Sign in to follow this  
onety-three

Patching OFP using Wine under Linux

Hello everybody.

In the last weeks changes were commited to the Windows API emulator Wine that make OFP finally playable for me under Linux. Now, of course I don't want to play OFP 1.00, we all know the problems.

Installing Resistance worked without any problems, but if I try to apply the patch to version 1.96 it doesn't even check the files but simply bails out with the message

Quote[/b] ]Operation Flashpoint is not installed on your computer or installation is corrupted

Well, I need your help. I have no idea at all what Wine messes up during the installation - any information on when the message quoted above is triggered would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

i am not totally certain, but you could try just overwrite files with a proper patched windows ofp. (you can even do a compare first to know which are updated - google: windiff )

I guess this would work, yes, but it's not too easy for me to get everything installed under Windows. It's completely wrecked on this computer - and other Linux users won't have a Windows installation at all.

Thus it would be ideal if a solution could be found to make the patch program find OFP even under Wine.

Anyway, thank you. Any help is appreciated :)

How well does it run in wine? Is it stable and fast enough for regular use?

Honestly, I can't say for sure. I only tried some of the "single mission"s in OFP 1.00 - those worked perfectly, though. Yet I don't know how fast bigger missions would be, and I didn't try fancy stuff like the NV goggles yet.

I'll do that as soon as I have time for it...

In any case, the copy protection mechanism brings Wine to a standstill, so you'll need a crack (it's not against the board rules to say so much, is it? :/ )

In any case, the copy protection mechanism brings Wine to a standstill, so you'll need a crack

Rename your crack exe and copy the original in the ofp main directory and try patching it again if you didn't try that... wink_o.gif

No matter if your intentions are good, as the probverb goes, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

</span>

Quote[/b] ]§3)No discussion about cracks

This includes request for cracks, links to cracks or sites that host cracks, also not acceptable are requests for CD Keys/serials, again such threads will be closed and could result in a permanent ban.

<span =''>