Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

OFP Navy

Sorry Imshi-Yallah, i'm thousands of miles away from my ofp home computer..cant do any addons anymore...

Tks sa8gecko,

side = 0

: this is for the side the part belongs to so that AI can identity its an enemy part and not a static neutral

cost = 1000000

: this is to make sure the opposing side AI target the ship. If no cost or low cost, the Ai will target something else or other targets....To refine it, perhaps you can scale down the cost of the parts, eg 100000 for the weapons, 999999 engine part, 999999 for the bow, 888888 for the stern, etc, so that AI will attack the high cost parts first.

As a mission idea for folks wondering what to do with ofp ships,:-

mission:- USS carrier battlegroup to launch attack and destroy malden airport to deny enemy air assets.

enemies:- Russian frigate ships and coastal sam batteries as part of the 'layered' defence of malden.

Lets see how many of u can get thru!biggrin_o.gif ....i never did with 20 F14s and 5 Sovremmeny. I only did once, but i cheated - ejected out of the plane when i got hit badly...parachuted onto malden, stole a Mi 24, bomb the crap outta malden airport and hightailed back to my carrier!. crazy_o.gif

Can someone provide me with a link or file for an USNavy aircraft carriers America CV-66 and Coral Sea CV-43 which in Operation "El Dorado Canyon"in April of 1986 were used by A-6E squadrons involved were VA-34 "Blue Blasters" from CV-66 USS America and VA-55 "Warhorses" from the CV-43 USS Coral Sea.

Or if someone can make them I can use them with my A-6 Intruders and some missions based on actual flight mission.

A-6_Intruder.jpg

And Intruders saw extensive action in Operation Desert Storm where they were the Navy's primary strike platform for delivering laser-guided bombs. Following Desert Storm, Intruders were used to patrol the no-fly zone in Iraq and provided air support for Marines during Operation Restore Hope in Somalia. So I could make some mission up with ships used in this operation along with my A-6E and EA-6E, and the planes used at the time.

DragoFire

here is a link over carriers and the rest from US navy

www.navsource.org

almost noting over that operation El Dorado Canyon by the navy

the US Air Force have more info over that operation then the navy

What's about submarines like

USS Los Angeles, SSN 688

USS Ohio, SSBN 726

russian Typhoon, SSBN 941

Would they be usefull in OFP when they done like the everon-cartel-mod Kilo class?

What's about submarines like

USS Los Angeles, SSN 688

USS Ohio, SSBN 726

russian Typhoon, SSBN 941

Would they be usefull in OFP when they done like the everon-cartel-mod Kilo class?

Yep ...........

Sub_1.jpg

Did that Akula today, so thats the "East" Sub side of the project started.

Will do the Los Angeles shortly. That will then be the Sub fleet.

I will likely use the Everon Cartel's method of getting the ship to dive and surface.

As for weapons ...... thinking hard because there are Torpedos available through the CoC addon, but AI can't / won't fire these, so I may have to resort to my own (pending).

Can also so Cruise Missiles via CoC, but again ..... sad_o.gif

BTW, Type45 (above) and Arleigh Burke now scaled properly. Adding there extra weapons is next.

I'm thinking of making the Type45 the "East" Destroyer because of the effort required to model a typical LARGE complicated USSR destroyer.

Please, don't waste your time on doing the named submarines in my previous post. A friend of mine ist doing them. And he do his job very well. SSN-688 (USS Los Angeles) maybee finished this weekend.

Please, don't waste your time on doing the named submarines in my previous post.

LOL ...... not quick enough. In the meantime I've finished this model smile_o.gif

Subs are easy to make from scratch .... its non-western ships that are a pain.

Sub_2.jpg

Don't forget to make a 688i version of the LA class since its the most commonplace sub since 1996.  (Bow planes on the sides near the sonar dome and VLS tubes)  Most of the non improved versions are being decommissioned now to make room for the Virigina class SSN's.

BTW, I'm working on the "Standard Missile" model, its mostly done but texturing for it will be a major pain. I'll have more info as it develops.

Hi there, Your ships look good and I'm following this thread with interest but I noticed that the lighting on your surface ships looks odd.

I'd try using the sharpen and smoothen commands (u and i), these will make your ships look 3x as good.

Another link:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=35568

I'd try using the sharpen and smoothen commands (u and i), these will make your ships look 3x as good.

Thanks for the tip FW200 .... I'll try it out ... but how do these commands compare to the "F5" key command ?

Rightly or wrongly I do a Select All and then an F5 once I have generally finished the model.

I'm not sure how to explain it , but if I remember correctly, F5 just regenerates all lighting thingies..

IIRC all models start out as smooth and using sharp you can make a cube look like a cube etc...

I'm sure you will be convinced when you try it wink_o.gif

Very nice looking units.

I know this is the most common question, but what's the ETA on those ships? Also, any chance of not putting flags on them, so us cunning mission designers can use them for different countries?

some vessels without helidecks would be great!

Well you try landing a chopper on the Los Angeles ! tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]but what's the ETA on those ships?

How longs a peice of string ?

Quote[/b] ]any chance of not putting flags on them?

Yep ..... that shouldnt be a problem. smile_o.gif

maybe this ship is still around somewhere, one of my earlier nagg threads on ofrp forum i thimk it was by REMO

Thread

lafayette.jpg

Quote[/b] ]How longs a peice of string ?

Twice the distance from the middle to one end!

Nice boats [APS]Gnat, looking good.  smile_o.gif

lets see here i'm not realy a navy buff so i can identify what class ships you are going to release i just hope you have enough for a carrier strike group (CSG). this would be very good for OFP. this is what is needed for a CSG: (boxes ready to be checked)

[ X ] Nimitz-class carrier (sort of old, needs improvement)

[ ] Ticonderoga class cruiser

[ ] Arleigh Burke class destroyer

[ X ] Los Angeles class submarine (your working on it)

[ ] Supply class replenishment ship

hmm... a navy... hopefully a CSG. I wonder what is needed for a soviet CSG.

The correct designation for a Carrier Task Force is CVBG  (Carrier Battlegroup).  Maybe CSG is used as slang for naval warfare gurus, but in my long time studying modern naval warfare and playing the sims thourghly, only CVBG has been used.

A soviet CVBG would consist of:

1 or 2 Slava CG guided missile cruisers

3 or 4 Destroyers, usually two destroyers with good ASW suite (Udaloy, Neustremeny) and two destroyers with good AAW defense (Sovernemy,Kashin Mod II).

There would be about 3 to 4 Frigates on the outer perimeter doing ASW screening. Probably Krivak III or IV version.

Not forgetting at least one or two capable Russian SSN's, Victor III or Akula screening the CVBG's path about 25 to 50 miles away.

what is the seconde east destroyer/cuiser going too be Gnat ?

as your going to use the type 45 des as east?

Anyone have a pic of the Falklands type 23 or 21 frigate?

I saw one of them somewhere coudn't find again