. I feel a 81mm smack me accross the head.

it was still a very good game tho

I must say playing with WGL on your server when its COOP is one of the best MP experiences i have had and I have played a lot during my 10 years online.

I will try and set up a headset and TS next time Im on. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just had a nice wee game tonight, but some FO Dialled in the wrong co-ords and shelled the squad sven and i where in  

yeah that was very pain full.

I was happy we survived and the ai got killed.

Shame i had to leave the game due to rl obligations.

Cya all soon on the server :-)

Quote[/b] ]it was still a very good game tho

x2

When i watch the video, the Teamspeak is very clear...mine is so fuzzy sad_o.gif I think something must be wrong.

but anyway, my first zeus coop game...

I stupidly chose the commander position.

I had no idea what I was doing lol. and I couldn't understand what anyone was saying...:P

But nevertheless, it was still fun.

BTW, I am stall ingame.

When i watch the video, the Teamspeak is very clear...mine is so fuzzy sad_o.gif I think something must be wrong.

So its not just me? I thought i had hearing problems or something, i hear people mumbling all the time and i have a hard time making out any words  crazy_o.gif

And yeah, i do have the sound quality at the highest setting..  confused_o.gif

Oh well, great playing for the 3th time in a row!  thumbs-up.gif

Does everyone sound crappy to you on ts??

For example Jinef sounds very clear to me while Dbl Dutch sounds very distorted (a lot of low and no mids and highs in the sound; and NO its not becouse he has a low sounding sexy voice smile_o.gif )

Lol now i see its you Nemesis!!!

Half the battle in Zeus is getting used to all the accents :P The British regional ones are especially hard biggrin_o.gif Although once you spend a fair amount of time you'll get to know who's who and begin understanding. At least it helps with your English.

Quote[/b] ]Half the battle in Zeus is getting used to all the accents

Yeah, i remember listening to Terox voice for the first time; higher jibberish levels then when the Teletubbies speak to eachothers.

Now listening to him is like listening to my dad :-)

Yeah, its hard not to start talking with an accent too, specially when yer from California.

For Folks playing on the zeus server that are not checking our forums (www.ofp-zeus.com)

EqualModRequired is now activated for WGL5 gameplay on Zeus Addons. Face/custom file size: 20 kB.

That means that players will need to connect to us using exactly this mod parameter to OFP:

Code:

-mod=@wgl5;@zcommon

Take note of the capitalisation of the two included mod folders. It matters.

cya all on the server.

@ June 29 2006,17:30)]For Folks playing on the zeus server that are not checking our forums (www.ofp-zeus.com)

EqualModRequired is now activated for WGL5 gameplay on Zeus Addons. Face/custom file size: 20 kB.

That means that players will need to connect to us using exactly this mod parameter to OFP:

Code:

-mod=@wgl5;@zcommon

Take note of the capitalisation of the two included mod folders. It matters.

cya all on the server.

I have the Zcommon Addons in the same folder as Wgl5, does that make a difference? i was on the server the other day, unless this is a new thing?

It just checks that you have those two folders loaded - it doesn't check their content at all. So you can put all of your zcommon addons in wgl5 folder if you like, but you'll still need to have an [empty] @zcommon folder.

I won't be around on Thursday :evil: Due to real life shit but...........I now have a nice working template for A&D maps thanks a lot to Terox

However one of my PVP's looks in principle a nice mission with fairly quick contact times IE after 10 minutes as apposed to 45 minutes

It is set on Chorley Island just to the south of Saint David Island. This island has a airstrip which is at present under the control of the East forces (VDV and Speznaz). They have a UAZ a konkurs Ural and an MTLB and a nice big shiny box of IED's and AT mines

Attacking this island are a understrength Inf. Platoon in boats. A marine recon element on the Island itself to relay intel. And 3xM113A2 with mechanised inf. AI are also making a diversionary attack on the island with IFV.

So the East forces dig in and defend the trigger area and try to kill so many West that they give up.

West forces kill enough East forces to end the defence or establish a stronghold for 8 minutes with 8 men.

If you manage to fit it in I hope you will enjoy playing it and if you could feed back to me I would appreciate it tounge2.gif

This is strange, i live in the UK, and have (usually) really good pings to all english and european servers. But with Zeus server i get avearage ping of around 200 ish, it dosent really effect my gameplay much but it can get a nuisance. Anyway i could fix this?

Check you are not being routed through Hong Kong or USA.........its happened in the past to some of our community

FYI the server is based in Germany in case you where not sure smile_o.gif

I´ll probably join in this Thursday (if you are playing then?), this sounds like a lot of fun.

The thing though, is that I´ve never played OFP multiplayer because of password-protected clan servers, missing addonpacks and what not.

I have played a lot of OFP singleplayer so I´m no stranger to the game..

I got wgl5 and zcommon pack already, anything else i need Also, i have been having problems with TS as i have tried

it while playing another game.

The sound gets warped, i´m pretty sure it´s a soundcard problem though.

It might work, then again it might not..

Edit:

I ran wgl5 together with zcommon but i got a No Entry config type message.

Did i set up the folders wrong? Wgl5 on it´s own worked fine but when i tried to run the zcommon folder it didn´t work.

I just extracted zcommon to the OFP directory as it was and entered it into the shortcut.

2nd Edit:

I´m not supposed to run those two together, right?

Hmm, sounds like you set it up correctly.

You should have within your OFP directory 2 folders called:

@wgl5 and @zcommon

In your shortcut you should have:

-mod=@wgl5;@zcommon

You can also check to make sure they extracted correctly and are not double pathed to the addons section or something ... e.g.

@zcommon/Addons/Addons/blahblah.pbo

Both the @zcommon and the @wgl5 folders are in order, ie no addon/addon xxx folders.

I was however running a few double copies of some addons from the res/ addons folder but i deleted those.

I still can´t run both wgl5 and zcommon together though. I did notice that some addons exist

in both of those folders. Could that be the problem?

The strange thing is that wgl5 works on it´s own, so does zcommon but they don´t work together.

P.S

Would it be a huge problem if my TS doesn´t work (sound gets distorted)?

Hi KT you really need to be on TS to hear orders Etc. it don't matter too much if you cannot talk but generally because we try to keep it flowing OC's and Team leaders don't have time to type in chat you need to hear whats happening.

regards the mod folder set up please excuse me if I try to explain this in terms aimed at the meanest understanding smile_o.gif

I asume that you are patched up to 1.96

To get ofp to run you double click an Icon in your desktop or some such thing. Ok right click on the icon or shortcut and select properties then you see a box called "TARGET" in this box will be something like this "F:\Program Files\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE"

F is my main programe drive yours may well be C

after this type or copy this line -nosplash -nomap -mod=@wgl5;@Zcommon

This little blighter is important ";" as are the spaces between the various commands aslo check the capitals as it is case sensitive

Make sure that your folders are called the same as your target specifies make sure that Zcommon has a folder in it called addons and if this is not any help then try to seek help from the dudes on IRC or sometimes TS on non gaming nights also check our website for further help

http://ofp-zeus.com/nuke....ic&t=70

Hope this helps and you can make Thursday night welcome.gif