Sign in to follow this  
Ironsight

Virtualbattlefieldsystem.com

Winters  huh.gif  Dosnt he come from Orlando smile_o.gif

I worked the booth last year, it was a big waste of time. Nothing came out of it except a bunch of people losing their jobs because management doesnt know how to market the product.

I worked the booth last year, it was a big waste of time. Nothing came out of it...

What about this year huh.gif ? Will you be able to atleast sneak inside?

I have no interest in what a company that screws over their employees is planning. Judging by the fact that they are now sharing a booth which makes the 3rd straight year that it's shrunk in size should tell you about the state of the company. Instead of going out and getting new contracts and clients they are sitting on their fat asses and waiting for money to come knock on their door.

I have washed my hands of them and moved on, my new job pays more, has better benefits, more responsibilty and is not going to go out of business anytime soon.

@Winters

Forgive my ignorance but what company are you speaking of? BIS, BIA or CTCorp?

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

CTcorp? Sad to hear that sad_o.gif .

Still the base technology for VBS2 should be BIS/BIA handy work, main interest would be to hear about what improvements have they acomplished for V2 and if a version will be made available for public use anytime soon wink_o.gif . Dont really care about CT and private military contracts much...

I think BIS is bullshitting us all with there empty excuses, instead of working on on Armed Assault they create this fucking VBS2 which nobody of us can pay anyways, but the government. if they would at least keep one of there announcements (release date) which obivously wont be this year or ever next year - just as last year and the year before - then there could be something to look forward.

Anybody who still belives in bis and armed assault should start to think what this company did the last 3 years for ofp, they made promises over and over but didnt bring it at all, even the xbox version is so cheap - no new missions rarely new textures maybe a few new sound eefect and some little xbox graphics-improvements, wow - cool, but thats about it basicly.

I would think nothing of this company if there wouldnt have been operation flashpoint cwc or resistance, but actually thats history.

The tourney of us civil ofp fans seems to stop here obviously.

i think people still dont see the difference between BI & BIA.

since BI is working on completing AA with allmost all they got BIA has shifted most dev work from VBS1 to VBS2 atm. this might also be the reason why the USARMY1 module and the patch are so delayed. because they need VBS2 up and running for the convention. still armed assault is a different story and maybe people should realise this some day.

@S.O.S

What I find rather amusing is those that think they know what is going on and don't. If you think BIS is such a bad company why are you here? I'm not saying that you don't, or do as the case maybe, have legitimate complaints. But perhaps you should keep in mind that VBS1/VBS2 Development is being wholely and completely done seperately by a different group of people. But hey if you feel that you can get a better deal with a company like EA or UBI I would say go for it. For myself I think I will be giving them more time as there really isn't anything else out there that's going to come close to having what I want in my next mainstream online game or sim.

@SniperAndy

You might want to consider the fact that you could be waaaaaay off base in what you think is happening or not happening with VBS and what's in store. Not saying that I know anymore than you but it might be best to maybe think about that before you engage your fingers on your keyboard?

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

i think people still dont see the difference between BI & BIA.

since BI is working on completing AA with allmost all they got BIA has shifted most dev work from VBS1 to VBS2 atm. this might also be the reason why the USARMY1 module and the patch are so delayed. because they need VBS2 up and running for the convention. still armed assault is a different story and maybe people should realise this some day.

Yeah but i though BIA only made specific content, units, maps, art and stuff like that, the game engine and tools are still BIS work. If VBS2 is under development and being presented soon why are they still making modules for version 1? Makes no sense unless vbs2 wont be available to the public any time soon wich would kind of suck confused_o.gif .

That or current stuff will indeed be compatible, i would really like to know bout that.

edit: Took a look around your site, looks very nice btw smile_o.gif .

I think BIS is bullshitting us all with there empty excuses, instead of working on on Armed Assault they create this fucking VBS2 which nobody of us can pay anyways, but the government. if they would at least keep one of there announcements (release date) which obivously wont be this year or ever next year - just as last year and the year before - then there could be something to look forward.

Anybody who still belives in bis and armed assault should start to think what this company did the last 3 years for ofp, they made promises over and over but didnt bring it at all, even the xbox version is so cheap - no new missions rarely new textures maybe a few new sound eefect and some little xbox graphics-improvements, wow - cool, but thats about it basicly.

