Sign in to follow this  
sputnik monroe

Operation Flashpoint: secrets and oddities

seen them all

only the christmas trees

never found them sad_o.gif

Well... change date on your PC to December 24 and fly over Everon. You can't miss them. There is plenty of them smile_o.gif

Xmass.jpg

oh ok tounge2.gif last year i had a problem with my comp clock so thats why i didnt see them tounge2.gif (the year before my girfriend broke up so i wasnt in the mood to play ofp)

but now i have found them thanks lol xmas_o.gif

indeed we need a proper list of what & where

artillery = "two decorative-only cannons at coordinates HE77 and HE76 on Everon" (the OFP FAQ)

it's a nice spot to stage a battle BTW

<a href="http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=33;t=47984;hl=monolith

" target="_blank">monoliths (pictured here)</a> = Ef20 on Malden

we also need a list of custom easter eggs:

who remembers grid location for the skull on Reworked CAT Afghanistan?

I tried some constellations too but nothing went clearer.

Try watching from the center throughout the ring over the outer standing higher rock... You will see the horizon on south east. Perhaps you can see something at any time?

I also tried some with the moon because I thought it could stand there much easier then the sun but didn't match which time...

btw I took a nice pic of that place

ofpstonehendge2.jpg

Well, showed the OFP nightsky to my mate, he's a bit better "star-spotter" than I am. The island was FDF East Border. Well, we did find few familiar groups. Very impressive work, BIS!

Also the "nightless night" effect appears, as it's sunrise/sunset at around 2 am in late mid-June.

I can remember that mission where you are taken prisoner and took to a prison camp and you don't have compass or anything. You have to navigate by the stars.................I couldn't be arsed and was looking for different constellations. Saw alot.

I've seen quite alot of easter eggs and hidden things in OFP, albeit with help from Avon FAQ and other sources.

I can remember that mission where you are taken prisoner and took to a prison camp and you don't have compass or anything. You have to navigate by the stars.................I couldn't be arsed and was looking for different constellations. Saw alot.

I've seen quite alot of easter eggs and hidden things in OFP, albeit with help from Avon FAQ and other sources.

Why don't you just tell us what they are smile_o.gif?

didnt anyone notice that if you drive from a cliff with a jeep and it doesnt hit any objects it wont chrash. really strange... I drive of the big mountain on skye island a few times and my jeep didnt crash at all biggrin_o.gif

didnt anyone notice that if you drive from a cliff with a jeep and it doesnt hit any objects it wont chrash. really strange... I drive of the big mountain on skye island a few times and my jeep didnt crash at all biggrin_o.gif

in the mission editor make a trigger that will setpos you to +1000 height and drive into it tounge2.gif

Kolgujev location DH55, what the hell happened there? It stretches out towards the sea confused_o.gif .

eh ?

are you sending people on a wild goose chase ?

Actually, it's quite interesting, it looks like a meteor impact (or something of the like).

Impact

And you can also see the 'trail' leading up to it on the map.

Map

volcano maybe. and old one wink_o.gif I made this really cool race down that hill. Surrounded by wire fences it was really fast and dangerous

Volcanic eruption imo, there is a crater surrounded with dead trees, then its textures and dead flora stretch down hill towards the sea, it looks very cool.

I wonder why people never talked about it much, i find it more interesting than Lenin's picture inside the crapper whistle.gif .

edit:

Map

Is shows better when you enable textures inside the editor smile_o.gif .

<a href="http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=33;t=47984;hl=monolith

My advice for you eastern egg hunters is to never go to the monoliths at night! I have heard that there is one full moon night once a year where the Maldenisians gather there to offer a human sacrifice to the devil...

A beautyfull, peacefull place to watch the sun go down it is but after dark you better stay well away from it crazy_o.gif .

*gulp!* sad_o.gif .

My advice for you eastern egg hunters is to never go to the monoliths at night! I have heard that there is one full moon night once a year where the Maldenisians gather there to offer a human sacrifice to the devil...

A beautyfull, peacefull place to watch the sun go down it is but after dark you better stay well away from it crazy_o.gif .

*gulp!* sad_o.gif .

rofl.gif

That's great.

Say... I just got a great idea for a mission using those monoliths, some zombies, Conspiracies, and a day old piece of cheese...

*Opens up Mission Editor*

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! rofl.gif

Kolgujev location DH55, what the hell happened there? It stretches out towards the sea confused_o.gif .

eh ?

Actually, it's quite interesting, it looks like a meteor impact (or something of the like).

Impact

Map

yes actually it is quite an interesting feature

it was late and i was tired when i looked and not paying as much attention as i should have been wink_o.gif

eh ?

Impact

Map

yes actually it is quite an interesting feature

it was late and i was tired when i looked and not paying as much attention as i should have been wink_o.gif

Guys I think you've discovered something big.

I believe it's called a mountain.

i belive you've discovered whit... oh... wait... bad whit (hey, two of us can do it)

he's talking about the crater and 'lava' flow (or whatever it is ) that runs down to sea - not the bug mountain