Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

FN SCAR and SHRIKE 5.56

jackal was the beta c in your weapon pack supposed to have such rough textures on the bottom part of it in the centre bewtween drums? huh.gif

p.s great pack wish you'd put a g36 or mk46 mod0 in it o well life goes on, and do you like Milla Jovovich?

Not the place to be discussing SJB stuff, take it up in the SJB thread wink_o.gif As for Milla Jovoich, yes I do like her wink_o.gif But, as this isn't the place to be discussing that either...

Back on topic now wink_o.gif

@Jackal326

Thanx 4 the support and 4 cooling down the heat, mate!  wink_o.gif

@Rikki Tikki Tavi

Please do take photos. Much appreciated!

@KyleSarnik

I got a few ideas for ya in the coding area. Stay tuned...

@helping_hand

Hopefully the SHOT show will clear out a few grey areas.

Speaking about grey areas. There will be a 'grey' release a lot sooner than the big-pack-release, for previewing and feedback.

The pbo will contain SCAR-L in the grey template scheme in STD and CQC versions. Will check the intel from SHOT first. Expect it very soon after that.

Some geek info:

I've made some rules for myself for the challenge and less lag.

-Each gun has 3x (512x512) textures. Most of 'em are being shared by different weapons. Still merging.

-Each gun will not exceed the amount of 2500 faces. The LOD's are very satisfying atm. You can hardly spot the difference between the 1st and 2nd LOD and it's about 750+ faces cut down. (The main being the 3d rail).

sounds good bb and jackal i was just replying to a post so... any sort of time frame for a beta or full release?

sounds good bb and jackal i was just replying to a post so... any sort of time frame for a beta or full release?

As i said - beta is very soon after SHOT, meaning some day next week smile_o.gif

I need to see it from the community angle in case i missed something of importance before moving on. The biggest problem right now is the short ends. No info is available (where gasblock and barrel meets the upper). Guesstimating atm.

I know, don't take it personally, was just trying to keep things on topic so the mods don't have to come in and lay the smackdown on anyone.

A BETA sounds cool, can't wait until next week mate. Keep up the good work.

You guys are the best! notworthy.gif

Already spotting some stuff in need of tweaking on the model.

Will post some screenies later on.

Finally, a royal extended middlefinger to the fine officers who let me spend the night in jail. Not only did they refuse my repeated attempts to get one lousy phonecall in order to calm my family down. They had to sign their own stupidity by telling me how worried my family had been the entire night.

btw I was in for a minor incident. A bar fight, no heavy stuff but pathetic all the same for a grown man...

Hey man, if you keep getting arrested then we'll never get to see the release of your SCARs... whistle.gif Oh and we'll miss you too...

Quote[/b] ]btw I was in for a minor incident. A bar fight

Been there. Done that.  biggrin_o.gif

EDIT: Just make sure you dont have another one for awhile or you won't be making weapons for some time. wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]btw I was in for a minor incident. A bar fight

Been there. Done that.  biggrin_o.gif

That's the problem with us 30+ dudes. Too much Bud Spencer on VHS during the 80's. biggrin_o.gif

BACK on topic:

STGN

I don't have time to post pics right now to clarify, any idea of what is in front (to the right) of the ejection port? Seems like an ergonomic get-a-grip thing for ops not willing to carry the folding grip. It's ambidext aswell. Brass deflection kinda misplaced (?)  crazy_o.gif

*EDIT* Need more coffe. Stuff i'm fixing atm:

-Changes to the stock

-Correct front sight

-Better triggerhouse

I've noticed that the levers on the lower has all gone polymer (or polymer coating). I'll just leave mine metallic (for argument's sake - it's a metallic coating whistle.gif .

Artistic license if you will. Sue me. smile_o.gif

Just a few pictures:

http://imageevent.com/smglee....=0&p=93

and this topic have been updated if you missed it

http://www.ar15.com/forums....&page=8

little more here and here

http://www.ar15.com/forums....&page=1

http://www.silencertests.com/gallery/FN

http://www.silencertests.com/albums/FN/IMG_0579.jpg -nice one

Just guessing here but that black thing on the side infront of the extraction. I am prity sure its a way of simplifing the barrel locking mechanisen before you had too losen 6 scrues now its only four = faster change of barrel and you have less small things that can get lost. Or its a method too prevend the scrues holding the barrel from comming lose and fall of. I am bettering of the first option.

STGN

sorry for not posting any pics, R/L and medal of honor allied assault come first at the moment!

I will have a nice warm thank-you-list for you mates.

I'm also happy to announce the tiny pre-beta wip release coming up tomorrow (friday 17th).

This is what you'll get to evaluate/play with:

-5.56 in STD and CQC (GREY colored scheme), following the latest graphical intel from the web as close as possible.

-Above in suppressed versions.

-A 75% complete riflerack with functions.

*NOTE* I'm stalling the release because i'm trying to squeeze the little EGLM bugger in. Feisty fella to say the least...:)

16feb17io.th.jpg

16feb26qe.th.jpg

Notice the mirrored blooper? The inscriptions only stays in this release to avoid confusion with the big pack.

Until tomorrow then and thanx for the outstanding support and feedback! /BB thumbs-up.gif

Thank you very much,Blackblood.Was waiting half a year to see this gun in OFP.But can't you release beta with a full length carabine,not CQB?I know,may be I'm asking too much,though for some players it'll be more useful.For example I've planned to make a mission with US SF in the battlefield where's no CQB versions are used... sad_o.gif

Or I understood wrong and STD is a full rifle itself?Not too strong in such terminology...

This release going to have various optic configs with both STD and CQC?

Aimpoint/ACOG etc.

Nice looking pics btw, looking forward to using these outside of Ghost Recon: Summit Strike for a change.

on blackbloods behalf, read through the previous post and the answers to most of the questions you are asking blackblood are yes, yes there will be differant optics, std means standad which i think is the 14.5'' barrel

Sorry folks. Guess i've been reading too much SOCOM docs and stuff.

STD = Standard barrel length

CQC = Close Quarter Combat Short barrel

SV = Sniper Version

EGLM = Enhanced Grenade Launcher Module

About this release:

Because it's a "Work In Progress release" you'll only get the basics in optics:

Aimpoint for CQC and ACOG for STD. These optic models are pretty much untouched polys from INQ's construction kit. Bound to be pimped up in the near future.

I'm moving to a new apartment in two weeks, so thing's are a bit hectic right now. Thought it would be a cool thing to let whoever interested play with the rifles until "Le Grande release". This is pre-beta. So don't expect an elite addon (in case anyone did ). crazy_o.gif

A "SCARAB" is in the making aswell (AK47 rds).

yay.gif -mag capable reciever adapter based on r/l builds in desert tan. Looks pretty cool if i may say so. Fingers crossed to include this in tomorrows tiny release...