red oct

Music Recommendations

...nice relaxing sound and currently my hit soundtrack preview is located here

Guest Ti0n3r

Antidote, that link leads to a 60b m3u file help.gif

Just wondering if anyone else can't get enough of the canadian indie band Broken Social Scene and related bands/artists like Metric, The Most Serene Republic, Apostle of Hustle, etc.

Canadian indie band of goodness = The Arcade Fire...

fact

That must mean it's alot of songs in that .m3u (and 60MB isn't that much)

smile_o.gif

Antidote, that link leads to a 60b m3u file help.gif

damnit Ti! load it in Winamp biggrin_o.gif

Check out: Kinski with the the album Alpine static, it's some good shit!

Cool music. Not really my style, but still, sounds good smile_o.gif

Uploaded some of my songs to Myspace.

Have a look

http://www.myspace.com/notfallplan

I really dig Core, lovely song. Would love to hear it a bit "dirtied up" and torn apart though, with some dist and noise in the background.

Ambient afternoon was nice aswell, still the same goes for that one. More dist and lots more imperfections, I'd want to get rid of that "straight from synthesizer"-sound.

This song by the Swedish artist Dicolor is an example of the soundscape I'd love to see your songs adapt to a wee bit (this tune is normally found on his website); http://www.yousendit.com/transfe....30D4F80

*hug* inlove.gif

No surprise though, as I created the page today only for music and not for swapping pictures of naked teachers (no, I´m not looking at you Placebo biggrin_o.gif )

Found this on fazed a few weeks back. On tools new CD there's two tracks that go together (Viginti Tres and wings for marie), and an ambience track later on in the album that doesn't seem to be related to anything (10,000 days).  Somebody looked a little closer and found out that if you play Viginti Tres and Wings for Marie back-to-back, with 10,000 days in the background, you get another song.

It's really nothing big, since Viginti Tres and Wings for Marie go together anway, and 10,000 days is mostly ambience in the first place.  But they do synch up really nicely, I like how it sounds.

Anyway here's the link to a better explanation.  And to the actual song.

edit - Oh, and no quips about me being a tool fan, I don't think I've pissed anybody off since I've been back... yet confused_o.gif

Just wondering if anyone else can't get enough of the canadian indie band Broken Social Scene and related bands/artists like Metric, The Most Serene Republic, Apostle of Hustle, etc.

Canadian indie band of goodness = The Arcade Fire...

Apostle of Hustle is my favourite of the BSS satellites -- a large number of them (BSS, Collett, Metric, Feist) will be playing at the Ottawa bluesfest next week.  But Belle Orchestre and Seu Jorge are the two shows I don't want to miss.

Today I discovered Smog.  I'm listening to the newest album "A River Ain't Too Much To Love", and I see that I have a large discography backlog to discover.

yeah I love Smog. Really chilly beautiful guitar music on "A River Ain't Too Much To Love". My favourite from the Album is "Palimpsest". That Album is also my favourite but the others have some great pieces aswell.

And I'd give so much to see BSS and their satelites live... Too bad they seam to avoid switzerland :/ Although I saw The Most Serene Republic as support for Stars this year. They were quite good. I don't like Stars that much though.

I've been listening to Pearl Jam a lot lately.  I've got all of their studio albums except for Riot Act and Lost Dogs.  Yield is my favorite album so far.  Here's a few notable tracks and the albums from which they come:

"Grievance" - Binaural

"Save You" - Riot Act

"Faithfull" (sic) - Yield

"Whipping" - Vitalogy

"Red Mosquito" - No Code

Also, there's a performance with Neil Young from the early nineties of "Rockin' in the Free World" floating around YouTube.

ffs...

confused_o.gif

Honestly, that guy should be shot dead...

That is so crappy it's not even funny crappy..

Not even close...

banghead.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Come on, he can't be serious, can he? huh.gif

Why does he have to be in Australia for the video Clip ? tounge2.gif

I wish I could brainwash you all into liking Indian music, I cant get enough of it banghead.gif

mind you I have made a few "converts" wow_o.gif

I wish I could brainwash you all into liking Indian music, I cant get enough of it banghead.gif

mind you I have made a few "converts" wow_o.gif

d*** I should read properly, I read Indie music and thought you had a cool video featuring just that, oh god was I wrong

I've been listening to Pearl Jam a lot lately. I've got all of their studio albums except for Riot Act and Lost Dogs. Yield is my favorite album so far. Here's a few notable tracks and the albums from which they come:

"Grievance" - Binaural

"Save You" - Riot Act

"Faithfull" (sic) - Yield

"Whipping" - Vitalogy

"Red Mosquito" - No Code

Also, there's a performance with Neil Young from the early nineties of "Rockin' in the Free World" floating around YouTube.

Corduroy, Light Years and Immortality are great songs too smile_o.gif

- Ben