Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

OFP Navy

Quote[/b] ]Near ready for release ...............

...Music to my ears Sir - can't wait for that Perry!

Is the 688 boat included in the pack too Sir, or is that a later pack?

Argh dont give him so much work or we will never see this beautiful ships by him.

Excellent work, man! thumbs-up.gif

Not only do they look the part, but they ARE the part, with all these functional weapon systems! biggrin_o.gifinlove.gif

One important suggestion, that I made to punkrocker for his Pauk class ship too, is to include a launch or other small craft, otherwise it would be a bit of a job embarking and disembarking from these beautiful ships. If you take a look at Mapfact's oil tanker, it has the ability to launch small speedboats. Perhaps add this capability smile_o.gif

Not only does it add functionality to your ship, but it opens up other mission possibilities too smile_o.gifwink_o.gif

Yeah thats a nice idea Shashman...

what did ya think about this [APS]gnat?

but as i said better we dont give u so much work.. i'm sure u are full of work atm.

One important suggestion, that I made to punkrocker for his Pauk class ship too, is to include a launch or other small craft, otherwise it would be a bit of a job embarking and disembarking from these beautiful ships. If you take a look at Mapfact's oil tanker, it has the ability to launch small speedboats. Perhaps add this capability smile_o.gif

Not only does it add functionality to your ship, but it opens up other mission possibilities too smile_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Yes Shash.

Really a good and original idea rofl.gif

Yes Shash.

Really a good and original idea  rofl.gif

hehe ... well, not so original (although I never knew about the Tanker having speedboats) I had been working on just this very thing.

I had 2 working versions, a Setpos zodiac or a Settexture zodiac.

The Setpos has the advantage of the zodiac being created when the ship is first created (no createvehicle lag) but has to be "held" in place on the ship like the extra ship weapons when its "docked" to the frigate.

The Settexture method has the advantage of not needing to "hold" a zodiac in place on the ship, just making the zodiac (really just part of the main ship) visible or invisible. But the disadvantage is a zodiac has to be "createvehicle" and "deletevehicle" each time the zodiac is undocked / docked to the Frigate. This tends to be "crude" and produces some lag.

Decisions, decisions ........... I hadn't mentioned it before cuz I wasnt sure if it would be in the first release.

FYI, as I previously mentioned, with any smaller boat you can pull alongside the rear of the frigate and you will get a "Board" option. "Boarding" the ship cases you and you team to be transfered and become cargo in the frigate. No wet feet.

GS0398.jpg

kd2lee.jpg

GS0396.jpg

start modeling..

tounge2.gif  but, i don't know how to make battle ship script  banghead.gif  help.gif

but, i don't know how to make battle ship script  banghead.gif  help.gif

No problem Zerg, once it floats in OFP, we can add some scripted weapons wink_o.gif

Fair play to you Gnat, and Zerg for making a good start.

Can't wait to add this new dimension to OFP.

*Still holding out for a P51 though Cough*

LOL ... nice, OK it floats ..... but a little more work is needed before we add weapons biggrin_o.gif

Your ships look very good! Looking forward to the release.

i think he has no more time to build on his project and for ofp...

i wrote him a message... there came no response...

and thats 1 month ago now...

looks like so that he's Missing in Action.

gnat is not MIA as he just posted in the CarWars2 forum but maybe he has stopped work on it.

Hm then i'm sure he will release his boats for arma with multiple gunner positions etc...

i think a small statement by him for his fans for this project would be nice.

Sorry guys, been very busy with RL stuff (although its about to slow down now ).

I have still been doing a little work in my hotel room, the frigates now have launchable/dockable Zodiacs smile_o.gif works real nice.

I will release for OFP (and ArmA) if ArmA doesnt release first .... which is probably unlikely tounge2.gif

Gday Havoc

Yeh, was trying to get Multigun to work smoothly in MP .... it won't sad_o.gif so I'm just tiding a few minor items and I should be able to release both frigates within 3 weeks about.

Followed short there-after by 2 subs armed with torpedos.

As Multigun won't work in MP, I'm toying with the idea of having a STATIC frigate version available for MP, armed with all the guns .... that at least I can do.

Worth while you think ?

Gnat,

Why won't multiple guns work in MP? What's the issue?

Why try and fiddle with it now, instead of waiting for ArmA (wich will support multiple gun positions in vehicles), and make even better models (and textures) for ArmA?

Just my point of view

smile_o.gif