Sign in to follow this  
nominesine

Blue Skies I

when playing this camp with ffur2005 well the prob in mission 3 is the Jeep ( here a humve does not fit in the helicopter mad_o.gif ) to bad for me using ffur2005 i will have to reinstall on an other mod anyhow i love the start of this and well...

please sir can i have some more

SOME MORE !!!!!!!!

get him catch him ................ pistols.gifpistols.gif

bravo to the maker notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

That sounds as a FFUR problem, rather than a campaign problem. But to answer your second question: Yes. Part II is almost ready for BETA testing. It will be six new missions featuring Joseph Conrad, up against Nephilim's Mercs. They are complete with voiceactors, custom SFX, cinematics and some really hardcore scripting to control the behavior of the AI in the interactive cutscenes.

cryHavoc.jpg

Cry Havoc is due for BETA release within a week or two. While you are waiting: Open the editor and learn to take off, maneuver and land the Cessna airplane without help - you'll need it in Cry Havoc wink_o.gif

The storyline mentioned for the sequeal in a post above -about the correspondent on the Lorengau Evangelist - is postponed, but still work in progress (I'm waiting for LoTekk's combat correspondent before i proceed with that one).

Well yes it is a ffur prob, since the humve is just way to big to fit in the helicopter confused_o.gif

Any how if by any means you need voice actore for other camp i would be glad to join in.

best regards

PS cant wait for part 2

Hi,

This was a nice campaign, I will be looking forward to part II. I thought I could be smart and take the T55 in the Nightstalker II mission and drive it to the extraction point to destroy the tank there with the AT4 launcher, but then I was miraculously transported right back into Indian territory for the next part and had to repeat the journey by foot.

Regards,

Sander

Well, loved Blue Skies, enough to finally, after a couple of years, register on the official forums.

That tells you something right there!

Very happy to see that I am the first to download the second installment of Blue Skies. Ill be back with a report on it soon enough.

Sorry for the double post.

Ok, well, im a bit dissappointed. In the beginning it sounds like you recorded voice in a woodshop? Or is that intended?

I cringed at the lack of actual human voice, I guess you have to make due with what you have, its just that after playing Blue Skies it fails to deliver the same quality.

Interesting twist in the plot. I have gotten so far as landing the cessna. The merc units have some weird glitch going on. All the personal units dont have a body! Just their clothes and gear over an invisible body! They also have mouths down to their knees! Not your fault I know, and it must be something on my side since Im pretty sure you have played your campaign a bit.

So I will try to fix that minor setback and come back with a better report.

The woodworking sound is intentional. Just some background noise  smile_o.gif

And there are human voices in the intro. My own to be precise whistle.gif

The problem with Nephilim's Merc's is an addon conflict. I know that tcp_testdog is incompatible with the merc's, maybe some other addons as well (the addons I've listed works however). Start the game with the needed addons and make sure you download the latest version of the merc's (the one I linked to in the addons list).

This post shows what happens if you use the merc's with the testdog (5th entry on the page):

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....9;st=90

Is that your problem? Remove the dog from your addons folder  tounge2.gif

Ok, i did that. I had time to play the first two missions, or is getting chased by the SU25 the third missions?

All that flying, good thing it isnt THAT hard to do with the cessna, i must say, that chase was pretty exhilerating, though the first time i tried it the SU25 ended up running into me.

So far no real complaints, everything has worked exactly how it was supposed to.

All that flying, good thing it isnt THAT hard to do with the cessna... So far no real complaints, everything has worked exactly how it was supposed to.

Glad to hear that. I was afraid there was too much flying involved in the first missions. After all, all they do is set the mood for the campaign. The action really starts in mission number 3.

Technically the SU-25 chase is the 3rd mission, but my intention was to create a "seamless" flow, so it feels like playing one long mission with cutscenes (apart from the briefings).

For the moment all i ve got to say is when going to the safe house

well the truck get stucks all the way...

any how i am on the mission after the safe house a for the while

notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

no bugs no addons missing works great with ffur2005

SOME MORE ?

PLS SIR

For the moment all i ve got to say is when going to the safe house well the truck get stucks all the way...

The inability of OFP AI to perform simple tasks, like driving down a wide asphalt road, is truly amazing sometimes  tounge2.gif

The only solution I found was to add an endLoose trigger if the truck get's permanetly stuck (i.e you fail if the AI behaves too stupidly). It's not an ideal solution, but during my tests they manage to drive all the way to the safe house four times out of five.

Did you experience any weird events at the checkpoints? Guards shooting at you for no apprent reson for example??? I'm a little afraid I overlooked some glitches in my AI behaviour script.

Thanks for taking the time to test the campaign. I'm the one who should be greatful  notworthy.gif

yes i did they shoot at the truck but i just heard the shooting and got back to late i was guessing the just rolled over a GI since all 3 of them where standing in the middle of the road

+

When i killed joseph at the end well then it just goes black and i cant do anything

+

the 3 weapons thing didnt working out with me

when the scooprifle was in my hand i got a addon missing prob and then i was liking holding a rifle thats was not there and a could shoot with it

huh.gif

1) they shoot at the truck but i just heard the shooting and got back to late i was guessing the just rolled over a GI since all 3 of them where standing in the middle of the road

2) When i killed joseph at the end well then it just goes black and i cant do anything

3) when the scooped rifle was in my hand i got a addon missing prob and then i was holding a rifle thats was not there and I could shoot with it???

