Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Who will continue work for ArmA?

Unsung demo will most likely be released for Ofp and I think will go to Arm A afterwards for the main mod release.

smile_o.gif

Hi,

There is no doubt that modding will be continued for Armed Assault. There need to be Dutch forces in it as soon as possible.

On the other hand, modding for OFP will not entirely come to a halt, I think. For one, it is my opinion that making addons for Armed Assault will likely take more time, due to increasing complexity in both modelling and texturing. As spare time is limited, the lower requirement in hours to be expended to get something useful in game for OFP would mean that this is an attractive option for those with not too much free time on their hands. After all, the time lost on modelling, texturing, configging and what not is subtracted from that available to play OFP and Armed Assault.

Regards,

Sander

Yes, that's one thing that is always troubling...

However, I'm surprised of this, Jaguar. DKM is one of my favorites, and I'd hate to see you left behind (assuming people stop playing ofp crazy_o.gif ). However, it's your desicion to make to stay behind. Even if the rest of DKM moves on. (as you said, it's not your mod) confused_o.gif Long live DKM!

Well I will definetly mod for Armed Assault, but I'm not staying with DKM if I am the sole member, I won't be making the mistake of taking on too many projects as I did in OFP, I will be a member of only one team. That's what I meant. wink_o.gif

Yes, that's one thing that is always troubling...

However, I'm surprised of this, Jaguar. DKM is one of my favorites, and I'd hate to see you left behind (assuming people stop playing ofp  crazy_o.gif ). However, it's your desicion to make to stay behind. Even if the rest of DKM moves on. (as you said, it's not your mod) confused_o.gif Long live DKM!

Well I will definetly mod for Armed Assault, but I'm not staying with DKM if I am the sole member, I won't be making the mistake of taking on too many projects as I did in OFP, I will be a member of only one team. That's what I meant.  wink_o.gif

Ahhh, okay... you got me confused as well smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

I'll be continuing into ArmA, both as RKSL and as a member of 1 or 2 (Max) other teams.

I'll update any addons I've released to the new games. Depending upon what the engine has (improvements) will be a big factor whether or not I continue the DIB project. It has been on hold since BIS announced their destructable buildings for Game2. I felt there was not much point in spending a lot of time developing something that would be superseded by a better system. That said, some of the DIB functionality may still be useful. If it is then that side of the project will get continued.

Hmm, if ArmA has a DIB, I agree, theres no point in making it for that game.. But, if it's (DIB-a-like) only in Game2, you will release DIB for ArmA, right? (Just your wording was a little confusing)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to see what improvements there are in ArmA's engine, espically what people will do with things like huge-buildings and vehicles and more efficent engine.. Things like large high-desnsity, but small enviroments for CQB etc.. And of course huge space-ships, and if you can walk around in these planes/helis etc... *Drools*

- Ben

Quote[/b] ]Hmm, if ArmA has a DIB, I agree, theres no point in making it for that game.. But, if it's (DIB-a-like) only in Game2, you will release DIB for ArmA, right? (Just your wording was a little confusing)

Sorry. Personally I'm waiting for Game2 more than I am ArmA. Shoot me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that ArmA is an updated OFP with improvements to the engine. Also if the release of Game2 is early 2006, then the lifetime of ArmA for most OFP fans will be shortlived, as they will be delving into the glorious depths of Game2 and modding their little hearts out.

When the two games were announced and I saw that Game2 had destructable buildings, I concentrated on other things rather than DIB. However DIB is not just destructable buildings, it is a method of object placement that means one piece aircraft carriers, and large buildings can be made easily.

The DIB project isn't dead. I'm still improving on the methods, and I'm sure at least some of it will be adaptable to Game2.

When I get my greasy mitts on ArmA I will incorporate DIB into that. Perchance if Game2 is delayed and DIB works without problems (I now have the ability to MP test locally now), then it is possible DIB may be released for ArmA.

The article is up and running... Check out http://www.arma.dk/readarticle.php?article_id=6

Thanks all for replying!

Hey thx you very much biggrin_o.gif

btw: soon comes news about us... some new updates like GDI Orca Fighter and GDI/NOD Tiberian Refienry and more more more biggrin_o.gif

ltrs

Sen†ry ˛°°ł xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Hmm, if ArmA has a DIB, I agree, theres no point in making it for that game.. But, if it's (DIB-a-like) only in Game2, you will release DIB for ArmA, right? (Just your wording was a little confusing)

Sorry. Personally I'm waiting for Game2 more than I am ArmA. Shoot me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that ArmA is an updated OFP with improvements to the engine. Also if the release of Game2 is early 2006, then the lifetime of ArmA for most OFP fans will be shortlived, as they will be delving into the glorious depths of Game2 and modding their little hearts out.

