Sign in to follow this  
engen

Swedish Forces Pack 4 Released!

I managed to get the TP-47 to float, take-off, land, etc in the water. It's based on Cpt. Moore's script, and it works great. You could use that, or contact me, or I could send it through gYMO. Just right now the plane sits a little high above water. Just need adjusting.

that would be great..

eestikas88, more missions coming and campaign will come, hopefully in a month or two.

Hey guys,

Wow.

I spent the whole of last night just going through all the options not even playing with them yet...(well apart from the SP missions)

Excellent work...I especially love the TP111, I've got joint Swedish Irish patrols in mind today.

Soon all the parts needed for a UNMIL campaign will be in place wink_o.gif

Guest major gandhi

I've a question about the Robot70 deployable weapon. I manage to deploy the tripod, let the AI mount the sights and the tube but I don't know how to order the loaders to add the rockets they are carrying to the robot70, any ideas?

same thing with other deployable weapons,tested it with somekinda deployable at weapon,first i took the tube and then ammo taking option came to menu.

other bugs are worse crazy_o.gif

are those pasi looking things meant to sink in water?

with that leopard looking tank,the gunner sight dont work,it first showed me red screen then black and whatever. crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

those names are so complicated cant remember them sad_o.gif

It's amazing how the days counting down to ArmA produce a surge in quality community-made projects, rather than a tailing-off. This mod is right up there with the very best of them - I've just lost a free afternoon wandering around the island and putting together little set-pieces to try everything out. Haven't tried the Strv122 so haven't seen the sight problem mentioned above though. So what if Bill doesn't top-attack? It's a fantastic piece of work - like the TOW on the Hkp9. Personal favourite occupation at the mo' is stooging around in the Saab Sk60 practising my 60-degree pitch-up, roll-in and strafe... smile_o.gif

Only thing I can't find is the one toy I'd really hoped to get my hands on - the S-Tank (Strv103?). Where should I be looking - or is it a case of wait 'til the game engine can cope with hydraulically-actuated-suspension gun-laying sad_o.gif ?

ther is no S-tank in SFP 4.0.

but some team some wher maybe will make one some day whistle.gif

well ok the last one in the armour list of SFP pack ingame.

the gunner sight does not work! crazy_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

This pack has to be one of the best addon packs I've ever seen. Thanks!

Excellent job, guys. Very high quality, with just a handful of bugs already mentioned. I especially love the assault boats - lots of fun for landing raiding parties. smile_o.gif

I haven't tried yet, but is the mod compatible with the FDF mod? I'd really like to use these guys alongside the Finns. smile_o.gif

this is a addon pack not a mod so you can use ECP FDF Y2K3 or any thing with it wink_o.gif

Hornet85 <--- NOT a SFP team member biggrin_o.gif

well heavy AT teams are awesome, especially to command it, because AI doesn't fold the tripod and doesn't mount RB-56 tube...

but, there is one big problem, like loaders...

they have 2 rockets in hand gun ammo slots, but it doesn't work...

i think same problem is with RBS-70...

loaders should be changed to the RBS-56 gunners... smile_o.gif

fold the tripod, mount tube, fire, dismount tube, mount another, and we can kill tanks very long...

and for realism, please change RBS-56 ammo, when you make it fireable, it has two missiles, well how 2 missles can be fired from one tube?! wink_o.gif

oh i forgot, realism hunting: in the BILL team are 3-4 guys, 1-commander, he carries targeting equipement; 2 carries falding tripod; 3 carries RB-56 missile and 4(optional) carries one more missle...

so, maybe you can make 3 parts to be mounted, not 2 and maybe you could make right Bill team...

P.S. swedish forces uses Bill and Bill-2, also it would be great to have them both and as i remember they are different only by missles, one penetrates 800mm rha, new one-1000mm (am i right?).

Guest major gandhi

I've made a longer mission with a squad of Airborne soldiers with a GRSP and RB60(? or something like that) and occasionally get CTDs. Do others experience simliar problems?

I've made a longer mission with a squad of Airborne soldiers with a GRSP and RB60(? or something like that) and occasionally get CTDs. Do others experience simliar problems?

Yeah, I've been getting hard locks when I try to use the crew-served weapons starting with them undeployed. They seem to work fine when placed already setup.

I've received a couple of random hard-lock-ups when using SFP units. Can't recall any common units/vehicles being used in either mission that could have possibly caused the crashes so I'm at a loss as to what caused them, may even have not been related to SFP at all, could have just been a system error.

I havent looked through the thread (I admit it) but I get a CTD when I'm using the marines.

I'm not sure which one but I'm trying to locate it.

yeah, same here, & when you fire oine of the rockets, lasers law appears, yet when you throw it down, a completely different spent rocket case is on the ground...

Thanks for all for the kind words everybody!

One thing that is very strange is the flood of CTD's and lock-ups that SFP seems to cause for many users.

I promise you, not a single team member or beta tester has experienced lock-ups or CTD's using any of our addons. We have no idea why suddenly so much stuff is causing these critical errors. We are trying our best to resolve it, but it's difficult when you don't really know where to start.

It's also quite interesting to see several bugs arise that wasn't in the pack the day before release. banghead.gifconfused_o.gif

Three quick questions for everybody having these errors:

1) Are you using the -nomap command?

2) Are you using a modfolder or are you putting everything straight into the addons folder?

3) What are your computer specs? Processor, GFX-card, memory.

From what we've seen, using the -nomap command seems to solve many of the CTD/lock-up issues.

my answer to the question:

1) yes smile_o.gif  (-nomap -mod=SFP4;@ECP;llaumax -nosplash)

maybe you have problems with DMA or other mods?

i don't know... and i don't even know how to decode that DMA or what it's about...

i know only SFP bugs... smile_o.gif

hope you will see my text about crew served weapons...

Yes, I am currently using the -nomap command and have all of the SFP addons in their own folder. My system specs are Pentium 4 at 2.8 GHZ, 1024mb RAM running a GeForce FX 5900XT 128mb.

It may simply be I am running too many addons in conjunction with SFP, as even with mod folders and the -nomap shortcut command, there is still a limit to what OFP can take.