red oct

Music Recommendations

Billy Bragg is great. Especially the 'Talking to the taxman about poetry' album and the 'Between the wars' EP.

The Cure - Love will tear us apart

Pretty decent, together with "A forest" and "In your house" the only the cure songs I actually like smile_o.gif

its not a cure song its a joy division song wink_o.gif

Fejd—Really good metal influenced Swedish folk music.

Three albums can be downloaded from their site. Or two now, one seems to be taken down (Huldran).

http://www.fejd.se

I really like "I en tid som var" (I en tid som var album), "Äring" (Huldran album) and "Morgonstjärnan" (Eld album).

The Cure - Love will tear us apart

Pretty decent, together with "A forest" and "In your house" the only the cure songs I actually like smile_o.gif

its not a cure song its a  joy division song wink_o.gif

It's played by them and I think its better then most of their other songs.

Placebo - Meds album is currently repeating on my MP3 player.

Have placebo made music? wow_o.gif

wink_o.gif

Fort Minor is a pretty good band, haven't listened to all their music.

My favorite band, and i'm afraid it hasnt been posted here, because they have become very popular since the releases of their last albums, or i may have overread it, is System of a Down.

The best Albums are the first (System of a Down), the second (Toxicity) and the fourth (Mesmerize).

I love the album System of a Down for its dark side many changes of the rythm and the difference but similarity between each song of it and the lyrics allow space for interpretation if you really want to do it.  wink_o.gif

The second album is very different to the first one. Not that dark but with some nice "anarchistic" lyrics. Cant stand songs where youre being told how beautiful the world is without showing some very bad sides. And in this album is also my favorite song called Forest. To me a musical masterpiece.

The fourth isnt bad too but very short as it as been designed as the half of the fith called Hypnotize. It's similar to the second album but the lyrics arent that good.

Tho as a real System of a Down addicted i cant say that the other album is bad, just worse.  wink_o.gif

To somebody who has never heard System of a Down i would advise to buy the second album first as its the one that the old fans seem to like the most.

heres the homepage : systemofadown.com inlove.gif

In the past few days I've been listening to Electric Six, the songs "Danger High Voltage" and it's various remixes along with "Dance Commander" which is a totally awesome song. yay.gifwhistle.gifpistols.gifnener.gifbanghead.gifwow_o.giffirefoxlover.gifinlove.gifwelcome.gif

In the past few days I've been listening to Electric Six, the songs "Danger High Voltage" and it's various remixes along with "Dance Commander" which is a totally awesome song. yay.gif  whistle.gif  pistols.gif  nener.gifbanghead.gif  wow_o.gif  firefoxlover.gif  inlove.gif  welcome.gif

Another great song by them being gaybar smile_o.gif

My favorite band, and i'm afraid it hasnt been posted here, because they have become very popular since the releases of their last albums, or i may have overread it, is System of a Down.

The best Albums are the first (System of a Down), the second (Toxicity) and the fourth (Mesmerize).

I love the album System of a Down for its dark side many changes of the rythm and the difference but similarity between each song of it and the lyrics allow space for interpretation if you really want to do it. wink_o.gif

The second album is very different to the first one. Not that dark but with some nice "anarchistic" lyrics. Cant stand songs where youre being told how beautiful the world is without showing some very bad sides. And in this album is also my favorite song called Forest. To me a musical masterpiece.

The fourth isnt bad too but very short as it as been designed as the half of the fith called Hypnotize. It's similar to the second album but the lyrics arent that good.

Tho as a real System of a Down addicted i cant say that the other album is bad, just worse. wink_o.gif

To somebody who has never heard System of a Down i would advise to buy the second album first as its the one that the old fans seem to like the most.

heres the homepage : systemofadown.com inlove.gif

I loved Toxicity.. The System Of A Down album had some good songs, same with Steal This Album, then, in my opinion, they started to deteriorate at Mesmerise.. They just sounded.. wrong tounge2.gif

Not helped by the fact every one and their dog had head Cigaro/BYOB played to death.. It had a few okay songs, which I soon got bored of sad_o.gif Revenga was okay though

Hypnotize sounded similar, and I only really liked the song Hypnotize

But thats just my opinion.. And continuing that, anyone who hasnt heard SOAD before, I'd recommend they listen to...

Toxicity, Prison Song, Deer Dance, ATWA, Chop Suey (It was probobaly their most "famous" song before the last 2 albums), and Aerials of the Toxicity album..

Of the System of a Down Album : Suite Pee, War, Sugar

Of Steal This Album : A.D.D, Roulette

Of Mesmirize : Revenga

Of Hypnotize : Hypnotize

- Ben

heh.

if anyone likes System of a Down, i highly recommend listening to these live recordings of again, Tool, from their concert at the Coachella festival in California on April 30th. Brand new and damn hot. "Sober" is from their first album Undertow, the three others are from the new album 10,000 Days.

http://www.distortiononline.com/mp3/

seriously, if are a fan of Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, King Crimson or bands like that and can listen to modern rock without prejudice, but never heard of Tool before, check this out. You won't regret it.

the recordings are quite bass heavy, so you'll have to use an equalizer to kill the low frequencies for proper listening experience. Except for the bass level, the recordings are in really good quality.

