Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

FN SCAR and SHRIKE 5.56

I prefer a red dot aim (in OFP that is). In real life (based on the various forums out there) it seems the ACOG has stood it's test and beyond.

eglm.jpg

EGLM 75% complete. No texture yet.

The ACOG mount is just the old (INQ) and works as a placeholder for now. I've slowly started to exchange the parts... smile_o.gif

I prefer a red dot aim (in OFP that is). In real life (based on the various forums out there) it seems the ACOG has stood it's test and beyond.

eglm.jpg

The ACOG mount is just the old (INQ) and works as a placeholder for now. I've slowly started to exchange the parts... smile_o.gif

Ah, well, there is no real ACOG versus Aimpoint/EOTech debate, as the ACOG is a magnifying optic meant to increase accuracy over range, not a CQB optic. In flashpoint, having a magnifying optic is always better.

In flashpoint, having a magnifying optic is always better.

I disagree. I often toggle opticsview like a maniac because of the narrow field of view you get. It gets really annoying when you got multiple targets. I also think it's a pity OFP came with magnified ironsight as default (2x?). Reduces the sniper's importance among other things...

About the optics:

Eotech (2x), Aimpoint (2x), ACOG (4x) and maybe Elcan will be fitted. Also a version with only BUIS sights, but they will sadly be 2x-magnified to compensate for the OFP default view mentioned above.

I read an article where they compared EoTech and Aimpoint they found that the EoTech had faster target aquisition, and was therefire more suited to CQB than the Aimpoint, it also suited a much greater variety of weapons. They found that the Aimpoint was more precise at longer ranges than the EoTech, and its battery life was significantly longer, although because the Eotech uses standard AA batteries, it wasnt hard to find replacements. So in other words:

EoTech: Best for CQB

Aimpoint: Best at standard 'iron sight' ranges beyond 50m or so.

eglm.jpg

very true the only optic i use lol

I read an article where they compared EoTech and Aimpoint they found that the EoTech had faster target aquisition, and was therefire more suited to CQB than the Aimpoint, it also suited a much greater variety of weapons. They found that the Aimpoint was more precise at longer ranges than the EoTech, and its battery life was significantly longer, although because the Eotech uses standard AA batteries, it wasnt hard to find replacements. So in other words:

Well, I rolled with an Aimpoint constantly in Iraq, and don't know who did that study, because the joker performed great in rooms and other sorts of tight places.  And I've fired plenty of rounds at less than 25m (quick fire drills and the such) and never had an accuracy problem, so it's a matter of preference, and the Aimpoint is more compact too. Plus using the ACOG at 25m isn't recommended..

Well, I rolled with an Aimpoint constantly in Iraq, and don't know who did that study, because the joker performed great in rooms and other sorts of tight places.  And I've fired plenty of rounds at less than 25m (quick fire drills and the such)  and never had an accuracy problem, so it's a matter of preference, and the Aimpoint is more compact too.  Plus using the ACOG at 25m isn't recommended..

I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding, but the EOTech sight and ACOG sight are completely different.

I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding, but the EOTech sight and ACOG sight are completely different.

biggrin_o.gif

No one argued the fact that the EO and the ACOG are different.

Some bad news. The desert version and it's textures is gone in binary heaven. My misstake.  Will get to it asap.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Some shots of the "artistic freedom-version" (prototype grey texture). All other details are done as accurate as possible based on the latest R/l designs. I know they look very shiny, new and unused but i'll make heavyduty versions with all the mud and grease you can take.

SnurreSpratt39.jpg

...a rifle rack function. It works and holds 10 standing rifles and 2 "nailed onto the wall". The rack model is not finished yet. Fully configurable to suit your own needs.

snurreSpratt87.jpg

OW MY GOD notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

btw; it's not bad that it looks a bit clean. Soldiers are supposed to keep their weapons cleaner than the kitchen of their mother, so they are never dirty tounge2.gif

OW MY GOD  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

btw; it's not bad that it looks a bit clean. Soldiers are supposed to keep their weapons cleaner than the kitchen of their mother, so they are never dirty  tounge2.gif

Thanx, man!