I would think nothing of this company if there wouldnt have been operation flashpoint cwc or resistance, but actually thats history.

The tourney of us civil ofp fans seems to stop here obviously.

You may think all you want, but you don't have any clue what you're talking about, which prove's you're not thinking.

BIS has been working on 3 products: Elite, ArmA, and Game2. At certain stages completed content, or content in development, is forked and licensed to BIA to develop for VBS. The projects are related, but effectively independent in the operation and management. BIA takes care of VBS, BIS takes care of OFP.

BIS has not been sitting on their rear-ends for the past 3 years, if you go and read the actual real interviews Placebo commented about how BIS had to do massive rewrites and rework to fit CWC+RES into the Xbox. Not only did they make it fit, they also totally overhauled the net code, and increased relative performance over the PC significantly. The content is technically several generations advanced over the CWC content. It looks the same, but it works differently. If you can't understand the impact that has for the long term then Flashpoint is way over your head.

Oh, and while "BIS has been sitting on their butts" they've also released several patches and increasing community support. Among other items of business. If you're going to rip on something, make sure you actually know what you're talking about.

my whole point was that its again the end of a year, bis promised to releasethe game (armed assault) but for fact it cant be released within this year. this is happening, for fact, now since 1, maybe 2 years without anything new for the pc customer.

better ea or ubi soft then NO GAME.

you try making 3 games at one time. Not very easy. And BIS is a small company.

my whole point was that its again the end of a year, bis promised to releasethe game (armed assault) but for fact it cant be released within this year. this is happening, for fact, now since 1, maybe 2 years without anything new for the pc customer.

@S.O.S

From someone that has dealt with UBI, as a customer, for going on 10 years now let me tell you something. UBI = no game at all or one that you don't want anyways. EA isn't much better but hey if you think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence then jump my boy, jump.

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

EA and UBI = Publishers

BIS = Software developer (main activity at least?)

Please stop driving this topic further off topic and put more thought into your posting, im sure news will arrive sooner or later and that the end result of BIS future games will be well worth the waiting time, i know people are a bit frustrated lately but in the end it will be worth it smile_o.gif .

@S.O.S

What I find rather amusing is those that think they know what is going on and don't. If you think BIS is such a bad company why are you here? I'm not saying that you don't, or do as the case maybe, have legitimate complaints. But perhaps you should keep in mind that VBS1/VBS2 Development is being wholely and completely done seperately by a different group of people. But hey if you feel that you can get a better deal with a company like EA or UBI I would say go for it. For myself I think I will be giving them more time as there really isn't anything else out there that's going to come close to having what I want in my next mainstream online game or sim.

@SniperAndy

You might want to consider the fact that you could be waaaaaay off base in what you think is happening or not happening with VBS and what's in store. Not saying that I know anymore than you but it might be best to maybe think about that before you engage your fingers on your keyboard?

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

thank god it's a free world and I can think what I want.

so long as I dont say that's how it is cause it would confuse people hearing more shait about the different products.

maybe also you wanna swith on your brains from time to time before hitting the keyboards..

@S.O.S

@SniperAndy

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

thank god it's a free world and I can think what I want.

so long as I dont say that's how it is cause it would confuse people hearing more shait about the different products.

maybe also you wanna swith on your brains from time to time before hitting the keyboards..

That's the thing about thoughts and opinions. Everyone is entitled to one. No matter how misinformed it might be.

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

Quote[/b] ]BIA has shifted most dev work from VBS1 to VBS2 atm.

so you're saying this is miss informed?...maybe some stuff is just not to be told you know?

(i know the other issues they had with USARMY1, but that doesn't belong here warhawk notworthy.gif )

i don't wanna take this anymore off-topic.

so hopefully AA will be released before christmas and I also hope the "new" AA side goes online soon so we all get a better insight on what AA will bring us.

No SA I am not saying that at all. Please not the use of the word "might" and try not to read between the lines. Thank you very much.

Stout Hearts

|RE|Warhawk

Quote[/b] ]That's the thing about thoughts and opinions. Everyone is entitled to one. No matter how misinformed it might be.

That's just F'n brilliant!

*writes that down*