red oct

Music Recommendations

nothing like good retrowave :)

Edited by Sudayev

I listen to mostly positive Hip Hop, though I like almost all music.

Check out any of these guys. Songs don't matter.

Andy Mineo

Bizzle

Dee-1

W.L.A.K.

Dreamy cool Michael Jackson studio cover from Tame Impala:

Nice acoustic folk

Official complete recording (via pitchforktv) of concert featuring member(s) of Grizzly Bear, Beach House, The Walkmen and more (+Iain Matthews of Plainsong/Fairport Convention.

), playing Gene Clark's No Other album: :)

Edited by c0dyb
wrong link

First let me start off by saying I don't want this thread to be a flamewar between artists, music genre's, albums or songs in general. Lets keep it light, everyone is entitled to their opinions, and its no use argueing taste.

One of my favorite all time favorite bands, Linkin Park are releasing their 7th studio ablum coming this June 17th (one day after my birthday, yay! :D), and they've been releasing songs leading up to that album. Its started to make we wonder what kind of music the community enjoys.

I have been listening at these guys for almost 13 years now.

Feel free to post some links, I always like discovering new stuff.

LINKIN PARK - REBELLION feat. Daron Malakian

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

Linkin Park isn't the only thing I listen to btw :p

I also enjoy some good trash metal, or nu metal, rapcore, rap, hardrock, alt rock or a good score. Hell I'll even throw in some classical from time to time.

Flamewaaaaaaaaaaa- oh, no, wait, didn't read it to the end...

I'm usually quite happy with dark ambient, the horror stuff, industrial, experimental electronic stuff, nu metal, a bit of classical, weird rock/metal things and whatever is funny or simply a good beat. And by the Nine, what? Linking Park is doing something with Malakian? Sounds incredibly awesome, up to 0:40 it reminded me of SOAD's Cigaro.

I somehow got infected with Laibach and can't get rid of it... especially those two tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK1hRguQYgk

Currently I fond of "Xandria" a german Symphonic metal Band originally from Dortmund. With their relatively new singer Manuela Kraller they remidn me of another once great Band that went down after they dispatched their Lead Singer into a solo carreer....with a little bit of "Tristania" added.

Currently I fond of "Xandria" a german Symphonic metal Band originally from Dortmund. With their relatively new singer Manuela Kraller they remidn me of another once great Band that went down after they dispatched their Lead Singer into a solo carreer....with a little bit of "Tristania" added.

Well I'm from the Netherlands so ofcourse symphonic metal is my blood. Hardcore is also in my blood because of that... its weird, don't ask. Anyway:

some of their newer stuff with Xzibit:

interesting is also comparing music across the world

i observed that in some areas/cultures rock is on 1st place, on other places disco/dance/techno, on other places pop,

when i was comparing music market with MaxPower we found that music tastes in Poland and Canada are very different,

MaxPower and me were comparing "top hits" lists from mainstream media and TV and it was totally different

when it comes to Poland (and probably Russia and area near) than (by popularity):

- dance/techno,

- something which can be called ethnic-disco, national-language national-melodies disco typical to dance on wedding parties, our counterpart of horrible Tirol disco ;)

- hip-hop (but mostly in national language, so called "music of the poor") ,

- light rock like Phil Collins and pop (like Madonna, Michael Jackson)

- metal (in case of Poland mostly hardest metal like Black, Death, in case of Russia melodic heavy metal)

personally i prefere death-black-trash-core metal but in case of many bands "good music ended in mid 90s" for me except Kreator and Machine Head who are better ;)

long time ago i had in cable TV US music stations, it was totally different from European music stations,

in US there was rock and metal, in European there was dance all the time (i remeber DJ Bobo every hour - which... MaxPower never heard in Canada as he never heard Scooter, strange cause Europe those 2 bands were on first places for few seasons of mid 2000s)

Edited by vilas

Wait, what? he never heard of Scooter? Damn, I wish I could say the same :p

One of the best new Irish artists around today

Also Royal Blood, great music to discover when that girl you loved turns her back on you :p