Can't wait to see them live in Berlin on June 7th.

*pets his tickets*

yay.gif

Latest discoveries:

Kid Alex Restless

In my opinion a nice mix of 80´s punk, synthies and bored Blur voices plus a taste of Sigue Sigue Sputnik in some of the songs.

Play it loud.

Goldfrapp - Supernature

Leaning towards the Glamrock era Goldfrapp produced an album with a lot of similarities to the 70´s Glamrock time and extensively make use of the sounds and samples of that era. They reproduced the feel and transported it to the dancefloors. If you like the previous Goldfrapp album, you will love this one aswell.

ohlordcover.jpg

a couple of my friends did a remix for some dude called mathew roziek who asked them to a mix for an album of reinterpretations of a tune called "oh lord please give me another brain" this album is realeased as free download from here..

http://www.highpointlowlife.com/

here is the link for the download

http://www.highpointlowlife.com/webrelease.php?id=20

theres some rather decent tunes on it..

I've been listioning to Iron Maiden - Brave New World. and some pantera . wink_o.gif

Nine Inch Nails are good. Haven't listen to all of their songs, but I like 4-5 songs, and the others seem to have alike style.

smile_o.gif

If you're into techno (I mean techno, not what everyone refers to as 'techno' including crappy commercial 'Euro-dance' cheese... Wikipedia entry : "Techno is a form of electronic dance music that became prominent in Detroit, Michigan during the mid-1980s with influences from electro, New Wave, Funk and futuristic fiction themes that were prevalent and relative to modern culture during the end of the Cold War in industrial America at that time. Following the initial success of Detroit Techno as a musical culture -- at the very least on a regional level -- an expanded and related subset of genres in the 1990s emerged globally. The term "techno" is often mistakenly used in North America and mainland Europe as a generic term for all forms of electronic dance music. [ wink_o.giftounge2.gif ] Audiophiles will break down the techno sounds into many related categories, based on instrumental hardware, beats per minute (BPM) and any number of other popular segregrations.") then I strongly recommend

Sven Väth's Sound of the Sixth Season mix.

Includes a lot of this and last year's floor fillers such as Hugg & Pepp's Snabeln, Mathew Jonson's Marionette and Akzidenz Grotesk's Isbjörn (all masterpieces)

If you're mainly into minimal techno, then Steve Bugg's Bugnology 1 and 2 will totally satisfy you.

I'm talking deep bassed, glitchy and pretty chilled stuff which verges on tech house.

One of my favourite techno mixes to date has to be Manu Kenton's The Compilation.

This is proper pounding, hard techno, with bass frequencies so low you'll be creaming yourself. A pretty good description which came into mind the first time I loaded this album onto my MP3 player was "Holy ****! This is 80mt yield stuff!" As well as being pretty hard, it includes 'latin' influenced classics such as Filterheadz's Los Hijos Del Sol which is always a winner with it's Brazilian vocals and very 'Rio Carnaval-y' vibes. Be sure to brace yourself for a full scale assault on your ear drums when playing the last track on this mix, Petrol, by Manu Kenton himself. If hard and pounding is your glass of voddie red bull, then this will get you totally lashed the second the main bassline kicks in, I guarantee it biggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

This is not really a music recommendation but some tracks I´ve been making some time ago. They are not mixed down properly but who cares smile_o.gif

The first one started as an experiment. I wanted to test how long it would take to create a Techno-song. I´m not into Techno usually, so it´s just an experiment:

Eyes

The second one is some playing around with 80´s electronics and some Depeche Mode affinities and dance whatsoever...:

Core

That´s it biggrin_o.gif

I've ended up with something of a crush on Syd Barrett. tounge2.gif

I just can't stop listening to his solo work and the early Pink Floyd works, including the music that was made just after his departure. It echoes of creativity, fragileness (new word?) and grief. It's just unbelievabley personal, you get so touched by the songs.

Ever since that OFP video, I've been upsessed with Muse. Music is awsome.

Time Is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrom

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Just burrowed my friends copy. I want to buy it now. Just gotta find a place that sells it.

Have to agree with the above. Well, while waiting, visit their site www.muse.mu and stream their music! Absolution is a feckin' good album...

Been listening to mainly Iron Maiden (only few songs lol) on the heavier side. Quite alot of Muse. And been listening to my Amon Tobin (he made the soundtrack for Splinter Cell 3) station on Pandora. Love it, electronic drub&bass.

....Meshuggah....