When the two games were announced and I saw that Game2 had destructable buildings, I concentrated on other things rather than DIB. However DIB is not just destructable buildings, it is a method of object placement that means one piece aircraft carriers, and large buildings can be made easily.

The DIB project isn't dead. I'm still improving on the methods, and I'm sure at least some of it will be adaptable to Game2.

When I get my greasy mitts on ArmA I will incorporate DIB into that. Perchance if Game2 is delayed and DIB works without problems (I now have the ability to MP test locally now), then it is possible DIB may be released for ArmA.

Well I don't know if it has changed but BIS says the game is expected in late 2006 not early.

STGN

Well I don't know if it has changed but BIS says the game is expected in late 2006 not early.

STGN

You are correct: Q4 2006 Game2 expected release.

However continuing DIB still depends upon what ArmA is compatible with and what features it may have.

My LCAC and carriers are on hold since ArmA was committed, If larger vehicles and more vehicle control options are offered, they will be my priority.

Quote[/b] ]Surely addons made to OFP will be compatible, but it wont the other way around. So if the mods are making addons for ArmA, people that only have ofp:R won't be able to use it.

Its just like when Ressistance was released - the modding community for 1.46 kinda died.

I think this is the right section to talk about editing, ey?

that is natural evolution and if you are not flowing with it then sorry pal, you will loose out. And I think its safe to say that 99% of people who still hang around here will get ArmA in any case.

I'm with you there Col.

I also hope there will be a quicker lead time between release of Game 2 and the dev tools which help us make new content for it.

"Who will continue work for ArmA?"

and if you are; is this a good time for mod-makers to standardise on CAVS and JAM?

*waiting to here about UKF and the prospect of a Challenger2........*

regards

REMF

I have to agree with Jackal VBS users have a headstart in experience on the models jugding from the screenshots.

I have VBS and most of the DDAM modding crew too and we WILL make ArmA addons Danish and others for sure biggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

UKF will be there in Arma - But like most of the addon makers here, we'd love to see what's expected of addons with Arma in terms of LOD's pollies etc - and again, being given the new tools before Arma release would be useful

(But the chally we be released in both guises smile_o.gif )

You can also expect an appearence from the NIMOD also, it has been our original plan to convert over to Arma when we heard the good news. We just hope a few issues have been solved.

Smiley

Quote[/b] ]ArmA will be my heaven for creating huge ships and space ships

your wrong

everyone expects too much from arma

arma will be very much like and degraded vbs1

but with pimped looks thats all

engine features will be nearly same as in vbs1 i assume

and stating from that you cant expect that..

i also go with klink

game 2 will be more intrestign then arma

I also hope there will be a quicker lead time between release of Game 2 and the dev tools which help us make new content for it.

i think tools will be released much quicker (if any are required) for Arma and Game 2 - mainly because BIS must have realised that without the modding community, OFP wouldnt be played as much as it still is... although i think O2 will still be around for Arma

Quote[/b] ]ArmA will be my heaven for creating huge ships and space ships

your wrong

everyone expects too much from arma

arma will be very much like and degraded vbs1

but with pimped looks thats all

engine features will be nearly same as in vbs1 i assume

and stating from that you cant expect that..

i also go with klink

game 2 will be more intrestign then arma

I disagree with you on that score Neph. I recently purchased OFP: Elite for the XBOX, and can tell you, its a lot more than just a simple GFX update - that is ofcourse assuming AA uses the same sort of refined engine OFP: Elite does. The collision detection for one is a lot better. Gone are the days of clipping trucks through the side of civilian Skodas and then listening as the Skoda explodes as you drive off (a frequent occurance is many missions I've played, especially MP).

I don't expect the destructable buildings that are lined up for VBS1 in future modules, nor do I expect the "Convoy Module" features to be present (i.e. firing from turned out position etc.)

The thing I am most looking forward to about AA is the new island, which has ben stated to be 100km2 or there abouts.

Anyway, getting back on topic, people keep mentioning new tools etc. Assuming that AA is basically OFP on steroids, we already have all the tools we'll need (O2/Buldozer, Visitor/WRPTool etc.).