Too bad it's not my kitchen...Not too much maintenance needed on that rifle... biggrin_o.gif

Looking excellent Blackblood!  How hard would it be to make a version with the front sight flipped down?  Just curious since the new version can be flipped up/down.

GD Mast

biggrin_o.gif

No one argued the fact that the EO and the ACOG are different.

Author seemed to be comparing the Aimpoint and ACOG in his post (i.e. "more compact," etc.), but he was responding to a EOTech and Aimpoint comparison. We need to throw a few more in, just to really muddy the waters. One of IOR's CQB optics maybe?

I liked it when rifles just had iron sights. Much simpler! smile_o.gif

Anyways, I like the "black rifle" look. Brings the RobArms XCR to mind.

XCR-Angle2.gif

Looking excellent Blackblood!  How hard would it be to make a version with the front sight flipped down?  Just curious since the new version can be flipped up/down.

GD Mast

Don't worry. The scoped rifles (ACOG, Leupold) will have flipped BUIS.

Front sight candidate

@akd

I agree on the ironsights...:)

The XCR is a disqualified SCAR candidate if my drunken memory serves me well. But you probably knew that already. biggrin_o.gif

Well, I rolled with an Aimpoint constantly in Iraq, and don't know who did that study, because the joker performed great in rooms and other sorts of tight places.  And I've fired plenty of rounds at less than 25m (quick fire drills and the such)  and never had an accuracy problem, so it's a matter of preference, and the Aimpoint is more compact too.  Plus using the ACOG at 25m isn't recommended..

Yes, I do know the difference between all three sights, I am in the US Army, and have used all three sights on occasion (the EoTech and ACOG on ranges). Note that the Aimpoint is also easy to use with NVGs. The first is the on/off switch, the next four settings are NVG settings, while the last five are day settings. Also, it depends on where you place your sight to get the best vision. I had it just forward of the slip ring, and liked it much better due to the wider field of view. There is no "standard" spot to mount an Aimpoint. Just as long as you remember where you zeroed it, the same goes for the EoTech, and to an extent the ACOG.

So yes, you misunderstood what I said.

@EricJ

I was thinking of doing a co-witness with the aimpoint since the profile looks better (aestethics again whistle.gif ). Just out of curiousity, is it commonly used?

SEALS have been or is found of that setup where you can use the ironsight thruogh the bottom of the aimpoint view, its the reason why the LMT fix rear sight(no carry handle) was made.

For a combat carbine a fixed frontsight is prefered. While the BUIS(Back Up Rear Sight) is folded down. It is not ideal too have a fixed rear sight when using Eotech unless you use a raiser on the Eotech. Here you use a folded down BUIS.

STGN

Do you have a list of variants to whet our appetites?

Do you have a list of variants to whet our appetites?

Every possible. I don't wanna reveal any plans if it turns out bad. Just started on the Mk17 (SCAR-H).

I already have a few extra stuff ready to be found for those of you who follow the sacred path of RTFM. xmas_o.gif

@EricJ

I was thinking of doing a co-witness with the aimpoint since the profile looks better (aestethics again  whistle.gif ). Just out of curiousity, is it commonly used?

co-witness with what?

@EricJ

I was thinking of doing a co-witness with the aimpoint since the profile looks better (aestethics again  whistle.gif ). Just out of curiousity, is it commonly used?

co-witness with what?

Aimpoint and frontsight.

Well with the M4/M16s you have no choice since the front sight post is fixed. But it's all a matter of preference. Me, since I'm used to that, I would probably have it up, but more than likely it would be down.

is there gonna be a sopmod version like with the anpeq laser pointer on it like the m4 sopmods or can u even mount anpeq laser with the scar?