red oct

Music Recommendations

The song "Frontier Psychiatrist" is pretty cool, and the the music video of the song is even more awesome. I think it's pretty old (five years almost?) but still...

...that boy needs therapy.  smile_o.gif

- EDIT: Btw, I've had their stuff for ages now, but I'm still a fan of the ole Crash Test Dummies, and the latest knock around from INXS is rather good too, named "Switch."

If your a "math metal" fan and you are not in the UK, let me present to you one of the best british metal band.

Sikth - Clicky

Check out their media area, with their track "Bland street bloom"

Some of you (99.9%) will think "WTF" but there might be a select few who may like it smile_o.gif

Nick

Math metal as in algorithmic metal? Just listened to Bland Street Bloom and I like it. Reminds me of the Dillinger Escape Plan (who incidentally TOTALLY SUCKED as the opening slot for System of a Down a couple of years ago). It also reminds me of the nigh-impossible-to-play solo's from the Doom soundtrack smile_o.gif

While I'm at it, I'd like to recommend Gridlock. If you like Autechre or Panacea, I think you will enjoy this as well.

autechre's album chiastic slide now that is some fucked up shit, it's brilliant!

i reccomend

the black dog - bytes

ian obrian - gigantic days

radioboy aka mathew herbert - and the mechanics of destruction

doctor rockit - indoor fireworks also herbert

mike and rich - expert knob twiddlers (aphex and µ-ziq being silly with board games)

john coltrane - a love supreme

john mclaughlin - extrapolation

steve reich - different trains/electric counterpoint

steve reich - music for 18 musicians

philip glass - nagoyqatsi and glassworks

tom ze - brazil classics 4

Therapy? - Screamager

damn this one makes me melt like hot wax

then some Pennywise songs I've been listening the most are Anyone Listening, It's Up To You, It's What You Do With It and Unknown Road

*EDIT*

the piano intro on Unknown Road is nice smile_o.gif

Listen to great bands like..

Dope - www.dopearmy.com

Rise Against - myspace.com/riseagainst

Linkin park - linkinpark.com

And um, nickelback, nirvana, rikets, machine head...

The list goes on.

I agree about Boards of Canada. I love their stuff.

At the moment I'm having a crush on Gentle Giant. For those who haven't, I dearly suggest you get hold of the album Octopus. Brilliant.

it's quite funny how I (right wing "extremist") like Rage Against The Machine (lefty lefty red star music) so much biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif lately I've been listening to more Vandals and Social Distortion again. cheers me up when I'm down smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Check this out; Contradictive

Most lyrics are "W.I.P" and the sound quality isn't exactly A+. But still smile_o.gif

I've been listening to Of Montreal for the past couple of weeks, they're pretty good...

I've just been intoduced to

, you have not heard music till you've heard this notworthy.gif

I've just been intoduced to
, you have not heard music till you've heard this notworthy.gif

funny fella! damn he died young confused_o.gif only 2 years older than I am help.gif

Rammstein - Feuer Frei

- Du Hast

- Sonne

- Keine Lust

System of a Down - BYOB

- Chop Suey!

Rock ON biggrin_o.gif

Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974. - Homer Simpson

Real songs are about deals with the devil, far off lands, and where you'd find smoke in relation to water - Otto Mann biggrin_o.gif

picked up Deep Purple's Made in Japan DVD yesterday for $12, gonna watch it tonight with some friends....or maybe not...as I JUST read the reviews on Amazon and it seems that the DVD is not in fact the concert....ah well, I've got others to watch.

Oh and for those who don't know Deep Purple outside of the obvious song, check out aa_keyboard.gifguitar.gifmusic-smiley-7534.gif2784.gifLaaaaaaaazyyyymetal2.gif

I use to love Deep Purple when I was about 14. All my Deep Purple albums where on audio cassettes however and thus are played to death, demagnetized and other wise unplayable anymore.

I had one CD of theirs that I lost when I moved out on my own. The good news is that I found it about two monthes ago at my parents house, it was mixed in with their CDs. So I went through a stint of listening to that CD quite a bit for a while there. The album is their self titled second album "Deep Purple". It has an awsome song on it called April that if you haven't heard it yet Tovarish you should. It's a great song.

Funny thing is I actually like their original singer quite a lot. Every purple fan I've ever met seems to not like him and only like Ian Gillian and Coverdale/Hughs. I guess most people hate the original guy because he pulled a scam in the early 80s where he toured with a group of imposters under the name Deep Purple. Do to that incident he was sued and no longer gets royalties from the albums he was a part of.

Oh well. I guess he brought it on him self.

As for what I am listening to lately, I've been listening to Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac. This is before the chicks and Buckingham, and man did they freaking rock. Not to put down the Buckingham and Nicks formation of the band though, they are a good band. I definitaly enjoy the original line up much more though, it's more my type of music.

The sad part is Peter Green pulled a Syd Barrett and went crazy and became a recluse while the other guitar guy supposedly joined a cult.

*edit* Oh yeah and Lazy is a great song also. Has any here listened to the band Rainbow by any chance? It was Deep Purple's guitarist Ritchie Blackmoore band.