Sign in to follow this  
echo1

Secondary weapons

Ok, in OFP1 the secondary weapons slot was restricted to Rocket launchers, I think it should be expanded to weapons like regular grenade launchers, shotguns, SMGs etc. Another thing, there should be a quick change button to secondary weapons, like the way you press 'Y' to bring out your sidearm. If there was a function like this it would be very handy to quickly bring out your RPG if you see some incoming armour.

Cool idea. I'd really like to be able to carry an additional weapon for CQB and stuff like that, for when anti-armor stuff isn't needed. Something besides a sidearm. My only problem with this would be balance--what would stop a player from carrying two ultra-powerful weapons at once? Maybe a weight system could be implemented or something, so players can't carry two heavy weapons at once.

I'd like to see that in Game 2.

Assault rifles/ SMGs in one slot, a weapon of smaller size and power in the other. Balances out.

Maybe a weight system could be implemented or something, so players can't carry two heavy weapons at once.

I'd like to see that in Game 2.

As I have said in several other threads, they should have a inventory system like that in H&D2

OFP 2 will be RPG - yeah - I would like inventory

Being able to store extra weapons in a backpack, or sling a rifle over your other shoulder etc would be usefull.. NOT a "Look at me i can store 23 rifles, 8 AT launchers, and 53 rockets, 19 grenades, 6 satchel chargets [etc]" type inventory seen in many games..

Being able to nick a pistol, and shove it in a pocket is possible in real life, so why not in the game? It's possible to shove a rifle in a backpack.. But, how you handle this in a game is tricky..

- Ben

yeah...I`ve just imagined myself runing with my regular m14 and hiding everything I`m able to found in my backpack...`just in case` xmas_o.gif

BUT, when I`ll realise it`s not as necessary as I thought, and in fact I`m using my primary gun all the time, i`ll say: well done BIS, It`s possible in RL, it`s possible here, and I`ll do this when I`ll need it (super hiper silent spec op missions anyone? rofl.gif )

We`re all learning all the time...

In other words, not a GTA style inventory where you can hold one of each type of gun in the game and as much ammo as you want. Instead, a realistic system. This would be especially useful for snipers, since they are armed with an assault rifle and drag their sniper rifle behind them until they're ready to make the kill with it.

I'm often very confused when I sniping with m24 and later have to come closer in example to city. And I can't have other weapon (mp5 or something) but can have at launcher - it's very strange

I would be more then happy if i could just use the secondary slot for primary weapons, i remember there was an addon/script for this in OFP and i always found it quite useful/fun. smile_o.gif

Totally agree that putting additional weapons in the type 4 (launcher) slot would be nice.

Let's say you want a sniper rifle with two magazines, an M4 with six magazines and a few hand grenades. Makes for nice possibilities that might be needed for the actual missions ^^

Totally agree that putting additional weapons in the type 4 (launcher) slot would be nice.

Let's say you want a sniper rifle with two magazines, an M4 with six magazines and a few hand grenades. Makes for nice possibilities that might be needed for the actual missions ^^

Absolutely right.... these current OFP-limiting restrictions must fall....

Restrict them by weight and simulate the model and everything around how it would be with 2 or more rifles...

Regards, Christian

I have been using a script that will allow you to carry two main weapons and it works great....my usual loadout is a M21 DMR and an M14 Eotech for close in work.  Added with the ACE rucksack you cant go wrong. Here is a link to the readme:

http://colonelsanderslite.armaholic.net/scripts....tes.txt

And a link to the files:

http://colonelsanderslite.armaholic.net/scripts....ex.html

Hope this is what your looking for

yeah imo there should be a middle weapon class between handgun and rifle / machinegun and it should be Submachineguns & shotguns. weapons that can be very light and short but not as small as handguns. that could add a extra row of ammo slots under the handgun with the Smg / shotgun section in gear selection menu.