Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

OFP Navy

Gnat @ Mar. 26 2006,16:40)]
wow thats awsome! Can I join OFP navy team? smile_o.gif

The OFP Navy "team" is just me and some older model contributions from some old hands on OFP addon making smile_o.gif ... as for "joining" Twinke .... everyones welcome to release working ships and subs under a "OFP Navy" banner .... its really only a concept to get working ships into proper OFP missions etc. i.e. For each East Ship there should be a similar West ship and so on.

Keep pluggin away on your Typhoon Class and well see what happens. smile_o.gif

Thanks, really I just need someone to help me because I have never worked with OFP engine before and my computer can't really do alot of these things required to compile the models into game. So I really would love if OFP navy could help me smile_o.gifinlove.gif

I also have something I'm going to contribute soon for this project.

As mentioned and shown before in a previous post, I have a decent Standard missile model with texture complete.  Which will work well with the Burke DDG and the OHP FFG.  Whenever you want that model Gnat, lemme know.

I also have a nice little project that I've sat on for about 3 months that will be much more helpful in sinking ships and covers a much larger range than standard missile objects.

More info as this project develops...

Later,

Havoc.

Looks great - cant wait to use the Perry as a base for commando raids using the zodiac! smile_o.gif

Sweet! Please relase when it's ready! smile_o.gif

Gnat, I don't know if you have seen this, but this webpage floated in Stryker discussion. It has a free textured model of Burke DDG available for download and apparently it can be converted to OFP - see Stryker thread. Hopefully, this will be of any use to you.

Gnat, I don't know if you have seen this, but this webpage floated in Stryker discussion. It has a free textured model of Burke DDG available for download and apparently it can be converted to OFP - see Stryker thread. Hopefully, this will be of any use to you.

Thanks for the tip-off Mr Smith .... no, I didnt know. smile_o.gif

After A LOT of converting back and forth, this was the best I could get with the tools I have ...... note there are some textures that no matter how hard I tried they just wouldnt apply properly. You'll note in the middle some textures don't seem to be in the right spot.

DDG_1.jpg

I'm not sure if I should persist with this model vs the DDG AB model Havoc got me. ...... maybe I'll see if someone in the Stryker thread can get a better conversion.

Textures have "demo" text over them and would need touch ups anyway sad_o.gif

If it's too much hassle/trouble to fix, then I'd be totally satisfied with the textures I see there wink_o.gifthumbs-up.gif

I am speechless.!!! wow_o.gif

This is just awesome and a really GREAT job!!!

I cannot wait to have this units avalaible!!!

For a Dangerous Waters fanatic, this comes as a dream for OFP welcome.gif

DDG51

Thanks to some converting help from surpher ......... it floats !!!

Obviously there are some textures etc that need touch-ups, like one sided hand rails. ..... all in good time.

Destroyer_2.jpg

Destroyer_3.jpg

Amazing! notworthy.gif

I cant wait much longer for ur ships... the details are really excilent...

Keep up the good work.

OMG that is going to be really cool, high speed passes low level over those ships! thumbs-up.gif

Ka-27 WIP, based on Ivans static model.

Something to counterpart the Seahawk smile_o.gif

Frigate_N.jpg

wow_o.gif

we inlove.gif you Gnat! notworthy.gif

i didn't expected this one!

I want to know if Kuznetsov is on hold... icon_rolleyes.gif

OMG Where does this Kamov came from???

I have almost 1000 hours on the real one civy version so if you need somebody to test it or you need some pictures of the interiors just drope me a note

meh god this addon's gonna pwn

notworthy.gif

Where is the Kamov from? Is this heli released already?

it was with old Kuznetsov addon as static object

Gnat made static to fly! rofl.gif

Thanks for the comments guys smile_o.gif

Bit early for another photo, but what the hell. More WIP on the Helix and the Krivak. Hanger is also fitted out as the cargo area for transportation. Deck servers as a Repair and Refuel station. ANY unit exiting the ship or ships weapons will automaticily be place on the deck, not in the water.

A moving ship is the only danger in this action. (Gez I hope ArmA has "moving" cargo areas sad_o.gif )

Pulling alongside in another (smaller) boat gives you the option to "Board" the Frigate (no wet feet smile_o.gif )

The reason you don't see the front of the Helix as yet, cuz the cockpit is a bit of a mess atm. Hence also the cargo area is unfinished also (currently just copies of Mi17 areas)

Frigate_O.jpg

Gnat @ April 10 2006,16:47)]The reason you don't see the front of the Helix as yet, cuz the cockpit is a bit of a mess atm. Hence also the cargo area is unfinished also (currently just copies of Mi17 areas)

I have real Ka-27 and Ka-32 cockpit pictures from all angles.

If you need any of them or some help from a qualified Ka-32 pilot just let me know. I will be happy to help smile_o.gif

ka-27.jpg

ka-32.jpg

This are avalaible on the net. I have more detailled ones made by me if you need although they are from the civilian version but bessides the radar set they are almost the same.

So happy to have a Kamov.

Do not forget the Ka-29 version, the one for assault with guns and rockets wink_o.gif

And this ones made on one of the civy models I have flown

Ka-32

Kamov1.JPG

Kamov2.JPG

Hope this helps smile_o.gif

Lovely pictures Furia. Thanks.

My work on all addons now has to slow right down for a month and a half for work reasons, but either myself or Twinke Masta will likely contact you about pictures.

Twinke Masta offered to help with a textured cockpit model when he has time. smile_o.gif I just have to make a couple hundred tons of his Typhoon float biggrin_o.gif

Near ready for release ...............

Frigate_P.jpg

Frigate_Q.jpg

Both armed with working Missiles (AA, AT, ASW), Cannon and CIWS's.