Sign in to follow this  
C4P741N

What will you take with you?

What addons/mods/missions would you most like to see converted or will convert yourself into ArmA? The only things I intend to take/convert (if possible) is JAM3, DMA's CCE and Mapfacts DAC (unreleased). My OFP addon collection is a refined 1gb (compressed) of what I beleive is the flashpoint communities finest work, BAS, DKMM, CBT, RHS, ORCS, LSR and many other single authors/releases. As keen as I am to see these in ArmA I will probably just wait for new shiny toys to come after it's release. The reason for my top 3 choices is that I think standardisation of community addons from the beginning is a must and the other two are just my love of dynamic/random/unpredictable/replayble and easy to create missions.

What will you take?

Cap.

is Y2K3 / E.Ecp a valid answer? tounge2.gif .

I think it's important that allot of mods with new gameplay elements (like FDF) get converted, and plans for air / AI / effect conversions willb e made. smile_o.gif

Who needs a replacement mod.. the addons are modern anyways ant they? biggrin_o.gif

I'd like to see someone take a good stab at a World War 2 mod, the FDF team's attempt was looking mighty impressive and Invasion was also great. I hope one of these teams goes all the way and gives us a proper World War 2 modification, WWII in the ArmA engine would be amazing...

For me it has to be the OFrP addons as there without doubt simply amazing. Textures, models and choice of units is outstanding. Also BW Mod addons. As there catching up pretty fast with a fantastic all round units assortment.

PS; As a Brit this was hard to write down without wanting to bite my own hand off, but the PUKForces addons, although superb quality, don't have the "whole" army package feel to them yet.

Bet Tonal would look very pretty if it was updated to ArmA standards.

The DSAI and radio chatter from ECP would be welcome as well.

ECP with the AI shouting and talking would be great

my list is a little bit longer.

- BWMod

- Mapfact addons

- Spetsnaz Mod

- UKF

- RHS

- Combat

- Falkland Mod addons

- Berghoffs great trees

- SFP smile_o.gif

- Invasion Mod

- the Unsung

- CLSA

- FDF

- ECP

i hope Y2K3 and FFUR will work for ArmedAssault and converted the new addons in ArmedA.

And if ArmedAssault havn't it, than dxdll.

Raptor smile_o.gif

It's been a while sense I've posted here and really looking forward to AA. And to answer the topic question, I really wish that we were not bringing in any addons to the new game. This will discourage any newcomers who buy the game and and want to play online; it will be a big hassle for them. I'm sure they will want to jump right into a multiplayer game and boom!...ahhh kicked off because of addons; what a drag. This new AA game will work well for us OFP guys, but not the noobs. Just my opinion.

Kdog

Id like to see zombie mod converted! hopfully with new AI that can navigate buildings properly and clipping proplems gone, plus larger unit count with out lag....should make zombie hunting a hell lot funner. pistols.gif

It's been a while sense I've posted here and really looking forward to AA. And to answer the topic question, I really wish that we were not bringing in any addons to the new game. This will discourage any newcomers who buy the game and and want to play online; it will be a big hassle for them. I'm sure they will want to jump right into a multiplayer game and boom!...ahhh kicked off because of addons; what a drag. This new AA game will work well for us OFP guys, but not the noobs. Just my opinion.

Kdog

what we need then is some enterprising fellow to get the best OFp mods, make sure they run flawlessly in AA, ensure JAM3/CAVS compliancy, and then package the lot with the title; uber-AA-modpack.

then when johnny newcomer installs AA and realises the need for addons with >some< multiplayer games he download one SINGLE addon pack.

wouldn't that be swell?

Quote[/b] ]R3MF Posted on Oct. 09 2005,10:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (KDog35 @ Oct. 08 2005,04:26)

Kdog

what we need then is some enterprising fellow to get the best OFp mods, make sure they run flawlessly in AA, ensure JAM3/CAVS compliancy, and then package the lot with the title; uber-AA-modpack.

then when johnny newcomer installs AA and realises the need for addons with >some< multiplayer games he download one SINGLE addon pack.

wouldn't that be swell?

Except, as always, for the size of the thing. Many more people are getting broadband, but many also do not have access or cannot afford it. So the 1.5GB Uber-Pack would take the better part of a week to DL on dialup (along with the associated disconnects) confused_o.gif

(I'm all for it though, with 1.5MB downstream whistle.gif )