red oct

Music Recommendations

Munamuna from Sesame Street. it's an awesome song.

I agree. I was sure I'd heard this song, couldn't remeber it though... saw Balschoiw's new avatar and immediatly remembered it. It's hilarious rofl.gif ... still got a VHS that has it ("More Muppets, please"), I'm off to watch it now... wink_o.gif

Otherwise... System of a down is pretty good, and Elvis lives forever!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahna_Mahna

http://www.mahnahmahna.net/

Quote[/b] ]

The question is: what is a mahnamahna?

- The question is: who cares?"

Edit: I play on the Juhu-Servers where "Manamana" has its place in the voice sidemenu, along with the Benny Hill Show tune...

http://juhu.netdawn.net/index2.html

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Green Day - Insomniac

Green Day - 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours

If you haven't yet, check out Dookie.

I got their first 6 albums yay.gif

this week I was on night watch again crazy_o.gif

this time I got:

Rancid - S/T

NoFX - White Trash, Two Heebs And a Bean

Guttermouth - Album Formerly Known As The Full Lenght LP

Billy Idol - Whiplash Smile

those 3hrs passed quite smoothly with these records smile_o.gif

A few great songs that I've come across on Pandora:

Gravedigger - Dave Matthews

Tatanka - Molly Hatchet

Missisipy Bay - Inquisitor

I Lied - Halfcocked

Roller - April Wine

And some awesome live Jimi Hendrix tracks

notworthy.gif

Anyone like punjabi music? Im listening to jazzy B etc indian music is just the best! imo,

(I bet im the only one who likes this stuff yay.gif )

Wow paindealer... Billy Idol, I thought I was the only person in the world who listens to Billy Idol. I can't speak for the rest of the world but in the united states listening to any one from the 80s is frowned upon. Yeah I know he's had albums since then (sarcasm)but if they aren't played on MTV then he's just a "80's butt rock group" right (sarcasm)?

As for new albums I received Cream live at the Royal Albert hall. It's their reunion concert from last may. Man Eric Clapton truly is a guitar god of all time. I also think Ginger Baker is still an awesome drummer, one of the top 2 of all time.

I urge any Dylan fans to check out Willy Mason and Simon Finn. Truly great stuff.

I urge everyone to learn swedish and check out Thĺström. I'm sure it's worth the effort. He has to be the best that has come from sweden since Bellman.

I urge everyone to learn swedish and check out Thĺström. I'm sure it's worth the effort. He has to be the best that has come from sweden since Bellman.

Yer, I agree. You don't even have to learn Swedish. Just listening to the music should be enough to get a good experience from Thĺström.

And some awesome live Jimi Hendrix tracks

notworthy.gif

seen the '69 Woodstock gig? whoa thumbs-up.gif

Can't say I've seen any Jimi Hendrix music DVD's, but I'll have to look smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Wow paindealer... Billy Idol, I thought I was the only person in the world who listens to Billy Idol. I can't speak for the rest of the world but in the united states listening to any one from the 80s is frowned upon. Yeah I know he's had albums since then (sarcasm)but if they aren't played on MTV then he's just a "80's butt rock group" right (sarcasm)?

Lol. Add me to the "butt rock group" fanclub then I guess biggrin_o.gif

i have to agree that Pandora is ONE NICE website! I can´t believe this service is all free! Does anyone know something specific about the "music genome project"? that site is quite lacking of information - wiki doesn´t tell us much either. who´s behind that project?

my respects to all the people that sit around and categorize music all day! notworthy.gif

seems this is not exactly well known yet? let´s spread the message! yay.gifwelcome.gif

Too bad that I can't register, unless I move to USA... unless, of course, I find a zip code somewhere... confused_o.gif

a friend introduced me to Temple of the Dog - Green River (later Pearl Jam) with Chris Cornell as well as Eddie Vedder on vocals. Awesome stuff. it was a project done as a tribute to Andy Wood, of Mother Love Bone, after he died of a drug overdose. Haven't been able to give Mother Love Bone a good listen yet though.

You may have heard the single Hunger Strike and not realized it wasn't just Pearl Jam smile_o.gif

Hunger Strike video (40mb)

Quote[/b] ]safe bet for #1 would be John Bonham of Led Zeppelin?

Indeed, he is my favorite drummer. His drumming on the song When the Levee Breaks is one of my absolute favorites in terms of drumming. It's just a BOOM POOM a BOOM a BOOM, POOM BOOM! Loud clear and full of bass.

Another absolute favorite of mine is the beat on Bron-Y-aur Stomp. It's just a simple repeated THUMP, tsh!...THUMP,tsh!...THUMP,tsh!, over and over keeping the beat but I love it. I'm not a drummer, but what can I say I obviously love the sound of the bass kick drum or what have you. Black Country Woman has the same thing at 1:33 to 2:10.

Last example I'll give is Boogie with Stu which is a great little beat. Hell I just love that song period. Piano, Mandolin, and Bonham's drumming.

Hmmm... after listening to Black Country Woman and Boogie with Stu again I'm thinking I love the Mandolin. A nice miss understood little instrument it is.

:Off Topic:

Wow that's crazy, my reply to Paindealer  about John Bonham appears before his post that I'm responding to. Even scarier is the time on my reply is 18:03 where as his post is at 18:15!

Apparently I'm clairvoyant   wow_o.gif

*Edit and this post even predates his post. What am I doing wrong?

I also think Ginger Baker is still an awesome drummer, one of the top 2 of all time.

safe bet for #1 would be John Bonham of Led Zeppelin? tounge2.gif

and yes, almost everything from the 80's aren't quite hot amongst all these R&B mainstream teens crazy_o.gif

my german one does work too: 86159 xmas_o.gif

funny.

My completely random number I pulled out of my arse works as well biggrin_o.gif

Damn good site is Pandora.

i was born in the 80'ies so 80-ies music is holy for me and makes me go nutz and emotional yay.gif

Even if your not into rave/dance music, I urge you to check out The Prodigy's first album, "Experience". It was re-released in 2001 ("Experience Expanded") with a bonus disk of originals and remixes.

Quote[/b] ]safe bet for #1 would be John Bonham of Led Zeppelin?

Indeed, he is my favorite drummer. His drumming on the song

When the Levee Breaks

Bron-Y-aur Stomp. It's just a simple repeated THUMP,

Black Country Woman has the same thing at 1:33 to 2:10.

Boogie with Stu

add:

Poor Tom

Good Times Bad Times

Moby Dick

Bonzo's Montreux

The Girl I Love... (BBC sessions)

edit\ i'm due for a zeppelathon... box set 1 & 2, bbc sessions + how the west was won = 12 hours.

i was born in the 80'ies so 80-ies music is holy for me and makes me go nutz and emotional yay.gif

So you went to disco's before you were ten?