1) My mistake, not yours. I need to setCaptive the truck and change the combatMode of the mecenaries when they are crossing the bridge, after you have cleared the checkpoint.

2) There should be a scripted cutscene. Did I forget to include that one in the BETA?  banghead.gif

3) A bug connected with the merc's. I don't know what causes it, but it's very rare. I've asked Nephilim to correct it, but so far no response. My guess is that small amounts of lag upon starting the mission.sqm (not even graphically visible) causes the script to be unstable, but I haven't ripped the addon open to verify this yet

Mathias,

Blue skies was truly enjoyable. I seriously got cold chills when the boys were flying in with Pink singing to em. Excellent choice of music there BTW. I have to admit though, I chuckled at the voices. One of them rednecks sounded pretty close to one of my neighbors. It put me right at home. It did seem a little slow at first....but I suppose war is boring while awaiting your life to be swept into a frenzy of panic. During the approach into town as we maneuvered from building to building on patrol(well as I maneuvered while the AI bravely trotted)..........That sniper shot that came from absolutely no where and sent me rolling onto my side? What can I say? I literally sit back in my leather chair with my jaw dropped absorbing the insanely cool concept of close calls. I even paused the game to reflect. Man that was cool. The recon was a cool reality too. The broken "official" equipment" lol, what a reality check. I enjoyed the story, the theme song and your choice of location but a few things dampened the gameplay a bit and this I know has nothing to do with your mission making.....AI does not cross narrow bridging well at all, nor do they traverse the swamps well. They just don't like the water do they? They walk right through the bridge railing and into the pirahna pits below and get stuck in the swamps. So for PartII, might I suggest single man covert missions into the tangles of the vines? The lone sniper was great for offering a sniper rifle for the hike ahead. Although, a spotter would have been helpful to that poor soul. The rifle served me well in my journey across the fields when I encountered the MG post nested on the hillside among the foilage protected by the sqaud that didn't have a chance. Good placement. If not for the fog and rain, I could have probably picked off the entire hillside near the bridge with that longarm.

Maybe it was my settings but the counter attack at the hilltop villa seemed too dark. My squad removed the threat of counter attack before I could even get a fix on what location they were coming from. It added a bit of battle confused reality in there but HECK! I didn't even get to shoot anyone. The swamp retreat for me was absolutely hideous. Dark with a lot of running and a squad with the IQ of 10 years old. I pride myself in completing missions with my full squad intact (leave no man behind) but the swamp was painfully bad. I gritted my teeth as they clambered off of the low bridge at the abandoned swamp fort only to drown in digital error. "It hurts me dearly to leave you stupid confused AI in the textured pixel sea, But I...must...move...on." Anyhow, the end of that mission took some patience as the chopper circled me for quite a while (I thought I had seen the pilot laughing but it was just the glare)before I suppose I got to the correct spot for pick up. The individuality of the large assault was refreshing. I like the ambience of a full scale assault while the player has a seperate but adjoined objective that effects the outcome of the battle. Kudos on that. Great work! I'm not much on beta testing as my knowledge of programming is restricted to me digging it up off of the forums and figuring it out on my own but I look forward to downloading PartII and delving into it's secrets. Thanks for the time that you sacrificed on this Campaign. It spurs newbies like me on to learn more and more about scripting.

Thanks for the time that you sacrificed on this Campaign. It spurs newbies like me on to learn more and more about scripting.

And that makes it worth doing it. Thank's for the feed back.

Judging from your battlereport you solved the challenges in the campaign pretty much as i did myself when I first made/played them (the missions were originally designed as MP-missions for my LAN-group).

An updated copy of Blue Skies II (Cry Havoc) rests on my HDD right now. Just waiting for Ofpec to come back online again, so I can host it somewhere. Pink Floyd is replaced by Leonard Cohen in the second part. Apart from that the mood is pretty much the same.

Thanks for the hosting and the updated links. Most of the original links vanished when Ofpec/Ofp.info went down simultaneously.

hello! btw, nice campaing, nominesine biggrin_o.gif i like it, i am only begug to play, but it's good so far. i've a little advice to you.... maybe you can update your campaing and use those LSR DeRa pack? i think it's much better, then bas old one... huh.gif

no, i like bas dera pack too, but lsr dera newer and have better texture resolution? what do you think? should we wait for update or you let the thing as it now?

ps. sorry for bad english (watch my signature) crazy_o.gif

I dont plan any updates with LSR units. I'm to busy bringing Ofpec back to life again. But it's quite easy to change the campaign, if you are familiar with the interior of a mission.sqm.

De pbo the campaign, open the individual missions in the editor and click the ranger units. There arent that many rangers in every mission (6-12 usually).

sorry, m8. i am too lazy to do it biggrin_o.gif maybe some day, but it's OK i can play using bas deras smile_o.gif

I know I am Johnny Come Lately, but I have been unable to find this anywhere. The links are all dead. Even the most recent one that was posted last year. Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks!