Sign in to follow this  
XeLSiS

Modern Warfare Mod

Cool, looks like Im getting the first mod goin rofl.gif

-----------

Modern Warfare Mod

NOW RECRUITING! Send me a PM if interested!!

About the Modern Warefare Mod...

--- The Modern Warfare Mod is a mod being developed for Armed Assault and will publicly launch immedietly when ArmA is released. The time setting is set for the 1980's no specific date yet and will lead up to Current events such as Operation Iraqi Freedom, it will include US, Canadian, NATO, Russian, Counter Terrorists (Global), Police, and many modern units. One word accuratly describes resources and releases... "HUGE"... Model and Texture details etc will be High, Accurate, and Realistic.

If yo want to join with us, please post below..

--------

to placebo: Dont delete this lmao, make mods section for it!!

xmas_o.gif

Um, you could just have used the regular addons discussion forum. This is still OFP you know.

marcus

but its not ofp he wants to get a team together for aa sad_o.gif

Which is basically the same thing.

Not to mention more chance to get lucky with the request AM&D.

There's even a specific thread about this very subject there.

marcus

Quote[/b] ]and will publicly launch immedietly when ArmA is released

how are you gonna manage that?

The Modern Warfare Mod is a mod being developed for Armed Assault and will publicly launch immedietly when ArmA is released. The time setting is set for the 1980's no specific date yet and will lead up to Current events such as Operation Iraqi Freedom, it will include US, Canadian, NATO, Russian, Counter Terrorists (Global), Police, and many modern units.

I think this mod would have a greater chance of survival if it would focus on one single conflict and did it well, you are promissing 20 years of war and more than 7 diferent armies crazy_o.gif . One conflict, 2 armies, one island and one campaign would be enough and still a big load of work and effort smile_o.gif .

God I start a mod thread for ArmA and I get attacked goodnight.gif

lol, but im not making this for OFP, im making it for ArmA hence the reason why I put it in ArmA wink_o.gif

@ Pablo: Well we will publicly release the mod via ofp.info or such like an announcement to the community that we are gonna be doin this mod blah blah you know??

@ HeatSeeker: No, I know what you saying of course we'll do one at a time starting with the US and then do an "Expansion".

@ marcusjm: "request AM&D."huh.gif?

@ Sgt.Storm: We're lookin for anything, lol.. What ya got for skills??

Quote[/b] ]Well we will publicly release the mod via ofp.info or such like an announcement to the community that we are gonna be doin this mod blah blah you know?

ah, so you're going to publicly announce your mod when ArmA is released; what you wrote seemed to say that you were going to release the finished product the day ArmA was released. biggrin_o.gif

Sorry for being cryptic smile_o.gif. I meant Addons & Mods Discussion.

The Pacific War mod sounds interesting as does the modern war mod btw.

marcus

I'm good at making missions and cutscenes

2 problems: I don't have all the time I want due to school.

And I am not great at scripting icon_rolleyes.gif

You got any example cutscenes or missions I can try??

Quote[/b] ]and will publicly launch immedietly when ArmA is released

how are you gonna manage that?

Quote[/b] ]@ Pablo: Well we will publicly release the mod via ofp.info or such like an announcement to the community that we are gonna be doin this mod blah blah you know??

It seems near impossible to finish your mod in time for the ArmA release if ArmA is supposed to release in Q4 2005, and it is Q4 2005. How are you going to manage to complete a mod that quickly?  Especially when right now your still in the planning stage.

I have one mission in the works right now for one of my projects I will get it to you as soon as I get it into beta testing. yay.gif

If you go into user missions look for Eye of the Storm Finalization, you can try one of those but they ain't my best but do have cutscenes and I think Outros

not to be rude or anything at all.. but i bet 10 bucks that this mod wil not survive until xmas tounge2.gif

not to be rude or anything at all.. but i bet 10 bucks that this mod wil not survive until xmas tounge2.gif

Ah... got to love optimism! But he has a point. It'll be a LOT of work, and we don't know what they've done with the engine yet so it'll be quite slow at the start, however similar it is to OFP as you'll be getting used to the new features and everything. Anyway good luck with it. A mod about Panama would be quite interesting, if you're starting with the 80's (or was that the late 70's? meh).

Anyway good luck with it. A mod about Panama would be quite interesting, if you're starting with the 80's (or was that the late 70's? meh).

I dont know, mods about conflicts that had less casualties than your average medium-sized mission has does'nt sound like a very good idea. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]

One word accuratly describes resources and releases... "HUGE"... Model and Texture details etc will be High, Accurate, and Realistic.

"HUGE" and good models & textures (ESPECIALLY textures) do not mix well im afraid. sad_o.gif

@ Fork122: No what I meant was publicly announce the mod on day 1, right now we are just recruiting and getting some example models ready for screenies and such..

@ Sgt.Storm: Sounds good, gime a holla with it when u have a beta  smile_o.gif

@ DiabloTerror: If it does go past xmas, my bet is that you join the mod and help  nener.gif

@ Madus_Maximus: More then likely it will come as an expansion, Im thinking our first area of conflict will be around the The seizure of the American embassy in Tehran in 1979, which is earlier then I was thinking but it would be the only pre 80's confilct, its a good place to start.. as it involved todays modern Delta Force which was then called the "Special Tactics Units"...

@ EiZei: About the detals of models and textures, new engine, no info... lol..

@ StealthTiger: Thx  biggrin_o.gif

@ Fork122: No what I meant was publicly announce the mod on day 1, right now we are just recruiting and getting some example models ready for screenies and such..

don't do this for screenies and props.. look at BIS

is this mod going to be making new versions of stuff, or will it be aggregating and standardising all the excellent stuff the community has produced in the last two years?

seeing as almost everything has already been made for OFP and it remains fully compatible with AA, do we need to reinvent the wheel?

the mod campaign makers biggest downfall is the MESS of different mods and addons that are needed to get a mod campaign working, i can't be bothered!

what would be ace is if someone took all the best mods that exists, make sure they are fully operational in AA, ensure they are totally JAM3/CAVS compliant and then release the whole bundle in one pack (with authors permission of course).

that way i would have one d/l which would contain all the pre-requisites for a running a mod campaign from >most< of the major teams.

it could be updated every three months with fixes and updates and also those new mods that had successfully petitioned their entry into the uber-AA-modpack.

i love what you guys have produced, but i really can't be stuffed to d/l each mod one by one, install one by one, only to find that one of the many mods is version incompaitable and thus preventing the campaign from running, with the only solution being to uninstall the lot and start again.

this could be a better way.

we have standard weapons and standard vehicles, we could have standardised add-ons as well

if any non standard uber-AA-modpack addons were included it would be the responsibility of the campaign maker to package them in with their own installer.

oh it would be bliss!

I've participated in a mod that did that for CTI, aka, ROX Modern Combat Mod, and it worked nice but the variety of realism and detail was to great, hence why we have to reinvent the wheel.

Well I just wanted to ask how many addons are you willing to create for this mod....I mean im in iraq now and there are soo many different variations of the humvee and uparmored vehicles and from the time you specified......there were several different kinds of equip. Well I would like to think of this as the largest MOD or if possible.....a series of MODS! Good Luck and I hope to see it around

SPC Campos

261ST ASMB "AIRBORNE"

COMMO"Holla@meIhollaBAK"

Guest major gandhi
rofl.gif