red oct

Music Recommendations

thats pretty sick :) thank you

Bought the album (Wakin on a Pretty Daze) finally too and after more listens its excelent. Strong long tracks with much details and enough variation.

As for me, in music essential is rich, harmonious, feisty and somehow rezonating with me melody. Secondary is good performance, especially vocal, rest is tertiary. Melody for the song is like the plot for the novel. Truly fine melody is rare thing, also many great melodies are very old and folk origin (irish/celtic is best for my taste). Here are only small sampe from many of my favorite songs and artists, that I found and collected over the years:

"As I Roved Out" (Loreena McKennitt)

"El Rey De Francia" (Azam Ali)

"Tri Martolod" (Alan Stivell)

"Scarborough fair" (Simon and Garfunkel)

:)

Nine Inch Nails - Where Is Everybody (version). Things Falling Apart.

tears off heads:

lyrics : "squirrel, cat and rabbit have fur tail, only ladybug has no tail" i hope all head bang it :D mosh , mosh mosh :D

kicks ass, isn't it ? :D harder than newest "the truth marches on" by Samel :D

Very well done.

Cheers! I used to make videos for Arma and Arma2, never thought I'd be making them in the real world! :p Got some more shoots on the cards so I've just invested in some proper lighting. Hopefully I'll post here again in a few months.

As for me, in music essential is rich, harmonious, feisty and somehow rezonating with me melody. Secondary is good performance, especially vocal, rest is tertiary. Melody for the song is like the plot for the novel. Truly fine melody is rare thing, also many great melodies are very old and folk origin (irish/celtic is best for my taste). Here are only small sampe from many of my favorite songs and artists, that I found and collected over the years

Loreena McKennitt, as soon as I heard that song, I thought she's Irish. I looked her up on Wiki and it turns out she's Canadian of Irish and Scottish descent. Let me tell you, without Celtic music there would be no country music. Just listen to this.

Hard times come again no more (with country legend Emmylou Harris)

I just found this article:

http://www.thebardofboston.com/2011/02/from-celtic-to-country-3-ways-irish-and.html

Post Rock got me through my finals week at school, I'd really recommend giving God is an Astronaut a listen ^^

g9XpzfaMkrY

Thanks. Very interesting article, indeed. That's kind of lore about music, that I'm looking for. In general I'm of the opinion, that Celts have done more good for music of the world (not only America's) than anyone else. As for vocal and lyrics - I even preffer do not understand the lyrics, I treat vocals as another, yet very important instrument and preffer to focus on the melody and sound alone.

Loreena is especially interesting case, not only because truly enchanting voice. In their repertoire she sometimes combines celtic folk with eastern influences with great results. Here is Loreena's another known masterpiece:

Mummer's Dance

(from my favorite Loreena's concert in palace of Alhambra, Spain)

You can even notice that, unlike many other popular vocal artisit, she actually sometimes sings even somehow better live, than in the studio. Mark of a true gift to me.

Edited by Rydygier

Hmm, I missed the "relax" bit, waited 5:46 for the bass or guitars to drop :(

It's carving ghoulish patterns into your skin type of relax.

Edited by batto

You can even notice that, unlike many other popular vocal artisit, she actually sometimes sings even somehow better live, than in the studio. Mark of a true gift to me.

Yeah, I know what you mean, those are brilliant singers.

Let's take another lady for example. :)

dT8r2jN4fpM

BTW, her name is not Krause, but Krauss.

The duet album Rising Sand with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant is one of my favorites. Very different singers, but working nicely together. The album only have cover songs (one is made by Plant&Page), but very good stuff from start to end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxmTIONiqPQ

Thanks. Very interesting article, indeed. That's kind of lore about music, that I'm looking for. In general I'm of the opinion, that Celts have done more good for music of the world (not only America's) than anyone else. As for vocal and lyrics - I even preffer do not understand the lyrics, I treat vocals as another, yet very important instrument and preffer to focus on the melody and sound alone.

Loreena is especially interesting case, not only because truly enchanting voice. In their repertoire she sometimes combines celtic folk with eastern influences with great results. Here is Loreena's another known masterpiece:

Mummer's Dance

(from my favorite Loreena's concert in palace of Alhambra, Spain)

if you like singers you should check out the lady's in the symphonic metal scene, most are classically trained :)

if you like singers you should check out the lady's in the symphonic metal scene, most are classically trained

Thanks, ric. Didn't know this one. That's definitelly my moods. :) This is the only kind of metal, I like, and I like it very much. Another example:

on the other hand...

Rhapsody of Fire

Saruman rocks. :)

The duet album Rising Sand with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant is one of my favorites. Very different singers, but working nicely together. The album only have cover songs (one is made by Plant&Page), but very good stuff from start to end.

To be honest, I haven't listened to that album, because although Alison Krauss is a brilliant singer, I prefer when she's performing something closer to bluegrass. Something like this:

Now this is more my cup of tea :)

Thanks, ric. Didn't know this one. That's definitelly my moods. :) This is the only kind of metal, I like, and I like it very much. Another example:

on the other hand...

Rhapsody of Fire

Saruman rocks. :)

your welcome and thnx for the links, here is the whole video that cry for the moon came from complete with lyrics

p.s have you heard of after forever?

Edited by ric

p.s have you heard of after forever?

Just now. Too much metal, too little melodic, as for me. Partially similar to some Tarja's works:

but frankly this kind of music are borderland of my interests. :)

So, perhaps something different. There was a game named "Black Moon Chronicles" ("Lune Noire"), music by Pierre Esteve, if someone likes darker kinds of harmony, here is just a few samples:

Also great Frank Morgan of course (not only Fallout):

Planescape: Torment OST Main Title

Or perhaps something more SF (Paul Ruskay):

Oh yeah, new BoC album is amazing! :)

and now something completely different, time for Rory and his skillz :)

Edited by adamicz